IGNORED

Swansea away pubs

ScottMurray'srightboot

Was in the slug and lettuce and there were Police outside on entry and a mixture of Jacks and City and shoppers when a number of jacks including some body building types walked up the side of the pub and entered. It was clear they were intent on trouble and within 10 minutes the pub cleared and police separating jacks and city outside. Didn't actually see any punches thrown but lots of handbags but surprised that a group could saunter past police into a pub as trouble was inevitable.

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

We tried to get in Walkabout about 2hrs after the game but 3 of us were turned away, the bouncer claimed 400 Bristol fans trashed the place and they weren’t letting Bristol fans in again.

We were not overly drunk, chanting or in any way abusive, just wanted to watch the Liverpool game. 

Reading of disgusting and embarrassing behaviour like this makes me ashamed to be a Bristol City fan at times.

Why would anyone want to watch the Liverpool game?

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

Not sure the bouncer was being best informed! I walked through the pub after city had left at 2.30 and can report no damage . The only dodgy thing I saw was a table that got pushed over and this was kindly lifted up with the help of a city fan. 

Bar reported no damage at all and lots of sales over the bar so they seemed very happy . 

This is a lie. It was very rowdy in there and all kicking off outside, the people outside were refused entry to the pub and the people inside weren't being served alcohol.

3 hours ago, JulieH said:

Not sure the bouncer was being best informed! I walked through the pub after city had left at 2.30 and can report no damage . The only dodgy thing I saw was a table that got pushed over and this was kindly lifted up with the help of a city fan. 

Bar reported no damage at all and lots of sales over the bar so they seemed very happy . 

Hello. Sorry to go off topic but is there any news on Henbury Gas’ claims about the disabled fan getting his teeth smashed out?

Apologies if you’ve already updated us and I missed it

4 hours ago, Shuffle said:

Was in the slug and lettuce and there were Police outside on entry and a mixture of Jacks and City and shoppers when a number of jacks including some body building types walked up the side of the pub and entered. It was clear they were intent on trouble and within 10 minutes the pub cleared and police separating jacks and city outside. Didn't actually see any punches thrown but lots of handbags but surprised that a group could saunter past police into a pub as trouble was inevitable.

Yep Police intelligence at its best. You would almost think they wanted trouble to occur

16 hours ago, BessexRED said:

This is a lie. It was very rowdy in there and all kicking off outside, the people outside were refused entry to the pub and the people inside weren't being served alcohol.

I was there from 1pm to 2.30pm and as previously stated police were called to the street but it did not kick off outside. I walked through twice, yes city songs were being sang, but not in mine or South Wales police view rowdy or in any way liable to prosecution 

people outside were not refused entry , they were smoking and drinking. The only time alcohol stopped being served for the time I was there was about 2.15 when we requested that of the management as no one wanted to leave for the game!!!

again there were no issues and fans left through the back door as requested,. The whole time I was there none of what you witnessed happened, so not sure what time the incidents that u state happened? 

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

I was there from 1pm to 2.30pm and as previously stated police were called to the street but it did not kick off outside. I walked through twice, yes city songs were being sang, but not in mine or South Wales police view rowdy or in any way liable to prosecution 

people outside were not refused entry , they were smoking and drinking. The only time alcohol stopped being served for the time I was there was about 2.15 when we requested that of the management as no one wanted to leave for the game!!!

again there were no issues and fans left through the back door as requested,. The whole time I was there none of what you witnessed happened, so not sure what time the incidents that u state happened? 

I was there from about 12 until 2:30 and the reason there was such a police presence separating the pub we were in and the pub the Swansea lads were drinking in was  because it went off.

Don't get me wrong Julie I'm not complaining, it was an absolutely fantastic day but you're not telling the truth. We were outside and we were told we were not allowed to leave the pub and we were refused entry to the pub until about 2pm, and then when we got in they didn't serve us alcohol under police advice.

That was the only downer on it really, but inside the pub it was a great atmosphere anyway.

