IGNORED

Not breaking teams down

krxs97

Haven't come from behind to win a game since the 3-2 at Hull on 25th November and we've only come back to draw games on 3 occasions since then. Pretty worrying considering we've won 3 of 28 competitive matches since Boxing Day. 

All well and good playing high intensity football to win possession, but to then do **** all with it...

I get it has been a bad 2018 but I wish we’d start counting again from this season. About 4-5 new starters being integrated into the squad is always tough. I am looking for LJ to turn bad runs around too but for me we without a win in 3 with one being a cup match where he made quite a few changes. Not an easy start to our season with Forest, Boro and Swansea in our first 5 and without Diedhiou for those. Things need to pick up soon but I hope we can give it a bit more time

2 minutes ago, Premier Blue said:

Just how Neil Warnock gets his teams to play. Thought you lot would rather play the way you do than be effective like him

It’s not the long ball that makes us not want to play like him, it’s the constant cheating and diving...

Anyway, what’s a Cardiff fan doing on a Bristol city forum at 11pm on a Tuesday night

16 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

Our build up, especially in the final third is far too slow.

Just get the ball in the box quicker.

Tonight was more difficult as the team averaged about 4 foot nothing and although we put plenty of crosses in, there was nobody in there who could head a ball.

Agreed, we are so one-dimensional. Seems like this runs throughout the team, even to the fringe players and the youngsters, as based on tonight's performance.

No such thing as a Plan B with this lot.

40 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I get it has been a bad 2018 but I wish we’d start counting again from this season. About 4-5 new starters being integrated into the squad is always tough. I am looking for LJ to turn bad runs around too but for me we without a win in 3 with one being a cup match where he made quite a few changes. Not an easy start to our season with Forest, Boro and Swansea in our first 5 and without Diedhiou for those. Things need to pick up soon but I hope we can give it a bit more time

It would be slightly unfair to be on Johnson's back straight away considering we are missing our main man and with the loan window still open, we could still see some decent arrivals. But the way we're playing doesn't fill me with confidence. Also, a few of the 'starters' have been dreadful for a while now. Paterson has been off his game for months and Baker & COD haven't been the same since their injuries.

Hopefully it all clicks in the upcoming games, being more clinical is a must.

5 hours ago, krxs97 said:

Haven't come from behind to win a game since the 3-2 at Hull on 25th November and we've only come back to draw games on 3 occasions since then. Pretty worrying considering we've won 3 of 28 competitive matches since Boxing Day. 

All well and good playing high intensity football to win possession, but to then do **** all with it...

I said in another post that in the first half of last season we were always in the game, whereas in the second half of the season we were chasing more games.  I suppose we did chase a game on Saturday and get a result, but in truth we were dominant in possession for most of the game but let in two poor goals in a short period.

We need to stay in games as long as possible, certainly away from home.  We seem to be able to make it too easy to give our opposition a lift and allow them into the game.  I’m not saying we should dominate every game, that’s stupid, but we concede goal scoring attempts a bit easier than we are given them at the other end.  I do think we are a bit soft.  I don’t think that’s because we get exposed by only playing a two in midfield, I just think we allow too much space all over the pitch.  Maybe the press isn’t being triggered correctly it can’t be triggered correctly because we are too far apart.

The little spell from Bolton in the second half of Saturday wasn’t helped by us dropping off, especially from their keeper’s kicks.  They were being launched deep into our half.  I know we couldn’t just push up to the halfway line, but we started too deep which made it easier for Bolton;s midfield to push on, meaning our own midfield (tracking them) became miles away from our strikers.

We need to be more compact, our wingers starting positions were too high both out of possession and with the ball.  We looked a bit better balanced when Watkins came on.

11 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

ack in number and depth real quality 

A lot of grey but lacking in silver or  gold

I won't join in with the gnashing and gnarling about this result but its a very good point. Bristol City once again have a large squad. Many for the future, lots of different clubs as the cliche goes, but a lot of yes grey.

A observation I have made is the larger the squad the worse the team frequently is. I look at Bristol City's squad and wonder who the key players are for the future. Its obvious who the big key players were, the majority have left.

Archived