IGNORED

Jens Hegeler

BCFCGav

Anyone aware of the situation regarding Jens? With this season being one of change, I wonder if he should be given a run as a midfielder who screens the back four, as this is something often highlighted on here as a problem area. I can only assume he's currently injured?

I actually think this would be really useful. When was the last time we played with a proper defensive midfielder? Most top teams do it, or at least someone who can fit that mould, and Jens has barely had a proper chance which probably doesn't help his poor performances. Arguably Pack is that player for us but he's asked to do a bigger role than that - bring in Hegeler and suddenly you can free up the midfield and push the wingers on further, even if it means sacrificing a striker.

1 minute ago, where's the joy said:

even if fit he is too slow to survive in the championship, sad to say as he has a touch of class about him.

That’s a contradiction...................:cool2:

A player doesn’t need to be quick ( Carrick ) to play top level professional football. Having class as a footballer ( Carrick ) gets you a long way......

I've been impressed with Pack recently and he seems to be by far our most creative player right now, made some quality through balls in the Bolton game.

I'd love to see pack pushed further forward to do more damage with a fit Jens Hegeler dropping deeper.

Maenpaa

Hunt Wright Webster Kelly

Hegeler

Brownhill  Pack

Eliasson             O'Dowda

Weimann

4 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Not mobile enough to be anywhere near a championship teams midfield from what I’ve seen. 

Hegeler can and has played at CB. With Pack, Smith and Brownhill in contention for a midfield start he’d be fourth choice at best.

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

So.. genuine question for all those who know the game better than me. Notwithstanding injuries, why do you think he was signed ?

Sadly a question that seems to be arising more and more lately that players were signed without properly being scouted first

15 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

So.. genuine question for all those who know the game better than me. Notwithstanding injuries, why do you think he was signed ?

I certainly wouldn't claim to know the game better than anyone else but my thoughts are that he was looked upon as being versatile, experienced and comfortable on the ball. 

I think he has largely been caught out by the pace and intensity of the Championship (much like Pisano). There's a half decent player there somewhere, but I'm not sure we can utilise him as anything other than a third man (in defence or midfield). 

20 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Because he’s a versatile player with experience of playing in the Bundesleague. A useful addition to the squad but unfortunately he’s been out injured for what seems like ages.......and he hasn’t had the game time to show what he can do.

It’s very premature and ridiculous to slate a player when he’s hardly played through injury. Off the top of my head I’d guess he’s played less than a dozen times for City.

38 minutes ago, City18 said:

I've been impressed with Pack recently and he seems to be by far our most creative player right now, made some quality through balls in the Bolton game.

I'd love to see pack pushed further forward to do more damage with a fit Jens Hegeler dropping deeper.

Maenpaa

Hunt Wright Webster Kelly

Hegeler

Brownhill  Pack

Eliasson             O'Dowda

Weimann

That would be- if we chose to play him- his best position for me.

8 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

I certainly wouldn't claim to know the game better than anyone else but my thoughts are that he was looked upon as being versatile, experienced and comfortable on the ball. 

I think he has largely been caught out by the pace and intensity of the Championship (much like Pisano). There's a half decent player there somewhere, but I'm not sure we can utilise him as anything other than a third man (in defence or midfield). 

What I thought, so piss poor due dilligence again.

27 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Experienced, defensive midfielder which we don't really have. Played over 40 games in the Bundesliga for Bayer Leverkusen, including playing both Europa League and Champions League football. Signed directly from the Bundesliga for Hertha Berlin. Exactly the sort of senior signing we should be making considering he was only 29 at the time too.

But obviously a few of our armchair scouts know better!

10 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Experienced, defensive midfielder which we don't really have. Played over 40 games in the Bundesliga for Bayer Leverkusen, including playing both Europa League and Champions League football. Signed directly from the Bundesliga for Hertha Berlin. Exactly the sort of senior signing we should be making considering he was only 29 at the time too.

But obviously a few of our armchair scouts know better!

And has produced exactly what?

I cannot think of a game where he influenced the result, in fact I suspect he has not actually played in many wins.

I think your comment is wrong because I believe you are twisting what people are saying, I haven't seen anything that says that he never arrived with a good pedigree, making him on paper a good signing, what I see is people saying it hasn't worked out, let's move on.

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

I actually think this would be really useful. When was the last time we played with a proper defensive midfielder? Most top teams do it, or at least someone who can fit that mould, and Jens has barely had a proper chance which probably doesn't help his poor performances. Arguably Pack is that player for us but he's asked to do a bigger role than that - bring in Hegeler and suddenly you can free up the midfield and push the wingers on further, even if it means sacrificing a striker.

Bring back the true Sweeper (i.e., not the Keeper)?

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And has produced exactly what?

I cannot think of a game where he influenced the result, in fact I suspect he has not actually played in many wins.

I think your comment is wrong because I believe you are twisting what people are saying, I haven't seen anything that says that he never arrived with a good pedigree, making him on paper a good signing, what I see is people saying it hasn't worked out, let's move on.

Nothing, he's played 90 mins about 5 times for us, mostly out of position.

5 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Nothing, he's played 90 mins about 5 times for us, mostly out of position.

Yep let's move on, he's been a passenger, you should be attacking the person who selected him to play out of position not the people who are saying, let's move on.

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

First half, Derby away, 11th Feb 2017. Perhaps our greatest half of football under Mr J jnr. Sadly, as usual, we only turned up for one half!

45 minutes in 2 years?

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

In a team of 12?

No- in a team of 11, but the question is who would he replace?

Of our midfield, he's the best fit for a midfielder to sit in front of the back 4 and tougher in the tackle (Pack is creative and that's great, but sometimes it's not about the best individuals). Hegeler between the defence and Brownhill Pack 2 would be interesting and have potential IMO...

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Yep let's move on, he's been a passenger, you should be attacking the person who selected him to play out of position not the people who are saying, let's move on.

45 minutes in 2 years?

You said "Falls into the "i'm sure that there is a good footballer in there somewhere", but 2 years on we have yet to see it". I merely corrected that by referring to that performance. We have seen it, albeit only once.

Archived