IGNORED

Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle in the Carabao Cup Match Day Thread

MC RISK77

9 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Why the twatish smiley faces...go on then tell me a game In nearly two years where he has taken the game by the scruff of the neck and bend the stand out player?

He was excellent last season until he got injured and the season before he’d just come into the championship.

just admit you’ve had a mare . The twattish emojis as you put it are because I’m laughing at your minuscule knowledge 

A poor performance, but didnt deserve the boos at the end.

I'm not overly concerned as it was almost entirely a second string side and, second half at least, were the far better side.

Weimann looked great, him and Diedhiou could be a fantastic partnership.

Walsh was decent.

Kelly looked good, better after moving to LB.

Webster looked to be an Ayling mk II in the way he carried the ball out of defense.

We had 2 goals ruled out and about 3 times Plymouth scrambled the ball off the line. Continue making those chances and the goals will happen.

1 minute ago, westonred said:

We are desperate for a championship quality striker we had enough chances tonight to get a hatfull but Taylor is not good enough and Eisa is one for the future. We must get someone in now

Letting Duric go was careless, not getting a replacement shocking.

Loads of possession, no end product. Is LJ turning into a SoD?

3 minutes ago, westonred said:

We are desperate for a championship quality striker we had enough chances tonight to get a hatfull but Taylor is not good enough and Eisa is one for the future. We must get someone in now

Eisa is 24, surely that surpasses the “one for the future” age bracket?

51 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Any more of our youngsters going to be written off tonight?  O'Dowda and Walsh so far....

Surely OTIB can build on that! 

Just to point out Dave, in my post I wasn't writing him off; more questioning the risk of him playing in the Championship when his previous highest level where he played a significant part or run of games was in League 2. That's simply factual information.

Morrell, for comparison, has twice the experience at League 2 than Walsh. I simply think on paper, hypothetically, with the physical style of the championship we won't see the best of him in a two in the middle scenario. He'd be better in a three, (only my opinion) such as with Liam Kelly at Reading.

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I don't know  how many changes Plymouth made for tonight but we made too many,

Disappointed, as I thought we needed to get a bit of momentum going . 

Our first team aren't so familiar with each other that they wouldn't have benefited from a hour together.

It's never good to lose any match .

Sorry Major but this first team you mention, who are they and how many games will they start together?

Unfair question really as LJ does not know, so how could you.

Ah well, no distractions this season then.

Win would have been good, but the loss isn't disastourous in the great scheme of things.

Next game is a must win though. LJ is going to be under no pressure anytime soon, but the longer we don't win....

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

Good to see how much stronger the squad is after our summer business though  :whistle2:

Tbf, the squad will take time to Gel, I can accept that.

What I don't like is how narrow we defend across the back 4; we invite crosses in - when we belatedly no longer have the ball magnet that was Flint's absolute brick of noggin.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm not overly concerned as it was almost entirely a second string side and, second half at least, were the far better side.

Walsh was decent.

Webster looked to be an Ayling mk II in the way he carried the ball out of defense.

We had 2 goals ruled out and about 3 times Plymouth scrambled the ball off the line. Continue making those chances and the goals will happen.

Yet many on here claim that the whole point of this years tranfer window was that we would bring strength in depth to the squad. If our back ups can’t perform against Plymouth then that has to be slightly concerning surely. 

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I was correct again.  Although sometimes I hate being right, like tonight.

That’s fair enough, but why would a fan write us off against a league one club when the game had only just started?! Yep you were right, but you wrote the team off at the start of the game....and it’s only the third game of the season....no need to be smug...

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Walsh was decent.

Thought we played well especially last 20 when we really ramped it up and the run of the ball just wouldn’t fall for us. On another night could have been 4 or 5 but it happens like that sometimes

17 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I can't make a prediction?  

Someone else mentioned he was ex Gas as well.  Going to pull them up as well? 

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....and, as per my question, why is it relevant that their keeper is ex-gas? Is that enough for you to write him off? Terry Cooper was ex gas when he came to us as our manager, and he worked miracles and is my fave City manager ever, never gave his ‘ex gas’ status a thought for a second...

Hands Up, that was me.

Matt Macey left Rovers for Arsenal as a youngster and, I believe, played (or was certainly on the bench) in one of their recent European Championship matches - he is a very promising goalkeeper and is currently on loan to Plymouth.

I am not sure why @RedDave is subject to any criticism for his comments (about MM).

Archived