IGNORED

We just had 14 corners and 27 shots...

EmersonsRed

Been saying it a few weeks. Pato too inconsistent. Taylor useless and Eisa needs time. Even Watkins and Adelakun mentioned as options but are wingers!! We are screwed if Fam misses any more time

Should add I thought their keeper was fantastic and many of those shots will have been blocked. This was a big game for them after last season. 

8 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

and didn't score. That is beyond worrying. Our quality in the final 3rd doesn't look good.

6 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Some of us said this weeks ago 

We were shot down in flames.

But I have seen this happen to teams that you would consider our most potent in their time. You get games like this, sounded like their keeper had a stormer.

9 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

and didn't score. That is beyond worrying. Our quality in the final 3rd doesn't look good.

But probably not as bad as our quality in getting it to the final 3rd.

On the upside one of our 'for the futures' you know,  one who'll be cut in two years having never been given a chance, scored a cracker for Southend.

What about Kelly with his "premiership quality", our full international O'Dowda, the fans choice for captain Smith and Kelly from Everton's academy, surely all the comments from the coaching staff recently are turning into hot air when faced by determined opposition.

It's far too early to judge Eisa, other than to say he might not be ready for the Championship yet but Taylor and O'Dowda must do better. 

1 minute ago, Laner said:

We wasted quite a few corners with short ball routines that just didn't work. But with no true target man to aim balls in towards I guess we had to mix things up a little. 

Yea. I was guessing we were working on a few routines in game. A bit of a downer that game but was mostly positive. Good minutes for younger players. Think we win that if Wright is fit. Needed a bit of muscle in there and Pisano and Kelly tried but just not up to it. Webster changed the game as did Weimann

We had our what, third and fourth choice strikers on?

Weimann was the best player on the pitch when he came on, other than the silly handball he was booked for. With him and Diedhiou we will be fine for goals.

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yea. I was guessing we were working on a few routines in game. A bit of a downer that game but was mostly positive. Good minutes for younger players. Think we win that if Wright is fit. Needed a bit of muscle in there and Pisano and Kelly tried but just not up to it. Webster changed the game as did Weimann

Id say if Webster and Weimann had started we'd have won comfortably.

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

After Sheffield United I suggest that puts the play Kelly at CH in Championship to bed for now 

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

We had our what, third and fourth choice strikers on?

Weimann was the best player on the pitch when he came on, other than the silly handball he was booked for. With him and Diedhiou we will be fine for goals.

Id say if Webster and Weimann had started we'd have won comfortably.

Agree but I get why they didn’t start. My only concern going forward is if Diedhiou misses more time. Same problems tonight that we had against Forest and Bolton. Reckon Diedhiou will remedy a lot of that but asking a lot of him to stay 100% fit for 41 league games.

We still have time to bring someone in though. Think we need a presence up front. Not necessarily a big target man but someone who can hold the ball up and help our midfield get up the pitch. There were 30-40 yard gaps between our strikers and midfield at times after defending. All for keeping goals out but Taylor and Eisa both struggled to hold it long enough for help to arrive. 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

After Sheffield United I suggest that puts the play Kelly at CH in Championship to bed for now 

I’d say so and I am fine with that. He was actually more physical than Pisano which surprised me a bit. Just needs to naturally fill out more. He has the aggression so by the time he is 22-23 he should be ready to start his career there. 

Until then he has good pace, agility, crossing and decision making for LB. Would be a waste not to use him there often just because he wants to be a CB

16 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

What about Kelly with his "premiership quality", our full international O'Dowda, the fans choice for captain Smith and Kelly from Everton's academy, surely all the comments from the coaching staff recently are turning into hot air when faced by determined opposition.

It's far too early to judge Eisa, other than to say he might not be ready for the Championship yet but Taylor and O'Dowda must do better. 

Personally I don’t see Kelly as a CB, much much better LB, I would argue better than the one we just sold. Can’t speak for tonight as not on BCTV, but watched him get taken apart by Sheffield U last year. Appreciate that 1 or 2 games is not enough to tell, but he looks so composed at LB whereas he does not have the same composure in the centre.

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

I’d say so and I am fine with that. He was actually more physical than Pisano which surprised me a bit. Just needs to naturally fill out more. He has the aggression so by the time he is 22-23 he should be ready to start his career there. 

Until then he has good pace, agility, crossing and decision making for LB. Would be a waste not to use him there often just because he wants to be a CB

Got no problem with that if he continues to play well there (Positive reports from Saturday)

Would be interested in anyone’s first impressions of Desilva tonight ?

1 minute ago, cheshire_red said:

a pretty strong Plymouth had 2 shots on target how does that prove Kelly isn't up to CH?

Need to look much further forward for reasons

It is not a negative on his part. He battled every step of the way he just lacks a bit of strength at the moment. Hard to explain but look at how Webster dealt with their strikers when he came on. He was able to stand his ground and the striker could not move him. Just a bit of experience and filling out will sort LK right out

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Got no problem with that if he continues to play well there (Positive reports from Saturday)

Would be interested in anyone’s first impressions of Desilva tonight ?

Abdolutely tiny. Smaller than Liam Walsh. Hard to say because he didn’t have much to do. Looks comfortable on the ball. A couple nice crosses and a terrible one. Some good skill think won us a corner. Can’t tell about how he will fair in champ football based on that. Though I’d say don’t let the size fool you. Looks like he will battle and won quite a few in the air. 

4 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

a pretty strong Plymouth had 2 shots on target how does that prove Kelly isn't up to CH?

Need to look much further forward for reasons

His positioning , and understanding against Sheffield United was so bad I felt sorry for him Cheshire

Accepting he’s young, and talented he looked a million miles from playing CB that day

It may end up his place but there’s no evidence of that at present

24 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I know he is popular and people have high hopes and he is young etc etc but Kelly is not a left back for sure - not a clue coming forward.

DaSilva - now he is a left back.

21 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Taylor and O'Dowda must do better. 

Absolutely. Taylor needs to go, he’s had long enough and isn’t up to championship standard.  O’Dowda is well overrated in my opinion. We’ll end up on a relegation scrap if we rely on players like these !

Archived