IGNORED

Korey Smith

Londoner

Injured? Unfit? Or just not selected?

Could we be starting to see the phasing out of one of our most important players in recent for years?

If it is just selection I think LJ has got it spot on because Brownhill is a class act, the future, and offers more going forward.

1 minute ago, Londoner said:

Injured? Unfit? Or just not selected?

Could we be starting to see the phasing out of one of our most important players in recent for years?

If it is just selection I think LJ has got it spot on because Brownhill is a class act, the future, and offers more going forward.

he started last night

6 minutes ago, Londoner said:

With the rest of the reserves 

hunt, Kelly, Watkins and O'dowda aren't reserves nether are dasilva Taylor and Eisa pisano, they are first team players in the first team squad, the only "reserve players" actually playing was walsh and o'leary,

but if you bothered to actually watch city instead of trolling the forum you'd know this 

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

hunt, Kelly, Watkins and O'dowda aren't reserves nether are dasilva Taylor and Eisa pisano, they are first team players in the first team squad, the only "reserve players" actually playing was walsh and o'leary,

but if you bothered to actually watch city instead of trolling the forum you'd know this 

Says a lot about the depth of our squad when we have Taylor and Pisano as first team players.

Very concerning.

We clearly dont have a great option with Fam so why not play Smith Pack AND Brownhill in the middle with O’Dowda and maybe Paterson either side. Solid and creative.

Smith has to play.

If we ever have 100% fit players:

Fielding

Hunt Webster Baker Kelly

Brownhill Pack Smith

Paterson Diedhiou Odowda

Korey did himself no favours last night and grabbing the ball that conceded  the free kick for their goal was just petulant.  Is he out of contract in the summer as  maybe that's a factor although it didn't stop Bryan starting. At this stage without Fammy, I'd play Brownhill in behind Weimann  and Pack/Smith and COD (although shocking last night)/ Elliason as can't wait another 5 games for Paterson to have his good game. Gives us legs and energy around the park.

1 minute ago, Shuffle said:

Korey did himself no favours last night and grabbing the ball that conceded  the free kick for their goal was just petulant.  Is he out of contract in the summer as  maybe that's a factor although it didn't stop Bryan starting. At this stage without Fammy, I'd play Brownhill in behind Weimann  and Pack/Smith and COD (although shocking last night)/ Elliason as can't wait another 5 games for Paterson to have his good game. Gives us legs and energy around the park.

Although Korey looked a class above the rest with his forward movement and passing last night, he did deliver several crashing defensive errors, the biggest of which was not giving a simple passback to the keeper when he was under pressure, but instead hanging onto the ball and seemingly trying to win a free kick. Instead he conceded one, which led directly to the goal. Plymouth hardly threatened, but would always have a chance from set pieces and we handed that one to them.

BTW, could anyone sitting in the Lansdown tell me what the foul was?  He was too far away and the view was obstructed for me.

22 minutes ago, jtc1 said:

We clearly dont have a great option with Fam so why not play Smith Pack AND Brownhill in the middle with O’Dowda and maybe Paterson either side. Solid and creative.

Smith has to play.

Fielding

Hunt Webster Baker Kelly

Brownhill Pack Smith

Paterson Diedhiou Odowda

Wouldn't drop weimann, been excellent so far 

49 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

BTW, could anyone sitting in the Lansdown tell me what the foul was?  He was too far away and the view was obstructed for me.

He was in possession of the ball, lost out in the tussle and fell to the ground.  As he landed he grabbed hold of the ball making out he had been fouled.  Stupid free kick to have given away, more so as it led to their goal.  A gift for them.

24 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

He was in possession of the ball, lost out in the tussle and fell to the ground.  As he landed he grabbed hold of the ball making out he had been fouled.  Stupid free kick to have given away, more so as it led to their goal.  A gift for them.

How bloody ridiculous.

All easily avoided by a timely pass back to O'Leary.

I like Korey, but he cost us there.

1 hour ago, jtc1 said:

Smith has to play.

Fielding

Hunt Webster Baker Kelly

Brownhill Pack Smith

Paterson Diedhiou Odowda

Very harsh on Weimann and Eliasson I think they’ve both started the season brilliantly 

It's difficult, you can make justifications for all three of Smith, Pack and Brownhill starting, need to weigh up each's qualities and how they work with each other for your best pairing. Whether this means leaving out a better individual whoever it may be could happen. 

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

He cost us a free kick.  He didn't cost us a goal.  That was down to shocking defending of a set piece.

Bit chicken-and-egg, Bard.

Without the entirely unnecesary foul given away, our shocking defending would not have been a problem.

21 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Bit chicken-and-egg, Bard.

Without the entirely unnecesary foul given away, our shocking defending would not have been a problem.

How many unnecessary fouls are there per game?    How many actually cost a goal?  Not many.  If you can't defend a simple cross the opposition only need one cross like last night.   

We need Bailey Wright fit..

14 minutes ago, The Bard said:

How many unnecessary fouls are there per game?    How many actually cost a goal?  Not many.  If you can't defend a simple cross the opposition only need one cross like last night.   

We need Bailey Wright fit..

It was more the location and total uneccessary aspect of the foul that was annoying in this case.

Goals are rarely "just2 the fault of defenders/keepers. The person who gave the ball away further up the pitch has also to accept responsibility.

Archived