IGNORED

Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle in the Carabao Cup Match Day Thread

MC RISK77

4 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Away at Man City yes. Put it this way guys...

24th August 2013 - we drew 2-2 away at MK Dons. Sean O'Driscoll was manager, and Bobby Reid was substituted off in the 75th minute to be replaced by Jordan Wynter.

This was the match in which Bobby Reid passed the same amount of minutes as Liam Walsh has currently played for us. He was 20 years old, just as Walsh is now. How many of you knew he was a £10m player then?

Let's not write the kid off just yet eh...

Situations like Bobby Reid’s happen once, maybe twice a decade. If you are very very lucky (I can’t recall a similar transformation in 30 years at City - happy to be corrected). So to relate every player who’s not currently performing being able to be turned into a £10m to him just isn’t feasible. He’s been very poor for us thus far, let’s call it as it is. Let’s hope it changes.  

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Situations like Bobby Reid’s happen once, maybe twice a decade. If you are very very lucky (I can’t recall a similar transformation in 30 years at City - happy to be corrected). So to relate every player who’s not currently performing being able to be turned into a £10m to him just isn’t feasible. He’s been very poor for us thus far, let’s call it as it is. Let’s hope it changes.  

You're absolutely right. I'm not saying he's going to be class. I'm just treating those saying he'll never make it with the disdain that it deserves. We don't know.

It's all about context and he's 20 years old. He will get better.

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Because he’s one of our better players and obviously trying to get some match fitness into him. Why do you think he’s started tonight 

I mean.

I assumed it was more of a chance for him to get some confidence vs Match fitness. He had the Games with the ROI at the end of last season in June/July, so I'd assume he'd be more match fit with the full pre season than a few others if anything.

But, I'm just guestimating.

5 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Let me help you mate. https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/debut

the occasion when someone performs or presents something to the public for the first time

Thanks

Was more commentating on the quality and accuracy of your observations , and your understanding of football , and the adjective ‘decent’.

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

Nobody gave Yannick Bolasie time either...although he became a £25m player not a £10m one

Archived