IGNORED

Will Flint celebrate if he scores.

barneyrubble

He should celebrate if he scores.

Willing to bet he won't smile tomorrow though, whether he scores or not, whether he wins or not, whether he's having a photo taken with a kid or not!

Used to regularly bet on Flint to score. Given our inability to deal with crosses, may need a cheeky bet on him to score tomorrow too.

On 15/08/2018 at 07:28, WarksRobin said:

He will. If nothing else to impress his new team and fans. Don’t take it personally. 

How do you know he will? You don’t. My instinct is that he won’t but I can’t say for certain.

Never understood why people like to state something they couldn’t possibly know for sure as if it were a fact. Irritates me.

On 15/08/2018 at 16:10, Boro5707 said:

It’s not just flint you need to worry about from corners or shottons long throws. We are now playing 3 at the back with wing backs. Potentially the back 5 will be friend, shotton, fry, Ayala and flint. With George friend being the smallest at 6ft 2.  Shotton 6ft 3, Ayala and fry 6ft 4 and flint 6ft 5. Mcnair at 6ft 2 may play in midfield. You will be glad to know gestede is our injured for land of the giants 11.

You'd never guess you were managed by Pulis.

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 07:27, Barney red said:

Will be interesting WHEN it happens,  it's the best indicator of a players true feelings for an ex team.

Personally don't think he will.

Corrected for you. nailed on to score for Boro I'd say. 

Top bloke for us anyway, hope he gets really good reception.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

How do you know he will? You don’t. My instinct is that he won’t but I can’t say for certain.

Never understood why people like to state something they couldn’t possibly know for sure as if it were a fact. Irritates me.

If I’m wrong feel free to point it out. IMO you’re naive to think he won’t celebrate. It will probably be muted but all footballers love scoring a goal no matter the opposition.

9 hours ago, WarksRobin said:

If I’m wrong feel free to point it out. IMO you’re naive to think he won’t celebrate. It will probably be muted but all footballers love scoring a goal no matter the opposition.

Naive? Odd accusation. Players not celebrating against cherished former clubs happens all the time. Nothing naive about suggesting this might be another example.

11 hours ago, FramptonRed said:

No i dont think for one minute he’d rub our noses in it,im sure he loved it here and living in a great vibrant city like Bristol.

He only left for more money and at this stage of his career you cant bame him,he certainly did’nt leave for better quality of life up there,Middlesbrough is a grim town in the middle of nowhere.

Oh no, another “place x is a shithole” comment.  If / when he moves out of his hotel, he’ll live in a nice house in a nice part of the area.

Some people are setting themselves up for a major disappointment if god forbid he doesn't acknowledge that they cheer his name or if he celebrates a goal with his new team mates.

I expect after he scores he will run to the sidelines and grab a wallet from the physio and throwing piles of money up in the air laughing like a maniac, whilst giving the South stand manual manipulator signs.

On 15/08/2018 at 10:15, Swede said:

No, that's because he had a lot of abuse from swindle fans. Plus the highly contentious two games against them in the double winning season.

He's got respect & admiration from City fans so although it will be difficult for him and strange for everyone connected with City I expect him to be professional and give away a penalty and score an own goal.

A return to the Flint in his first season with us?

I hope he does if he scores. Hate this no celebrating malarkey. Fair enough for players who have played almost all their careers for one team and then they score against them or for local lads who played for a considerable amount of time then score against them but it just happens too much.

Archived