IGNORED

Personally don't care about the moose cup.

barneyrubble

I'm so glad we're out of this competition, it ruined our league form and would of been a major contribution towards our injuries. There are more than enough league games to cope with.

Yes it was great to beat Man u and give city a run for their money but these cup runs only happen periodically. League football is the benchmark of progress you are making.

If we were that bothered about the cup surely we would of started our first choice 11.

At least now we can give players adequate rest and focus on our next league opponents. 

I'm sure although they wouldn't of enjoyed losing the management would not of been too dissapointed.

After Saturday we will have a far clearer view of where we are this year.

With that selection it must be verging on a fine for not fielding a competitive team.  That's not a criticism of individual players; rather of the composition of the team.

It was clearly deliberate because our squad is weaker than last year so we don't want two cup runs on top of the league as that may see us relegated.

So

We are now such a good side

That don’t want one of the three competitions we enter to interfere with ........... what ?

Because it certainly isn’t a promotion push

We should at the very least be able to consolidate in this league and giving Cups a proper go

We had half a side composed of million pound plus players We have signed starting last night and another in Desilva who’d probably command such a fee at least

I won’t lose sleep,over one exit but this attitude of we aren’t bothered with this cup stinks

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

So

That don’t want one of the three competitions we enter to interfere with ........... what ?

We should at the very least be able to consolidate in this league and giving Cups a proper go

We had half a side composed of million pound plus players starting last night

I won’t lose sleep,over one exit but this attitude of we aren’t bothered with this cup stinks

Totally agree. It's a piss poor argument.

So

We had half a side composed of million pound plus players starting last night

Avoiding relegation having sold our three best players (and no quibble with that - good bit of business for players who wanted to leave) and not replacing them.

You don't get to knock Man Utd out in the 93rd min of the quarter finals if you don't get past round 1?

Totally understand the team selection, it's pretty much what we did last year and whilst it wasn't a poor performance overall, the final score should of been closer to last seasons encounter. Disapointing result which leaves us with no win in 6 competitive games now.

13 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Avoiding relegation having sold our three best players (and no quibble with that - good bit of business for players who wanted to leave) and not replacing them.

So after 50 odd players and millions upon millions spent and 5? Transfer windows our sole aim and ambition for the season is to avoid relegation from Championship ?

Is that the sypnoisis ?

You are probably right

Doesnt that say a lot

5 minutes ago, Gazred said:

You don't get to knock Man Utd out in the 93rd min of the quarter finals if you don't get past round 1?

Totally understand the team selection, it's pretty much what we did last year and whilst it wasn't a poor performance overall, the final score should of been closer to last seasons encounter. Disapointing result which leaves us with no win in 6 competitive games now.

It’s pretty much a new team/squad and LJ took last nights game to take a look at some of the fringe players. A team in development in other words. I got no problem with that.

Sure the fantastic cup run last season was special with wins over PL clubs but ultimately it cost us in terms of league performances and unless City go on a FA cup run we won’t have that to cope with this season. That can only be good for the Championship matches.

Like others, I’m always disappointed when City lose but looking at the wider picture it’s not that big a deal.

So after 50 odd players and millions upon millions spent and 5? Transfer windows our sole aim and ambition for the season is to avoid relegation from Championship ?

Is that the sypnoisis ?

You are probably right

Doesnt that say a lot

I'm not a doom monger but accept that with the aim being sustainability then we have to take opportunities as they arise, in this case selling players at top dollar before they left on a free, meaning that some seasons will be better than others.  The aim remains long term improvement but not every season will be a promotion push as you have to keep splurging the cash to do that and it's not sustainable.

I hope that this will be a holidng season at mid-table but with our best players gone there is a risk of relegation and to reduce that risk - particualrly with current injuries and suspension - you can improve your chances of staying up by playing less cup games.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s pretty much a new team/squad and LJ took last nights game to take a look at some of the fringe players. A team in development in other words. I got no problem with that.

Sure the fantastic cup run last season was special with wins over PL clubs but ultimately it cost us in terms of league performances and unless City go on a FA cup run we won’t have that to cope with this season. That can only be good for the Championship matches.

Like others, I’m always disappointed when City lose but looking at the wider picture it’s not that big a deal.

I don't think we had the strength in depth to work so hard in those cup games then do the same again on a Saturday, such is the high physical demand of the Championship. Not having that problem this season can only help but you can never underestimate the positive impact of a good cup run. Pre xmas we were flying in both league and cup and there was a real buzz around the club.

Still, we usual go out in the first couple of rounds to lower opposition so nothing new there.

I belive the cliche is "we can focus on the league now". 3pts Saturday is far more important.

Archived