IGNORED

Liam Walsh

Red Skin

Think this lad was outstanding tonight.

Always demanding the ball.  Some class final passes to create chances and ran at defenders round the edge of the box.   He really needs to start next game.  

I can now see what Everton fans were gutted when he left to come to us.   

Well done Liam.

Funny how people see things differently.

I thought he was bang average lumping high balls up to Mo Eisa and Taylor.

I wanted him to play well but unfortunately not the case.

The game didn't change untill Wieman came on. Brownhill should have replaced Walsh earlier around the hour mark.

7 minutes ago, Spoons said:

The game didn't change untill Wieman came on. Brownhill should have replaced Walsh earlier around the hour mark.

The game changed when Weiman came on because Walsh then had some one who made the right runs for him to pick out 

I was not a great Walsh fan before tonight but I thought he was excellent and the best player on the pitch. The pace of his passes and range as well as running at the opposition is something we have missed. He was very close with 2 free kicks also. He has a great deal of potential for one so young and can see from tonight's game why Everton rated him.

1 minute ago, INCRED said:

The game changed when Weiman came on because Walsh then had some one who made the right runs for him to pick out 

I was not a great Walsh fan before tonight but I thought he was excellent and the best player on the pitch. The pace of his passes and range as well as running at the opposition is something we have missed. He was very close with 2 free kicks also. He has a great deal of potential for one so young and can see from tonight's game why Everton rated him.

Sorry mate can't agree with that.

I do agree he has potential but I want him( so does LJ) to be challenging korey Smith, Josh brownhill and Marlon pack for a starting position. He's no where near IMO.

26 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Until Weimann came on.

38 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I agree, I wasn’t impressed at all, but the lad is still young and has plenty of time to improve.

9 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

What he needs to improve is his presence.  He needs to get stuck in a bit more and beef up a bit.  His passsing was pretty good though.

Can see the lad has got it about him, no doubt about that, imo we just haven’t seen it yet, he loves a challenge so was abit suprised to see him pull out of one tonight, with Marlon, Smith and Brownhill above him in the pecking order think he’ll struggle to stake a claim for a starting spot, same as Taylor I’ve been one of the ones who’ve been calling for him to get given a chance, thought tonight was his opportunity to really show LJ that he deserves a shot but unfortunately it didn’t happen for him, didn’t seem his usual busy self and may aswell had breeze blocks as boots as he couldn’t control a thing, missed chance for MT tonight.

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Can see the lad has got it about him, no doubt about that, imo we just haven’t seen it yet, he loves a challenge so was abit suprised to see him pull out of one tonight, with Marlon, Smith and Brownhill above him in the pecking order think he’ll struggle to stake a claim for a starting spot, same as Taylor I’ve been one of the ones who’ve been calling for him to get given a chance, thought tonight was his opportunity to really show LJ that he deserves a shot but unfortunately it didn’t happen for him, didn’t seem his usual busy self and may aswell had breeze blocks as boots as he couldn’t control a thing, missed chance for MT tonight.

Yep, I thought the same.  Should really have been staking a claim to his spot of playing alongside Andi.  Looked really out of sorts tonight, not sure why.

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

thought he was bang average lumping high balls up to Mo Eisa and Taylor

Yes, I will give you that.  Those balls didn't come off, but in the second half they did.  The ball out to Hunt - who looks a threat going forward - in the second half was perfect.

4 hours ago, mightyreds89 said:

Think there is a footballer in there somewhere but I think a loan for a month or so out to a top league 1club might help. I’m sure he will come good but he’s not gonna kick us on this season. Pack, Smith and Brownhill all better options. 

You can’t loan a player to Lg1 for a month or so.....the loan rules changed over a year ago.

I thought Walsh had a decent first half but really got going in the second. A good range of passes, always made himself available and didn’t over try things (my main beef with him last year was that like Kent seemed to overly try the flicks and showboating). I thought he worked well with Korey and if anyone I’d fearing for their place it might be Pack, and I didn’t think I would be saying that.

Unfortunately for Walsh he had a very lack lustre Taylor in front of him, very disappointed with him last night who certainly didn’t do anything to cement his place. I would play Eisa who like Walsh always looked willing to receive a pass.

Infact I think that is how we are intending to play, quick, slick passing from players with ability but not top of the talent tree if you know what I mean. Players who will run until they drop for you getting the ball forward. We will get the ball forward 20 times before we score 1 goal type players. We certainly need more than Taylor on yesterday’s showing up front though, still 3 more games until Diedhiou. Shame we didn’t progress in the cup in that respect as it would have been one less league game he would have missed.

Thought the lad was terrible! Made a few good passes tbf. But lacking soooo much physicality and is not technically good enough to compensate for it. Also slowed the game down so much at times. Pack/Brownhill are about 10 times the player, can never see him getting to that level. Odd how people see different things. 

Archived