22 hours ago, JulieH said:

I was there and this is what happened, lots of fake news going around unfortunately again!

probably only 30 Swansea associated males ( very reluctant to call then fans) walked through a street containing city fans in three pubs, lots of jeering and chanting from both sides, no punches thrown, no disorder and no glasses thrown! Extra police came just to ensure it remained that way. The Swansea group  then dispersed from the area. 

No arrests on the day other than the one Male who for whatever reason ran into the pitch. 

The grand hotel was the away fan friendly pub and they reported no issues . 

Thanks for clarifying, in that case time to close the thread perhaps.

5 hours ago, BessexRED said:

I was there from about 12 until 2:30 and the reason there was such a police presence separating the pub we were in and the pub the Swansea lads were drinking in was  because it went off.

Don't get me wrong Julie I'm not complaining, it was an absolutely fantastic day but you're not telling the truth. We were outside and we were told we were not allowed to leave the pub and we were refused entry to the pub until about 2pm, and then when we got in they didn't serve us alcohol under police advice.

That was the only downer on it really, but inside the pub it was a great atmosphere anyway.

Not sure what you mean by * went off*??

think we were probably there at same time but no punches were thrown, no glasses and no disorder. I think I will agree to disagree on that point.

however I do agree it was a great atmosphere both inside and outside the ground 

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

Not sure what you mean by * went off*??

think we were probably there at same time but no punches were thrown, no glasses and no disorder. I think I will agree to disagree on that point.

however I do agree it was a great atmosphere both inside and outside the ground 

The fact that you claim none of that happened which I will take your word for makes the treatment City fans received both inside and outside of Walkabout a bit of a piss take really.

But yeah, it was a great day. We were saying let's enjoy this one because it'll probably be a bubble trip next year.... so I hope what you said is right.

2 hours ago, archie andrews said:

stop over exaggerating then......not one punch thrown or anything else bit of shouting yes kicking off no

We caught the tail end of it, Julie wasn't even there, and I doubt you were either. 

I'm not exaggerating, lots of people were pissed off with the treatment from the Heddlu yet again but it hardly come as a surprise really did it?

On 26/08/2018 at 15:10, BobBobSuperBob said:

Which demonstrates why the advertising of where City fans intend to drink on a public forum isn’t the brightest idea

On that note, gotta say.

Just in general terms I mean, it never ceases to amaze me when people post anything- and I mean anything- of a sensitive nature or in other cases, a potential flashpoint, any personal identifying features- anything at all on an open, public forum. Anyone could be reading it!

(They probably are too)

21 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Very strange, as me and 2 others - all in City colours - walked up to Walkabout at about 1pm, were let straight in, and served no bother until the buses turned up at which point everyone was asked to leave anyway. Lots of City fans singing but didn't see any problems at all - a group of Swansea fans sat amongst the City fans watching the Wolves v Man City game and there was just friendly 'banter' (as much as I hate that word). 

I can only assume that you and the others were refused entry/service personally, rather than City in general - be that fair or not - coz all the City fans I was with had absolutely no problems with the police, bouncers or bar staff at Walkabout, and even when everyone was leaving they were cracking jokes with us and in good spirits. Feel like @JulieH is pretty accurate with what she's said.

11 minutes ago, Ben4BCFC said:

Very strange, as me and 2 others - all in City colours - walked up to Walkabout at about 1pm, were let straight in, and served no bother until the buses turned up at which point everyone was asked to leave anyway. Lots of City fans singing but didn't see any problems at all - a group of Swansea fans sat amongst the City fans watching the Wolves v Man City game and there was just friendly 'banter' (as much as I hate that word). 

I can only assume that you and the others were refused entry/service personally, rather than City in general - be that fair or not - coz all the City fans I was with had absolutely no problems with the police, bouncers or bar staff at Walkabout, and even when everyone was leaving they were cracking jokes with us and in good spirits. Feel like @JulieH is pretty accurate with what she's said.

Wasn't just us personally, was everyone that was outside that the police surrounded and refused entry from the pub.

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

Does make me laugh that, despite the police saying "there was no trouble", there are a few wannabees shouting "the police are lying, there was loads of trouble, we're dead hard, honest"

Certainly not the case, I'm just saying that if you believe there was no trouble whatsoever then the treatment City fans got was a joke.

Believe what you want I really do not care.

Archived