IGNORED

Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle in the Carabao Cup Match Day Thread

MC RISK77

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Thought we had a better squad this season?

For playing the ball on the deck, maybe. In my book there's not such thing as strictly better, just getting players to fit a system. The issue is without Flint, it highlights the serious lack of height throughout the team.

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

I mean.

I assumed it was more of a chance for him to get some confidence vs Match fitness. He had the Games with the ROI at the end of last season in June/July, so I'd assume he'd be more match fit with the full pre season than a few others if anything.

But, I'm just guestimating.

He got injured at the start of pre season though . Yes he played a couple of games for ROI but I think that was before the World Cup started . 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thanks

Was more commentating on the quality and accuracy of your observations , and your understanding of football , and the adjective ‘decent’.

Have a look at player ratings from the Man City game and you won't find anything less than a 6, so for a debut game for a 20 year old that's not bad at all. Give it a rest you're boring me so god knows what it's like for everyone else.

1 minute ago, Red_Wizard said:

I don’t believe the forum will unite once more until Johnson has left this club

I’ve been on this forum for 15 years, and it’s never been full ‘united’.

People always have differing opinions, particularly on managers - just the way of things.

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

still an example of a player showing huge improvements. 

There’s lots of examples at other clubs.  I was talking about City (hence my comment about how long I’ve been watching). Apologies if that wasn’t clear.  

1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

Have a look at player ratings from the Man City game and you won't find anything less than a 6, so for a debut game for a 20 year old that's not bad at all. Give it a rest you're boring me so god knows what it's like for everyone else.

15 mins four touches

:laughcont:

Try his appearances subsequently , including his full debut when IIRC he was hooked

He was awful despite your rose tinted spin

Boring is someone who cant see through those glasses

1 minute ago, EmersonsRed said:

18 shots and 11 corners, 0 goals, that's a serious lack of quality.

I hope this doesn't become a theme of our season. There's nothing more frustrating than constantly dominating a game and getting nothing out of it. Suggests the tactics may well be fundamentally on the right lines but just lacking cutting edge or real creativity, so annoying.

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

He became that player after we let him go for peanuts. 

Tbh, he handed in a transfer request, so naught we could do. He was decent for us but barely got a run - McInnes, that should explain itself. Scored the goal before he left at Coventry I believe? End of the season?

anything actually happening...other than the bitching and moaning.

I'm stuck in a hotel in Luton where i can confirm the town centre Wetherspoons is the burning beacon of hope in this god foresaken hole.  

I'm not getting much of a sense of feeling for what's happening in the game reading the matchday thread...

Archived