IGNORED

Johnson - No new striker incoming (Merged)

Kingswoodactor

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

As per title. Reported in Bristol Post 5 mins ago on Twitter. Full transcript from the after match interview on there. 

Apparenty “that’s us done now, maybe looking to bring in a CB with the injuries we have there” 

Wow :facepalm:

And thus by sounds of it no keeper 

8 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

As per title. Reported in Bristol Post 5 mins ago on Twitter. Full transcript from the after match interview on there. 

Apparenty “that’s us done now, maybe looking to bring in a CB with the injuries we have there” 

When it comes to transfers, never believe what LJ says.

7 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Hasn't been the same player since 2014, can't get near derby's side (was behind weimann last year) and hasn't really had much success on loan

Better than Weimann imo. Almost scored more goals in the champ in 16/17 than Weimann has in majority of his championship time 

19 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

BP seemingly described it as no replacement for Djuric, hoping it's sneaky in that we'll get someone in whose not a replacement for him i.e. Not a target man.

2 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Yeah an it’s conceivable we could be win free come Aug 31..... Boro home, QPR and Swansea away..... 

This is my worry atm is that we could easily lose the next three games and get into a rut and its hard to get out of the bottom when down there. Could be a toxic gate very quickly. Be prepared to see white sheets up around south bristol....

no target man, no goalkeeper?

i suspect steve lansdown has said thats it until january then.

we just decided we need a centre half after starting a game with 4 full backs.

selling your best performers never goes well.

we could be on 2pts at the end of august and after defeat tonight famara will miss another lge game.

its shit

3 hours ago, milo1111 said:

I hope he is lying. Painfully obvious tonight that Taylor is not a championship starter and that mo needs time. If anything happens to Andreas or Fam it’s going to be a long season.

I’m not a Taylor fan at all, but I think he looked a different player alongside Diedhiou in the cup last season.  It gives me a bit of hope that he may contribute this season.

Not making excuses, but maybe an Eisa / Taylor combo wasn’t right for either player.  I’m still on hols so wasn’t there.  Did they link up at all or play as two individuals?

I remember Tammy playing alongside Djúric a couple of times.  He looked lost, never linked at all, never understood where to run off of Milan, whereas playing up top on his own he looked so much better.

Although I am happy enough with our 4 strikers, I get why others think we are one short.  I think it’s pretty clear that it will be Diedhiou up top with Weimann alongside him predominantly.  If either get injured we revert to the likes of Pato behind.  I think we’ll only play a true two from the start when Diedhiou and Weimann are available.  It wouldn’t surprise me if Weimann plays the odd game wide right too.

It will not be easy to bring in a striker of any real pedigree and then say that they’re not first choice (Because of FD and AW).

Did I hear that right?

Not getting a loan striker in. 

You cannot be serious! 

LJs developed a team of ‘mini me’s’. Little height, power or physical presence. The consequences of that weren’t difficult to predict in a game that is rapidly evolving along the lines of Premiership Rugby ‘power play’. If our Club weren’t aware of the implications of packing the squad with lightweights then the first three games should be the necessary slap in the face.

Someone, seriously, needs to get a grip at our Club. 

34 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Did I hear that right?

You cannot be serious! 

LJs developed a team of ‘mini me’s’. Little height, power or physical presence. The consequences of that weren’t difficult to predict in a game that is rapidly evolving along the lines of Premiership Rugby ‘power play’. If our Club weren’t aware of the implications of packing the squad with lightweights then the first three games should be the necessary slap in the face.

Where did he say that? Got a link?

4 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

He is putting all his eggs in one basket it seems, i.e. "all will be fine when Fammy is back".

What if Fam gets injured again ?

L.J. hasn't learned from last season's problems, it would appear.

.. and if he thinks - as implied in the interview - that Taylor Moore is the solution to our centre-back crisis. Jesz.

Let’s just hope he’s ‘playing mind games’ and that the high priority list he had at the start of this transfer window of bringing in leaders, commanding Milan and Flint replacements, dominant keeper and a creative and physically strong central midfielder is based on Premiership players that we are going to loan with an option to buy in January. 

Surely this must be the case. In Johnson I trust. 

49 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Did I hear that right?

You cannot be serious! 

I'm not worried about replacing a striker we'll score goals,

I'm worried about the weak midfield and the soft goals we are conceding, these are the same goals that we've conceded since Johnson has been in charge,

His failure to strengthen the obvious weak part of the team (Midfield) will cost us this year, he's about to get another club record (longest spell on the road without a win)

The bloke simpley can't continue he needs to go

8 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Interviews on Twitter, one with Gregor McGregor the other is the Clubs post match one I think. No idea how to link. Sorry.

Found it! On Bristol Live.

More injury worries in the CB position.

He reckoned that Djuric “wasn’t the same” after the two operations last season and that he was keen to return to Italy to be near his family. No point keeping a player if he’s unhappy I guess.

Not surprised he’s not looking to replace Djuric with Fammy available soon. Not  having a big big man up top encourages the team to play proper football which I guess it what we’d all like to see.

Archived