IGNORED

Pisano

Super

Well the guy promised a lot when he arrived here but he is running Nicky Hunt close. As we have Wright who can cover at RB is it time to get rid and file him in the "didn't work out folder"? I didn't see the game last night but I don't think I have seen him have a good game for us. Am I being harsh?

15 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

He's not good enough for the Championship, I'm afraid, where pace is mandatory for a successful fb.  He has no pace and his positional sense isn't good enough to compensate. Certainly, on last night's showing, he's no cb either unless wrestling becomes an accepted part of the sport. 

I get the impression that the Italien game isn't blessed with pace. So to sign someone not used to it the wrong side of 30.....

Worse than Mags for sure and has been poor since injuries as said above.

I do think last night was a tough assignment tho! Played out of position against Ladapo who is built like a tank. Pisano (live everyone until Webster came on) was simply not physically strong enough to deal with him. It was a game where we needed big centre halves. I assume Jens is injured (same with Wright) but it would have been much easier for them in that game. 

33 minutes ago, swanker said:

I get the same problem when say I can’t see anything in Odowda!

At least COD had a spell between Hull away and his injury, where he seemed to click in to some decent form and look far more effective. Even after he came back from injury, although he has been off the boil again so far this season. 

Pisano is just Shite..! 

2 hours ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Thought he was decent up until was it Sunderland or Fulham away in late October of last season,

when he sustained a nasty hamstring injury. Hasn't been the same since.

My view too....Fulham was where he snapped his hamstring off the bone.

Give the guy some credit for getting back to fitness....a career ending injury....he’s worked very hard to come back.

He was so pleased to get back on the pitch last night.  Some players would just be taking the money.

OTIB is a tough crowd!!

What was the first game back after injury where Pisano ran his legs off down the right hand side and had to be subbed at 60-something?

He was good start of the season, especially against Barnsley where there wasn't really a bad player on the pitch, and played encouragingly solid against Brentford when we battled an absolute storm to get a point, then had the first injury to his knee.

He came back getting back slowly to full fitness after a couple of matches for the U23's, and had a very good game against Sunderland, but then suffered the injury 8 minutes into the Fulham game. It's my belief that LJ pushed him back into action too soon after a pretty bad knee injury, not fully match fit, and it cost Eros pretty dearly. He shouldn't of started against Fulham - where only 3 days previously he was only safe to play 50 minutes of first team action. He should've been rested.

Unfortunately for Eros, whether due to circumstance, or due to how serious the injury turned out, I don't think he can physically cope at this level anymore. And for his sake I hope thinks hard about moving back to Italy in Jan for the sake of his career. It's a shame, because before the knee injury I was impressed with his determination and cynical streak (read: Italian defending), the downside is that when not fully fit and struggling to keep up with play, those types of fouls then started hindering us by being much closer to our goalmouth.

The biggest (worst) thing, is that a fully fit Eros would help us out loads with dealing with crosses/corners which is our major weakness at the moment. Despite only being 6ft-ish, he seemingly won the ball comfortably in the air multiple times, such was his aerial strength he highlighted in the pre season friendly against Twente, albeit only in preseason, and against Barnsley where he had a header from a corner that went narrowly wide. He bagged 5 goals in Verona's relegation season from Serie A somehow. 1 of every 7 goals they scored that season.

19 minutes ago, Fuber said:

What was the first game back after injury where Pisano ran his legs off down the right hand side and had to be subbed at 60-something?

He was good start of the season, especially against Barnsley where there wasn't really a bad player on the pitch, and played encouragingly solid against Brentford when we battled an absolute storm to get a point, then had the first injury to his knee.

He came back getting back slowly to full fitness after a couple of matches for the U23's, and had a very good game against Sunderland, but then suffered the injury 8 minutes into the Fulham game. It's my belief that LJ pushed him back into action too soon after a pretty bad knee injury, not fully match fit, and it cost Eros pretty dearly. He shouldn't of started against Fulham - where only 3 days previously he was only safe to play 50 minutes of first team action. He should've been rested.

Unfortunately for Eros, whether due to circumstance, or due to how serious the injury turned out, I don't think he can physically cope at this level anymore. And for his sake I hope thinks hard about moving back to Italy in Jan for the sake of his career. It's a shame, because before the knee injury I was impressed with his determination and cynical streak (read: Italian defending), the downside is that when not fully fit and struggling to keep up with play, those types of fouls then started hindering us by being much closer to our goalmouth.

The biggest (worst) thing, is that a fully fit Eros would help us out loads with dealing with crosses/corners which is our major weakness at the moment. Despite only being 6ft-ish, he seemingly won the ball comfortably in the air multiple times, such was his aerial strength he highlighted in the pre season friendly against Twente, albeit only in preseason, and against Barnsley where he had a header from a corner that went narrowly wide. He bagged 5 goals in Verona's relegation season from Serie A somehow. 1 of every 7 goals they scored that season.

You He was caught out of position time and time again against Barnsley fortunately they were so shitte they couldn t take advantage. He is a liability defensively and always has been.

2 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

What do you expect, he's just another quick, easy signing made by the club. 

More over-complicating. Don't know about you, but I would of taken i.e. Kane from Chelsea on loan again. That would of been the easy option having played for us before.

6 hours ago, Fuber said:

Great summary, echoes my view of him.

10 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Why did we sign him then if he’s not what we need or not suited to the championship? I mean there would have been extensive scouting, right?

These expensive mistakes keep adding up.

I think he was scouted quite heavily, LJ mentioned he’d been over to Italy several times.  If that was a “fib”, then it really was a strange signing.

I could see the guy can defend from those early games, even though he was struggling with the pace.  The injury happened at a bad time and then rushed back early in the season.  Even rushed back from a serious injury later in the season because of Wright’s injury.  I think we are too gung-ho with letting young loans go out like Vyner.  Vyner may have got 10-12 games last year, which I think would’ve been better than 30-odd at Lg1/2 level.

I don’t think Pisano falls into the expensive bracket like Djúric and Engvall, he arrived on a free.  Would've thoughtless was a mid-range earner.  

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think he was scouted quite heavily, LJ mentioned he’d been over to Italy several times.  If that was a “fib”, then it really was a strange signing.

I could see the guy can defend from those early games, even though he was struggling with the pace.  The injury happened at a bad time and then rushed back early in the season.  Even rushed back from a serious injury later in the season because of Wright’s injury.  I think we are too gung-ho with letting young loans go out like Vyner.  Vyner may have got 10-12 games last year, which I think would’ve been better than 30-odd at Lg1/2 level.

I don’t think Pisano falls into the expensive bracket like Djúric and Engvall, he arrived on a free.  Would've thoughtless was a mid-range earner.  

I was also surprised that we let Vyner go out on loan so soon, I anticipated this being his breakthrough season for us.

I know Pisano was a free but there’s still wages. It’s definitely another mistake though.

8 minutes ago, David Brent said:

I was also surprised that we let Vyner go out on loan so soon, I anticipated this being his breakthrough season for us.

For me, breakthrough as per Kelly last season, getting games but not a regular starter, involved in a lot of squads.

I know Pisano was a free but there’s still wages. It’s definitely another mistake though.

For me, only a mistake in hindsight, and only because he got a very serious injury.  I saw plenty in that early series of games that thought he could go on and be a very good signing once he got fully up to speed.  I think this was an unlucky signing....but all about opinions.

Archived