IGNORED

Pisano

Super

1 minute ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

It is that same as with Kelly. They are NOT centre Backs. I fell Pisano dies a job at RB but needs a run of games. As does Kelly. But LJ stop playing them at CB which that are not. Well that's my point. 

Kelly is 6’3” and sees himself as a CB.

5 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

It is that same as with Kelly. They are NOT centre Backs. I fell Pisano dies a job at RB but needs a run of games. As does Kelly. But LJ stop playing them at CB which that are not. Well that's my point. 

I believe that’s Pisanos first game as CB. You say it as if he’s never played RB for us 

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Kelly is 6’3” and sees himself as a CB.

Indeed, as does LJ....just he has not grown physically enough to play there yet. 

Out of interest, how physical was he on Tuesday (I’m on hols). I’ve read mixed reports and this includes LJ too. Also read that the Plymouth striker was difficult to brush off the ball, hinting Kelly wasn’t strong enough to impose his physicality on him.

Be interested in your views?

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Indeed, as does LJ....just he has not grown physically enough to play there yet. 

Out of interest, how physical was he on Tuesday (I’m on hols). I’ve read mixed reports and this includes LJ too. Also read that the Plymouth striker was difficult to brush off the ball, hinting Kelly wasn’t strong enough to impose his physicality on him.

Be interested in your views?

I wasn’t  at the game so am not qualified to comment.

I’ve never been that impressed with him, seems to play how and where he likes which puts other players under pressure. He’s tackling is also a bit rouge, tends to grab at players and haul them to the ground and therefore is often looking for a booking. 

I heard one of our players was going to Italy a few weeks ago, it turned out to be Djuric of course but I honesty was expecting Pissano as it would have been the last of the Summer clearouts. There must be better out there. 

Kelly seen as a CB. Really surprised.  My take on Tuesday was he struggled a bit at CB but when he moved across he looked so much more comfortable and TBH far more at home as LB. Yet the powers that be still see him as a CB. They obviously see him day in and out, and perhaps think he will grow into the role.

He is a championship ready LB for sure, he is no where near a championship CB at the moment. 

I really hope Baker is fit for weekend, Pisano not a CB either. He has had a bad press here really considering most were pleased with him when he arrived, just dead unlucky re a bad injury.

21 hours ago, Super said:

Well the guy promised a lot when he arrived here but he is running Nicky Hunt close. As we have Wright who can cover at RB is it time to get rid and file him in the "didn't work out folder"? I didn't see the game last night but I don't think I have seen him have a good game for us. Am I being harsh?

File under the "standard Johnson signing" file, it's getting a busy in there now mind. 

8 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Kelly seen as a CB. Really surprised.  My take on Tuesday was he struggled a bit at CB but when he moved across he looked so much more comfortable and TBH far more at home as LB. Yet the powers that be still see him as a CB. They obviously see him day in and out, and perhaps think he will grow into the role.

He is a championship ready LB for sure, he is no where near a championship CB at the moment. 

I really hope Baker is fit for weekend, Pisano not a CB either. He has had a bad press here really considering most were pleased with him when he arrived, just dead unlucky re a bad injury.

‘The powers that be’ say he’s a LB, hence whys he’s played LB in all but 3 games for us. They have constantly said he’s going to be a CB but not yet. He’ll soon bulk up and we could have a very good CB partnership of Vyner and Kelly, or Back 3 of Webster, Vyner and Kelly. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Anyone who was there?

I thought he was excellent at CB Fevs. I don’t agree often with LJ but do with his comments on Lloyd’s Tuesdays performance. Lloyd is a rolls Royce of a player and was more aggressive aerially than I’ve seen him and has great pace.

Personally see him as less of a liability than Baker at CB who worries the life out of me and low and behold has another injury

7 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

I thought he was excellent at CB Fevs. I don’t agree often with LJ but do with his comments on Lloyd’s Tuesdays performance. Lloyd is a rolls Royce of a player and was more aggressive aerially than I’ve seen him and has great pace.

Personally see him as less of a liability than Baker at CB who worries the life out of me and low and behold has another injury

Trust your opinion Shuffs. Ta. 

Well that’s very encouraging.

Some scenarios:

1) Baker needs to get his head on, whether that’s complacency or carrying knocks. 

2) LJ needs to judge Baker’s disposition better

it would be good to know whether Baker is saying he’s fine when he isn’t or whether LJ is asking him to play through the pain. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Anyone who was there?

I was there.

Playing at cb I thought that Kelly looked calm, composed and unflappable. Against physical, hustling forwards he more than held his own, his one noticeable weakness being in the air where he competed well but failed to dominate. He passed well out of defence and seemed to interact well with DaSilva. When the latter was substituted, Webster came on to play as the left-sided cb, where he moved like a Rolls Royce - smoothly, elegantly, comfortably and completely in control (he never gave his opponent a touch of the ball) - and Kelly moved to lb.

Kelly slotted in well at lb and looked good although his attacking aspect of this role needs to improve; he got into the right positions but his final delivery was not great (which is the aspect of Bryan's game I feel we'll miss most). As the attacking became more frantic in the closing moments, Kelly appeared at the back post in a great position to stoop and head towards goal instead of which the ball appeared rather to hit his head and dribble out harmlessly for a goal kick.

Kelly is going to be a really fine defender (and attract for the club, in the future, a very large transfer fee); his build says that one day he'll be an accomplished cb and undoubtedly he could perform in that role for us now in an emergency but he needs to continue to improve his upper body strength before that becomes his primary position.

We all need to be patient with Kelly and accept that from time to time he'll make costly mistakes as he learns the game. As supporters we must refrain from getting on his back. In my opinion he has the capability to one day perform at the very top of the game. One day.

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I was there.

Playing at cb I thought that Kelly looked calm, composed and unflappable. Against physical, hustling forwards he more than held his own, his one noticeable weakness being in the air where he competed well but failed to dominate. He passed well out of defence and seemed to interact well with DaSilva. When the latter was substituted, Webster came on to play as the left-sided cb, where he moved like a Rolls Royce - smoothly, elegantly, comfortably and completely in control (he never gave his opponent a touch of the ball) - and Kelly moved to lb.

Kelly slotted in well at lb and looked good although his attacking aspect of this role needs to improve; he got into the right positions but his final delivery was not great (which is the aspect of Bryan's game I feel we'll miss most). As the attacking became more frantic in the closing moments, Kelly appeared at the back post in a great position to stoop and head towards goal instead of which the ball appeared rather to hit his head and dribble out harmlessly for a goal kick.

Kelly is going to be a really fine defender (and attract for the club, in the future, a very large transfer fee); his build says that one day he'll be an accomplished cb and undoubtedly he could perform in that role for us now in an emergency but he needs to continue to improve his upper body strength before that becomes his primary position.

We all need to be patient with Kelly and accept that from time to time he'll make costly mistakes as he learns the game. As supporters we must refrain from getting on his back. In my opinion he has the capability to one day perform at the very top of the game. One day.

Great summary Rudolph, ta.  

Archived