IGNORED

Steve Lansdown

Miah Dennehy

I see he has been rated as the 33rd must influential person in world rugby by Rugby World. Do any of you worry that you may have become a secondary interest to him? Genuine question and not on a wind up, FWIW I think he has enough cash to fund you both so IF rugby is his primary interest it shouldn't worry you too much.

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I see he has been rated as the 33rd must influential person in world rugby by Rugby World. Do any of you worry that you may have become a secondary interest to him? Genuine question and not on a wind up, FWIW I think he has enough cash to fund you both so IF rugby is his primary interest it shouldn't worry you too much.

I trust Bristol Rugby will not once again go down like a total joke

His number one commitment/interest is Bristol City FC of that I have no doubt what so ever. As you correctly point he is also quite capable of establishing Bristol in the top handful of clubs in British rugby, which in my opinion is where they belong. I am so relieved that we have SL and not some cowboy like Wael.

14 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Even if we did become second interest to SL his son JL would presumably inherit his estate. Hes a big football fan as far as im aware he doesn't show much interest in the egg ball?

I see Wael has been rated as the 33rd must influential person at Bristol Rovers by his brother, Hani. Do any of you blue few worry that you may have become of absolutely no interest to those members of the Al Qadi family who run their banking business and control your purse strings (i.e. not Wael)? Genuine question and not on a wind up (well that's not entirely true). FWIW I think you lot should be extremely worried because the end is nigh.

28 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

No. He’s stated many times bcfc comes first. I would image it wouldn’t take much to be influential in the rugby world financially anyway . Nowhere near the biggest sport in this country . 

More worried he thinks he can get promotion on the cheap by selling our best players and replacing with low cost cheaper options

Then he goes on 20man and says he hasn’t demanded promotion this season but has told LJ he’s not getting any younger !

He has the funds to do a Wolves at the drop of a hat and then would get his investment back in TV money over 3 years it wouldn’t cost him a dime 

I just can’t understand what his motives are anymore 

In the meantime LJ is bulletproof as all he has to do is coach the players that are provided under Steve Ls rules 

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

33rd in world rugby is a long way down the list, there aren't that many top teams around the world 

I would say the 33rd most influential person in the world (even if it is an arbitrary list by a magazine) is pretty high up! Rugby Union may not have the universal popularity that football has, but its still a pretty major industry.

57 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Genuine answer: no. His primary interest is the football. By all accounts he's not even especially knowledgeable on rugby. Chris Booy runs the rugby side of things. 

It's still possible he gets the bug for it I suppose, maybe if Bristol became very successful, but that's unlikely in the near future I suspect.

31 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I would say the 33rd most influential person in the world (even if it is an arbitrary list by a magazine) is pretty high up! Rugby Union may not have the universal popularity that football has, but its still a pretty major industry.

He built one of the biggest investment companies in the UK he might be in the top 50 most influential people in the UK.

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I rest my case , is that all ? . 

If you’re big and hard you can play rugby. Talentless sport 

Haha, shows how much you know that...

Dan Carter, one of the best players of all time is 5 11, hardly big is that...

More people watched the rugby premiership than the county championship, one day cup and 20 20 blast

I rest my case....

16 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

1.5 billion watched 2015 cricket wc final

India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh would have contributed half that...

What I’m saying is , it’s very easy compared to football and cricket ability wise . Basic skills are being able to run and carry a peanut under your arm as opposed to football which is self explanatory and cricket that has multipal skill sets. Best way of summing up the skill difference is this.

sign your name then try doing it with your foot. 

Very tough physical sport rugby but skill full ? ? not for me mate. 

As for viewing figures . Over a billion watched the last World Cup and your crickets excuse is irrelevant . You’re on about viewing figures full stop. Both rugby and cricket taken to colonial countries as well 

15 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Haha, shows how much you know that...

Dan Carter, one of the best players of all time is 5 11, hardly big is that...

More people watched the rugby premiership than the county championship, one day cup and 20 20 blast

I rest my case....

India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh would have contributed half that...

What's your point? England certainly didn't contribute half of 120 million.

13 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

What's your point? England certainly didn't contribute half of 120 million.

No, but rugby is just as big a sport as cricket worldwide when you consider the number of countries that play it, not the population sizes of those countries

19 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

What I’m saying is , it’s very easy compared to football and cricket ability wise . Basic skills are being able to run and carry a peanut under your arm as opposed to football which is self explanatory and cricket that has multipal skill sets. Best way of summing up the skill difference is this.

sign your name then try doing it with your foot. 

Very tough physical sport rugby but skill full ? ? not for me mate. 

As for viewing figures . Over a billion watched the last World Cup and your crickets excuse is irrelevant . You’re on about viewing figures full stop. Both rugby and cricket taken to colonial countries as well 

There’s lots of skill to playing rugby, nowadays being big and tough doesn’t make you a good rugby player at all, in fact I’d argue there’s more skill to playing rugby than football. 

Rugby is currently the second sport in this country after football (excluding fishing...)

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

There’s lots of skill to playing rugby, nowadays being big and tough doesn’t make you a good rugby player at all, in fact I’d argue there’s more skill to playing rugby than football. 

Rugby is currently the second sport in this country after football (excluding fishing...)

No disrespect but more skill in rugby than football ? you carry a oval ball under your arm . You pass it with your hands . How can it possibly be more skill full than football . Absolute rubbish I’m afraid. It’s basically playing British bulldog with a egg under your arm . 

Archived