IGNORED

Wanted 6ft 8in Centre Back to Play One Game.

Port Said Red

Baker and Wright both out, (OK Baker is doubtful, but we have all seen what he is like If he decides he isn't fit) 

As it stands, we will have our top academy product up against possibly the most formidable set piece players in England, unless we can bring someone suitable on loan.

Love Kelly, but I hope he doesnt get damaged by the experience.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest I always see a bit of Rennie in Pack. Could he play at CB if desperate?

I think he could but maybe Boro not the one to experiment ?

I’ve suggested this a couple of times Dave

Possibly ‘wasted’ there but I think he would make a quality footballing ‘second’ centre half

Id certainly play him there if the options left to partner Webster were Kelly or Pisano

19 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

This is the game Webster has to step up and handle flint at set pieces, the games not happened yet so let's get behind our new signing !

Sometimes having pressure put on you brings out the best. LJ May well be saying “Adam - Flint is yours on every set play - if you do your job we are a good part of the way to winning the game”

1 hour ago, Bicester Red said:

Once again lj can not see what everybody else does

Need striker NOW for a month

And everybody knew we needed a cb before the season started

Open your eyes lj

We lost one centre back, we recruited another.  What's the issue?

As to a striker, Djuric was a bit-part player last year.  Other than that, we've lost Reid and gained Weimann and Eisa.

When you say 'everybody', don't include me in that.

48 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’ve suggested this a couple of times Dave

Possibly ‘wasted’ there but I think he would make a quality footballing ‘second’ centre half

Id certainly play him there if the options left to partner Webster were Kelly or Pisano

Yeah I like the idea of this, he's good in the air and could definitely play the ball from the back. Perhaps part of a back 3/5 - as a libero (Football Manager PC game term!).

Would be interesting if our options are limited.. perhaps you could do Hunt - Webster, Pack, Kelly - Dasilva. Depending on how the game is going, Pack could come forward into midfield.

Maenappa

Hunt - Webster, Pack, Kelly - Dasilva

Smith, Brownhill, Walsh

Paterson

Weimann

I wouldn't be against us trying that against Boro, we're going to need to be on our game and being quite defensive aiming to keep a clean sheet might be sensible. If we want to go for it we'd have O'Dowda, Eliasson, Watkins on the bench. Might be tempted to play Watkins instead of Paterson actually as he'd be better at holding the ball up and allowing Weimann to run off him.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest I always see a bit of Rennie in Pack. Could he play at CB if desperate?

I think Dave Rennie was usually a centre back when we signed him, and we converted him into central midfield.  When he left us, he went back to centre back elsewhere.

Whatever happened to Tin Plavotic?  Has he gone?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I can vaguely remember Pack dropping back and playing centre half after a injury/sending off a couple of years ago.

Did very well too if I remember correctly?

if we don't sign a centre back before the Boro game then flint and co will have a field day on sat. Webster  by the sounds of it the only fit centre back. Kelly a great prospect but not ready to play there just yet. with all the  injuries  at this early stage is a major concern. let's hope lee gets it sorted but his record with loan players I don't hold out much hope. 

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

We lost one centre back, we recruited another.  What's the issue?

As to a striker, Djuric was a bit-part player last year.  Other than that, we've lost Reid and gained Weimann and Eisa.

When you say 'everybody', don't include me in that.

A very pragmatic way of looking at things.

Archived