IGNORED

McCoulsky goal last night

headhunter

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11472852/southend-2-4-brentford 

Cracking effort in 72nd minute [about 2.15 in clip]

Shame we don't have a recall option.

I'd sooner have a raw McCoulsky charging around up front on, probably, £3k per week rather than a past their sell by date type like Chris Martin on £15k !!!!

In my opinion, based on last night's showing, it has to be taxi for Matt Taylor - nice lad but never going to cut it with us.

Pressure on Johnson mounting but, sadly, he's bullet proof!

23 minutes ago, headhunter said:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11472852/southend-2-4-brentford 

I'd sooner have a raw McCoulsky charging around up front on, probably, £3k per week rather than a past their sell by date type like Chris Martin on £15k !!!!

In my opinion, based on last night's showing, it has to be taxi for Matt Taylor - nice lad but never going to cut it with us.

Growing urban myth. Mr Lansdown has never ever been trigger happy but works to his agenda not the ones on OTIB. The idea that Lee has a job for life is as ridiculous as it gets.

In respect of Shaun- Southend is the best place for him. He's in L1 and scoring goals again. One to watch with excitement but as Bob says - no where near ready.

23 minutes ago, headhunter said:

When Taylor signed for us, he signed on £16k a week.

:source: I'll hear you all say.

My brother worked for Bristol Rovers at the time and the summer after Taylor signed for us, he went back to the Memorial to see some of the staff. My Brother and Marcus Stewart asked him how it was going and Taylor said that was what his new salary equated to. I have no reason to believe he'd lie about it. Makes you wonder why we'd throw so much money away, but hey ho.

20 hours ago, The Batman said:

When Taylor signed for us, he signed on £16k a week.

:source: I'll hear you all say.

My brother worked for Bristol Rovers at the time and the summer after Taylor signed for us, he went back to the Memorial to see some of the staff. My Brother and Marcus Stewart asked him how it was going and Taylor said that was what his new salary equated to. I have no reason to believe he'd lie about it. Makes you wonder why we'd throw so much money away, but hey ho.

Because he only cost £300k(ish)....and had to make  it attractive for him.  That £16k figure could be total, e.g. appearances, win bonus (not many of those lately) etc.

Archived