IGNORED

Will Flint celebrate if he scores.

barneyrubble

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

When you look at the "Flint said no" incident, it showed that he has little emotional attachment to his previous teams, he would celebrate if he scores.

But that was after prolonged and intense abuse from Swindle fans.

I am guessing that he won't get abused by us, and won't celebrate (too much !) if he scores.

No he won’t celebrate I dont reckon. Wouldn’t blame him if he does though as long as it’s not massively over the top - a la Cunningham. It’s his job and he has a new club to perform with. Sometimes the non celebrations cut the deepest anyway! Here’s hoping this thread is just pure speculation anyway and that we never find out. 

I hope we give him a decent welcome (and then rapidly get on with trying to beat Boro), he served our club well, got us promoted and gave everything for the shirt in every game he played. I think if a few of the "numb-nuts" we have in our ranks give him abuse it will only increase the chances of him scoring.

I am sad he left, but understand the reasons.

56 minutes ago, super slick said:

I can’t see him celebrating when he scores.

He didn’t celebrate against Swindon when he scored against them in the first game he went back.  His attitude towards Swindon changed over the next couple of games.

Yes he did, and fair play to him. I would expect him to celebrate scoring, but I wouldn't expect him to go over the top and rile up the crowd or anything like that.

Well if we concede set plays or corners then there’s a fair chance he will.... Bolton/Forest/Plymouth have all scored due to our inability to deal with set plays & very concerned about Baker who continually gets done and frankly, gives impression he cannot be bothered!!

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

He will score and celebrate why shouldn't he ?

Absolutely , why shouldn’t be celebrate he no longer plays for us!

For me as long as he doesn’t run around the ground, no problem at all. I suspect a lot will depend on the reception he receives 

36 minutes ago, daored said:

For me as long as he doesn’t run around the ground, no problem at all. I suspect a lot will depend on the reception he receives 

Obviously will be a good one.

44 minutes ago, daored said:

Should definitely be positive, he gave a lot over his time here! 

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

When you look at the "Flint said no" incident, it showed that he has little emotional attachment to his previous teams, he would celebrate if he scores.

No, that's because he had a lot of abuse from swindle fans. Plus the highly contentious two games against them in the double winning season.

He's got respect & admiration from City fans so although it will be difficult for him and strange for everyone connected with City I expect him to be professional and give away a penalty and score an own goal.

2 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

But that was after prolonged and intense abuse from Swindle fans.

I am guessing that he won't get abused by us, and won't celebrate (too much !) if he scores.

Exactly, in fact they could be heard hurling abuse at him even as he was being interviewed on the pitch.

He'd also had extreme abuse on social media from Swindon fans, even some wishing him dead.

No love lost between Flint and Swindon, completely different scenario with City with huge mutual respect between Flint and City fans.

16 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Exactly, in fact they could be heard hurling abuse at him even as he was being interviewed on the pitch.

He'd also had extreme abuse on social media from Swindon fans, even some wishing him dead.

No love lost between Flint and Swindon, completely different scenario with City with huge mutual respect between Flint and the majority of City fans.

Slight amendment Nogs

Archived