IGNORED

Deidhou

Hello Dave

Is anyone else a bit worried that we seem to be pinning our hopes on Deidhou coming back and firing on all cylinders straight away? I’ve seen loads of posts saying we will be ok when he gets back, but what are the guarantees? I know he banged a few in last season, but there’s no guarantee he will do it again. I here people saying we are missing someone to hold it up, but, his touch in a lot of games last year was shocking! I’m not saying he’s a bad player, I just find it a bit dangerous that we are relying on him as our saviour.

10 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

Is anyone else a bit worried that we seem to be pinning our hopes on Deidhou coming back and firing on all cylinders straight away? I’ve seen loads of posts saying we will be ok when he gets back, but what are the guarantees? I know he banged a few in last season, but there’s no guarantee he will do it again. I here people saying we are missing someone to hold it up, but, his touch in a lot of games last year was shocking! I’m not saying he’s a bad player, I just find it a bit dangerous that we are relying on him as our saviour.

Yes problem is the manager.

Will probably take him a few games to get back up to speed so people who are expecting him to pick up where he left off last season are very optimistic. Also will need more time to get to know how Weimann plays assuming he is partnered with him. Don't reckon he will be truly back to his last season form until October

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

goals from the rest of the team should be and needs to be addressed as does the lack of a battler in the midfield

A battler in midfield is why I’m surprised that Smith hasn’t started the first two league matches. I can only assume that he’s not been fully match fit but good for 20 mins or so. I can’t see why he’d be left out otherwise.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

A battler in midfield is why I’m surprised that Smith hasn’t started the first two league matches. I can only assume that he’s not been fully match fit but good for 20 mins or so. I can’t see why he’d be left out otherwise.

Or LJ prefers Pack and Brownhill?  They’ve been better pre-season?  Wants a bit more attacking flair from his central two?  Etc.

I rate Smith, but having gone out in the summer and increased our wide options, presumably to allow Josh to play CM rather than RM, 3 into 2 don’t go....and Smith is the odd man out early in the season.

Its a tough call.

Of course Smith might not be fully fit, but there are option assurance options too.

Its pretty feasible that the side that started v Bolton (Only different to Forest because if Bryan’s transfer) is quite different from the side he ends up trusting.  All the pre-season planning doesn’t quite prepare you for the league proper...bonkers really....but true.  

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Or LJ prefers Pack and Brownhill?  They’ve been better pre-season?  Wants a bit more attacking flair from his central two?  Etc.

I rate Smith, but having gone out in the summer and increased our wide options, presumably to allow Josh to play CM rather than RM, 3 into 2 don’t go....and Smith is the odd man out early in the season.

Its a tough call.

Of course Smith might not be fully fit, but there are option assurance options too.

Its pretty feasible that the side that started v Bolton (Only different to Forest because if Bryan’s transfer) is quite different from the side he ends up trusting.  All the pre-season planning doesn’t quite prepare you for the league proper...bonkers really....but true.  

It did occur to me that it could be tactical but LJ rates Korey Smith and if he prefers Brownhill over him then I’m surprised.

Last season when Smith took a knock and had to be replaced LJ said post match that losing Smith was the last thing he needed but fortunately it’s wasnt as bad as first feared and Smith started the next match.

For me if it comes down between Brownhill and Smith then it’d be Smith every time but then I’m not the head coach...

2 hours ago, Hello Dave said:

Which is why we need to get a loan sorted......I don't believe for a moment it's not being worked on..

Archived