IGNORED

Injuries striking again.

barneyrubble

One for O.S. fans (you know who you are) - Fake news?: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/teams/injuries-suspensions/

Here's an updated list of all bookings, red cards and injuries in the City first team.

Yellow Cards

1 - Niclas Eliasson (Bolton Wanderers A)
1 - Jack Hunt (Bolton Wanderers A)

Red Card

Suspensions

Injuries

Hakeeb Adelakun (ankle)
Frank Fielding (hip)

Having read this thread, it seems that people are agreed we have suffered a number of injuries already, following from the long injury list at the start of the year. But posters are not agreed as to cause.

So the practical conclusion must surely be, despite all that has been said, we still lack the depth of squad necessary. We are one goalkeeping injury away from crisis. We already have a mini crisis at centre back, and a further crisis at striker.  Agreed our main striker is not injured but sitting out a ban.  What happens if Baker suffers a lengthy ban (certainly not beyond the bounds of possibility), or a goalkeeper even.

Again a question of being underprepared?   As has been said numerous times on otib we had the whole closed season to deal with Fam's ban, and a good slice of time to deal with goalkeeper situation.

All sounds too familiar with City at this level.

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Having read this thread, it seems that people are agreed we have suffered a number of injuries already, following from the long injury list at the start of the year. But posters are not agreed as to cause.

So the practical conclusion must surely be, despite all that has been said, we still lack the depth of squad necessary. We are one goalkeeping injury away from crisis. We already have a mini crisis at centre back, and a further crisis at striker.  Agreed our main striker is not injured but sitting out a ban.  What happens if Baker suffers a lengthy ban (certainly not beyond the bounds of possibility), or a goalkeeper even.

Again a question of being underprepared?   As has been said numerous times on otib we had the whole closed season to deal with Fam's ban, and a good slice of time to deal with goalkeeper situation.

All sounds too familiar with City at this level.

So how big a squad should we have then?  I think most people would usually agree that a squad of 25-26 is ideal, but that's what we've got and you're saying it isn't big enough.  If you always have to allow for an injury crisis then you need a very big (and very expensive) squad and there will be an enormous number of players not involved on match days.  

In the old days, that was what loan signings were for.  Now I suppose the decision is whether to throw in your youngsters. 

28 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

So how big a squad should we have then?  I think most people would usually agree that a squad of 25-26 is ideal, but that's what we've got and you're saying it isn't big enough.  If you always have to allow for an injury crisis then you need a very big (and very expensive) squad and there will be an enormous number of players not involved on match days.  

In the old days, that was what loan signings were for.  Now I suppose the decision is whether to throw in your youngsters. 

We are already throwing in youngsters. We need arguably more versatile players, or, as said above, fewer injuries - i.e. We seriously need to look at pre season games.

or, more simply, more players.  I fear a smaller squad is thought by coaches to be easier to manage.

Taylor Moore has also been injured. I don't know if he OK now. 

If Baker is not fit for Boro, I would play a back four of Hunt, Webster, Pack and Kelly. With Korey and Brownhill in central midfield to protect the back four. 

Hegeler would be a useful sub even if not 100%. And Pisano. 

While I'm at it, the wingers would be O'Dowda and Eliasson with strikers Weimann and Watkins. After Tuesday, I never again want to see Taylor in our match day squad. 

I don't think you can blame depth, the injury situation at times last year was nuts and would stretch all but the very top clubs.

Unlucky? Maybe. Issues in training? Maybe. We definitely need fewer injuries though, a squad of 25 is pretty standard and reasonable size IMO- it's the injuries that are the outlier. Plus the probably unwarranted 6 game ban for our main striker...

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Hakeem injured in a bad challange against Yeovil out for 14 weeks

Fielding took a bad challenge against Shrewsbury out for 12 weeks

Baker took a knock against bolton 50/50 for the weekend

Wright took a bad knock on the tour is just returning to training

those are the main ones all injurys due to bad tackles and not training methods 

The way LJ was taking up Kelly, I think Baker might be out on Saturday. 

Back 4 of Hunt, Webster, Kelly, DaSilva

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

It’s the bollox Loan system that doesn’t help. I also criticise ourselves for loaning out too soon!

Archived