IGNORED

Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle in the Carabao Cup Match Day Thread

MC RISK77

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Last season Plymouth made 9 changes.

This year it was a near enough full strength side.

2 things that arent the same.

Equally, Plymouth fans said last years game was one of their worst performamces all season.

Today they played better and we played worse.

We we still clearly the better side and battered them for the last quarter of the game, in our worst spell of the game it was an even contest.

They grabbed a goal from a set piece while we werent clinical.

You are overdramaticising this result.

Full marks at least your excuse is original.

Am I the only one that feels a bit pissed off about getting beaten at home by Plymouth Argyle in a cup competition that we were dreaming of actually getting to the final of last season!

I hope some of you are right with onwards and upwards lets get into Middlesbrough comments. Problem is it feels like a bigger game than it is after tonight’s result.

Still normal League Cup service resumed!

10 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

We need to talk about their keeper. Massive and catches everything. Should have got him on loan

I was impressed with him, kicked well too. Don’t know who he is, but if we had recruited him ( yes I know it’s only one one match I’m seeing him) I wouldn’t have been disappointed.

8 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

LJ performed for half a season and many of those wins were not convincing let’s not gloss over the truth, we got very lucky early on and could quite easily of lost a fair few more of those early games, let’s just say we had the rub of the green we muddled through and some momentum was built, what happened after that is the most worrying surely?

Stats stand for nothing you know that, GJ got us promoted to the champ and almost immediately up to the Prem, SC won a double.. these are the only stats that matter to me and I have absolutely no confidence that LJ can make that grade.. 

Got very lucky early on? For every game we “could quite easily” have lost there are other games we could quite easily have won on another day.

Your inability to even recognise the positives and focus only on negatives tells me everything I need to know. There is no hope of a balanced assessment.

17 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

You replaced me :sad26:

Well your arguments and opinions suddenly became ‘resaonable’ James - I reckon there’s still room for one of our classic spats soon though...I’ll have had a couple of merlots one evening, you’ll probably slag off Warnock and I’ll bite...and off we’ll go again!

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well your arguments and opinions suddenly became ‘resaonable’ James - I reckon there’s still room for one of our classic spats soon though...I’ll have had a couple of merlots one evening, you’ll probably slag off Warnock and I’ll bite...and off we’ll go again!

I'm just wondering who Warnock will manage after Cardiffs inevitable relegation and his sacking.

:robbored:

15 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Am I the only one that feels a bit pissed off about getting beaten at home by Plymouth Argyle in a cup competition that we were dreaming of actually getting to the final of last season!

I hope some of you are right with onwards and upwards lets get into Middlesbrough comments. Problem is it feels like a bigger game than it is after tonight’s result.

Still normal League Cup service resumed!

Yep, I was fuming!!!

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm just wondering who Warnock will manage after Cardiffs inevitable relegation and his sacking.

:robbored:

Well, as you’ll know from my many spoutings about Mr Warnock on here, I don’t think he’s a premier league manager, if I was a club owner I’d hire him to get the club promoted out of the championship then I’d shake his hand, say cheers, pay him his bonus then look for a manager of proven calibre to do well at the top level....I’ve consistently lauded Neil’s experience and achievements at championship level, but have always said the one above is a step too far for him....which is what I’ve also said about Cotts, a very fine league one manager who just can’t seem to make the step up....

4 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Serious question. What has O’Dowda done recently to warrant a place in anyone’s team, let alone ours?

DaSilva posed far more of an attacking threat than o dowda last night. I thought he was well off it and as for taylor, id even loan him back to the gas.pisano tried harder to break through their defence,eisa will get there with experience but cost us that 'goal' with his hanging about after missing a chance.

the rest tried but as already said,didnt really press for an equaliser until weinman upped the tempo

On 14/08/2018 at 22:05, JamesBCFC said:

Last season Plymouth made 9 changes.

This year it was a near enough full strength side.

2 things that arent the same.

Equally, Plymouth fans said last years game was one of their worst performamces all season.

Today they played better and we played worse.

We we still clearly the better side and battered them for the last quarter of the game, in our worst spell of the game it was an even contest.

They grabbed a goal from a set piece while we werent clinical.

You are overdramaticising this result.

The bits in bold are why I'm worried.  They are common in struggling teams.  

Archived