IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Time To Go

Londoner

Lee Johnson you have done a great job in stabilising our championship status, in helping us become a standard club for this division and for helping youth develop and become first team regulars, for that you deserve massive credit.

However, the next step for us is to push and progress to the next level, play off candidates and a reputation for being s top championship team....unfortunately you do not know how to help us progress.

We are on another poor run, 3 wins in 20 odd games, you don't know your best formation, you don't know your best starting co, you don't know how to utilise players in their best positions, and ultimately you do not have the knowledge or nouse to create an identity leading to success.

The difference between you and others is obvious. Look at Warnock, real identity with success, look at Dean Smith, outstanding football on a shoe string budget and playoff contenders again.

Lee Johnson will never be accepted as Bristol City manager unless we reach the play offs. The toxic negativity from the Rotherham game shows that when things go wrong the fans will go for him.

Steve, let him Go, and do your best to get Dean Smith into this club.

6 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Lee Johnson you have done a great job in stabilising our championship status, in helping us become a standard club for this division and for helping youth develop and become first team regulars, for that you deserve massive credit.

However, the next step for us is to push and progress to the next level, play off candidates and a reputation for being s top championship team....unfortunately you do not know how to help us progress.

We are on another poor run, 3 wins in 20 odd games, you don't know your best formation, you don't know your best starting co, you don't know how to utilise players in their best positions, and ultimately you do not have the knowledge or nouse to create an identity leading to success.

The difference between you and others is obvious. Look at Warnock, real identity with success, look at Dean Smith, outstanding football on a shoe string budget and playoff contenders again.

Lee Johnson will never be accepted as Bristol City manager unless we reach the play offs. The toxic negativity from the Rotherham game shows that when things go wrong the fans will go for him.

Not all of them. Some consider the good he's done and realise there will be bad days.

9 minutes ago, Londoner said:

how many promotions has Dean smith got at Brentford? and walsall?

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

how many promotions has Deam smith got at Brentford? and walsall?

Don't understand your point. Someone hasn't got promoted therefore they aren't good enough by your theory 

4 minutes ago, Sturny said:

This will get a few bites for sure. You must be fishing ?

Are you not willing to give LJ atleast 15 games into the season before sacking should be considered? 

At a push. 

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Don't understand your point. Someone hasn't got promoted therefore they aren't good enough by your theory 

At a push. 

not the point,

you want some one to come in to push us for promtion and suggest Dean Smith, I ask what promotions has he got under his belt,

2015/16 Brentford finished 9th

2016/17 Brentford finished 10th

2017/18 Brentford finished 9th

How is dean smith an upgrade, he's just the same type of coach lee johnson is but with out the hate johnson gets for simply being lee johnson

not the point,

you want some one to come in to push us for promtion and suggest Dean Smith, I ask what promotions has he got under his belt,

How is dean smith an upgrade, he's just the same type of coach lee johnson is but with out the hate johnson gets for simply being lee johnson

I know some people on here struggle to grasp football, but you do take it to another level.

I will sum it up in one word for you "over achieve".

5 minutes ago, Sturny said:

This will get a few bites for sure. You must be fishing ?

Are you not willing to give LJ atleast 15 games into the season before sacking should be considered? 

Ffs he's had 8 months of poop performances and still hasnt turned it round.....we are probably worse than we were in December

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

not the point,

I agree with you, but aren't all those finishes higher than ours each season?

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

I agree with you, but aren't all those finishes higher than ours each season?

but under johnson we've had a season on season improvement, same can't be said about smith,

if your going to replace him its got to be with someone better not just some one who is exactly the same as you already have 

not the point,

That is some achievement for a small club like Brentford  

@Londoner this is all getting a bit tedious now. Why not just relax a little, take some time away from football and find some joy in your life. Yes, I appreciate that things aren't going well for City, and I also recognise that, but broadcasting it all day everyday is boring. I didn't even need to read the who was the OP to realise it was you. You clearly get little joy in watching City or football, why not try something else? 

I'm not sure I want him sacked but this is probably the least enthusiastic I have been about a season in a very long time. If we are all honest he isn't going to succeed here and if we are going out of this league it's going to be down not up.

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

but under johnson we've had a season on season improvement, same can't be said about smith,

if your going to replace him its got to be with someone better not just some one who is exactly the same as you already have 

Clueless not worthy of debate.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Top Robin

Not that I'm advocating a change, but in addition to that and selling their best players most years- maybe even every year, Brentford arguably play the best football in the Championship.

I agree with this but LJ is trying to do the same, unfortunately I think it’s the recruitment side of things letting us and him down.

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

It is true tho? We’ve finished each season in a higher place than the last.

‘Time to go’ is when/if we are in the relegation zone in December with no clear strategy to climb out of it - whoever the manager is - and believe me I will be stating it on the various forums.

Sacking a manager 2 games into a season would be utterly stupid and to be quite honest we would deserve to struggle - and most neutrals would want us to go down. 

This has nothing to do with it being Lee Johnson - I’m not a ‘lover’ or a ‘hater’ - it’s just footballing common sense.

People of a certain age like me have seen to much of League 1 (Div 3) for our liking, so being an established championship side IS progress and we shouldn’t rock the boat.

its like being on 17 in blackjack. Twist or stick?

5 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I agree with this but LJ is trying to do the same, unfortunately I think it’s the recruitment side of things letting us and him down.

We are trying to go down a similar line, particularly starting with this summer.

Would say we have a bit more wriggle room and can be a bit more discerning about who we sell and when- but that will (hopefully!) come in due course.

10 minutes ago, Londoner said:

only because you've lost the debate with youre well reasoned answer,

go on tell us how smith is an improvement on johnson? is it because he can keep his best players? oh wait brentford sell key players every year

is it because brentford always challenge for promotion.... oh wait they've never finished higher then 9th under him 

is it because he's improved their league position every season, oh wait he hasn't 

if you don''t want to debate just don't bother trolling the forum with your unintelligent narrow minded bullshit 

4 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I hear this a lot. Does anyone really believe that LJ has no say in who the club scouts and recruits ?

I don't believe it for one second, but its nice to imply when the signings are at best patchy.

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Lose Saturday and 3 league games into the season the hostility will start and this forum will be toxic. 

Its already starting. Time for a couple of weeks off. Round in circles. 

only way the board will take notice is if attendances and match day revenue drop significantly 

2 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I hear this a lot. Does anyone really believe that LJ has no say in who the club scouts and recruits ?

I don't believe it for one second, but its nice to imply when the signings are at best patchy.

No I think he has a say but he’s obviously recommended players from the scouting team and this side of things is letting him down.

Archived