IGNORED

Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle in the Carabao Cup Match Day Thread

MC RISK77

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Matty Taylor subbed.  Sounds like he was awful.  Shame as there is a player there somewhere.  Just cannot do it when he starts a game it seems.  

Game was summed up early in the second half.

Used his body well to get wrong side of a defender and won a header against someone a good few inches taller.

Then headed the ball to no one and conceded possession.

1 minute ago, Le Grande Homme said:

anything actually happening...other than the bitching and moaning.

I'm stuck in a hotel in Luton where i can confirm the town centre Wetherspoons is the burning beacon of hope in this god foresaken hole.  

I'm not getting much of a sense of feeling for what's happening in the game reading the matchday thread...

We are kind of edging the game, but not really carrying any great threat.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

15 mins four touches

:laughcont:

Try his appearances subsequently , including his full debut when IIRC he was hooked

He was awful despite your rose tinted spin

Boring is someone who cant see through those glasses

Four touches? You can remember can you?

Don't know why we even bother with complex stats and an in-depth scouting network to be honest lads when we've got this guy. All we have to do is call up Mystic Bob sat at home in his armchair and he can tell us exactly just how sh*t each of our players will be over the coming years! Throw in a potential LJ sacking and it's a full on wet dream for SuperBob!

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

If only we had given Bolasie a bit more time...an example of needing to give time

Could be a case of time. Could be a case of poor management. Could be a case of poor training methods, could be a case of a lot of things tbh.  But there was definitely a player in there that’s for sure.  Not sure I see it in Walsh personally. Anyway........

3 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Four touches? You can remember can you?

Don't know why we even bother with complex stats and an in-depth scouting network to be honest lads when we've got this guy. All we have to do is call up Mystic Bob sat at home in his armchair and he can tell us exactly just how sh*t each of our players will be over the coming years! Throw in a potential LJ sacking and it's a full on wet dream for SuperBob!

Sounds like you need a wet wipe ?

In depth scouting network’

Go on gis’ another 

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Matty Taylor subbed.  Sounds like he was awful.  Shame as there is a player there somewhere.  Just cannot do it when he starts a game it seems.  

No there is not...he is out of his depth at this level...4 goals in 18 months regardless of injuries is not prolific...we need to get rid and I wish it would have been done along with djuric and a proper striker come in 

• Admin
7 minutes ago, italian dave said:

One positive from tonight: counts as one of Diedhiou’s six games. 

Out of interest does it? 

Only reason I ask is bookings in the league Cup only count in this competition and not against disciplinary points in the league 

3 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

No there is not...he is out of his depth at this level...4 goals in 18 months regardless of injuries is not prolific...we need to get rid and I wish it would have been done along with djuric and a proper striker come in 

Flashes of a very good player.  Just too inconsistent.  

Kelly misses a free header from 4 yards

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Out of interest does it? 

Only reason I ask is bookings in the league Cup only count in this competition and not against disciplinary points in the league 

It does

Leage suspensions count for any domestic game missed.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Out of interest does it? 

I think that only started to be a thing this season so hopefully it won`t apply since the stitch up on him happened last season.

6 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I guess this puts the strength in depth argument to bed then. Lets hope LJ and Ashton are pulling out the stops to get a few  quality loans in. 

they will have to try harder than the last window

Archived