IGNORED

Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle in the Carabao Cup Match Day Thread

MC RISK77

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I find it amazing 

I find it amazing within this thread that some people sat at home are just hoping for LJ to fail.

Don't be such a sad smart arse you have no idea about me. Just for your petty pleasure I'm currently over 200 miles away sat with my family. But don't worry I'll be there Saturday cheering the team on 

2 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Considering Everton fans were gutted to lose him and considering he was pretty decent on his debut for us, how anyone can write off Liam Walsh already is beyond me. You cannot guarantee that he will make it but anyone claiming they can guarantee he won't is talking b*llocks.

He hasnt been bad tonight either, keeps the ball ticking over.

We've been lacking any urgency, and Plymouth very organised defensively.

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Don't be such a sad smart arse you have no idea about me. Just for your petty pleasure I'm currently over 200 miles away sat with my family. But don't worry I'll be there Saturday cheering the team on 

Didnt realise you knew how to do that.

6 minutes ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

Completely disagree personally. Think he’s been good this game on its own and has the potential to be a good player 

Probably one of his better games for us to be fair.

Generally its some nice passing with it ultimately being too easy for their keeper 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You think so ?

Not according to some

I don’t think I took it for granted personally. He was a dominant aerial presence, perhaps one of the best in the world. Anyone would miss that if they had it for years. Other teams get by without massive CBs(Fulham during their good run last season started a 5’9 RB and 5’11 CB there) and do ok. 

Flint did add a lot of grit though and that may be what we miss more. Even Baker seems to have been reeled in some. The best Baker you never knew if he’d be sent off but for all the games he has had for us only 2! Don’t reign players in, embrace their strengths and deal with consequences. Got off topic a bit but we were already soft with Flint. Not sure we got any fighters or not many anyway

23 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Question for everyone...o’dowda what does he offer?

before and around Cardiff game o was questioning this...hit a purple patch around that game and then got injured so very bad luck

now back in the team...is he the answer?

???? oh dear , are you for real. He’s hardly had a pre season and is way off the pace fitness wise . Embarrassing shout tbf . 

3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

So you're saying they were not financially disasters for us? 

Amazing 

Did I say that- No I didn't. Hardly financial disasters- at a loss of c. £3million with a gain of £22 million. You win some transfers - you lose some. We are so ahead but, hey, you have an agenda so just carry on.

What I will say is that LJ took Bobby Reid from a player worth £500,000 and turned him into a player worth £10,000,000. In one season.

Answer that and stay fashionable.

7 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Considering Everton fans were gutted to lose him and considering he was pretty decent on his debut for us, how anyone can write off Liam Walsh already is beyond me. You cannot guarantee that he will make it but anyone claiming they can guarantee he won't is talking b*llocks.

Decent debut ?

10 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Well done- 

Lee buys the shite players and anybody else buys the decent ones.

Class comment

The issue is that Walsh isn't ready for the championship; he hasn't really proven himself at any level and we've spunked a million on him over an odd season he had at Yeovil a little under 3 years ago. You can argue I'm drawing an opinion before I've seen him play to a proper degree, and I am - fact is none of us have, and there's no evidence he could make it at this level. He didnt play a senior game for Everton, so how we can trust their judgement makes no more sense than our own.

I've highlighted it a few times, but bar Diedhiou, our recruitment under Lee and Ashton is horrific reading. So I 90% agree with that statement I underlined. And if they were worth the money for which we scouted and signed them - what does it say about LJ? Either the recruitment is questionable or our coaching is. Which is it? If two midfielders get knocks - and Korey is injury prone, -let's say Pack gets a knock, our midfield is then made up of two of Brownhill, Walsh, and Morrell.

We have a competent playmaker, and then two completely unproven players whose stints in first team football of any significance were at Yeovil (3 years ago) and last season at Cheltenham.

If things stay as is past the end of the loan window, and Pack breaks his Leg, we're absolutely ****ed.

15 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

It is only a cup competition (& all that) but the cracks are there still. Saturdays league game is massive.

I for one need a confidence boost from Johnson’s new look team. Not too bothered about tonight TBF but will be ref Saturday.

Any chance you can send Flint off and give us 3 pens then?!

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

???? oh dear , are you for real. He’s hardly had a pre season and is way off the pace fitness wise . Embarrassing shout tbf . 

If he was that far off the pace..... a serious question - why would he be starting in the league?

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Decent debut ?

Away at Man City yes. Put it this way guys...

24th August 2013 - we drew 2-2 away at MK Dons. Sean O'Driscoll was manager, and Bobby Reid was substituted off in the 75th minute to be replaced by Jordan Wynter.

This was the match in which Bobby Reid passed the same amount of minutes as Liam Walsh has currently played for us. He was 20 years old, just as Walsh is now. How many of you knew he was a £10m player then?

Let's not write the kid off just yet eh...

1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

Away at Man City yes. Put it this way guys...

24th August 2013 - we drew 2-2 away at MK Dons. Sean O'Driscoll was manager, and Bobby Reid was substituted off in the 75th minute to be replaced by Jordan Wynter.

This was the match in which Bobby Reid passed the same amount of minutes as Liam Walsh has currently played for us. He was 20 years old, just as Walsh is now. How many of you knew he was a £10m player then?

Let's not write the kid off just yet eh...

He touched the ball about four times

How about his full debut ?

Archived