IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Time To Go

Londoner

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

Lee Johnson you have done a great job in stabilising our championship status, in helping us become a standard club for this division and for helping youth develop and become first team regulars, for that you deserve massive credit.

However, the next step for us is to push and progress to the next level, play off candidates and a reputation for being s top championship team....unfortunately you do not know how to help us progress.

We are on another poor run, 3 wins in 20 odd games, you don't know your best formation, you don't know your best starting co, you don't know how to utilise players in their best positions, and ultimately you do not have the knowledge or nouse to create an identity leading to success.

The difference between you and others is obvious. Look at Warnock, real identity with success, look at Dean Smith, outstanding football on a shoe string budget and playoff contenders again.

Lee Johnson will never be accepted as Bristol City manager unless we reach the play offs. The toxic negativity from the Rotherham game shows that when things go wrong the fans will go for him.

Steve, let him Go, and do your best to get Dean Smith into this club.

Please please show patience................you very well may get your wish... I don't want him(Lee)to fail but my gut instinct says he won't see this season out.

Lee Johnson you have done a great job in stabilising our championship status, in helping us become a standard club for this division and for helping youth develop and become first team regulars, for that you deserve massive credit.

However, the next step for us is to push and progress to the next level, play off candidates and a reputation for being s top championship team....unfortunately you do not know how to help us progress.

We are on another poor run, 3 wins in 20 odd games, you don't know your best formation, you don't know your best starting co, you don't know how to utilise players in their best positions, and ultimately you do not have the knowledge or nouse to create an identity leading to success.

The difference between you and others is obvious. Look at Warnock, real identity with success, look at Dean Smith, outstanding football on a shoe string budget and playoff contenders again.

Lee Johnson will never be accepted as Bristol City manager unless we reach the play offs. The toxic negativity from the Rotherham game shows that when things go wrong the fans will go for him.

I agree with you, I never rated LJ as a player or coach, he will never get us to the premier league, he hasn't got the ability, unfortunately I don't think SL does wants to either, sorry to say it though, but I don't think SL will sack him either, but let's hope, as Landsdown stated "he's here long term,"

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

All of our heads were turned in January and not in a good way.

Where has your sudden optimism come from mate? a couple of weeks ago you were saying that our current midfield was a recipe for relegation?

what optimism?,

I think we'll finish midtable and the football I've seen so far has been ok, but the same weaknesses are still there, due to our head coaches inability to see the obvious weakness in the team, a weakness I've seen since 2015 and one thats still not been strengthened, 

2 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Why did flint sign a new contract? If his head was turned in January you'd think not signing a new contract would've made him cheaper and showed intention to leave. 

because he was promised he could leave as soon as a higher position club came in for him 

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

what optimism?,

I think we'll finish midtable and the football I've seen so far has been ok, but the same weaknesses are still there, due to our head coaches inability to see the obvious weakness in the team, a weakness I've seen since 2015 and one thats still not been strengthened, 

The optimism that you believe we will finish mid table, I wish I had that optimism, 28 games into 2018 I see a struggle, but as ever I hope that I am wrong.

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

what optimism?,

I get what your saying..how Lee can't see that we need a quality centre mid is really odd..

The optimism that you believe we will finish mid table, I wish I had that optimism, 28 games into 2018 I see a struggle, but as ever I hope that I am wrong.

we have a midtable team, we've got a stronger team then more then a few in this league, we're starting to resemble Ipswich in that regard

Nah. While recently moved from ‘neutral’ to the ‘unconvinced’ camp, he’s got to December from me. 

Part of the reasoning is that he and Ashton have got us into this situation - of what is it something like 3 wins in 28 - they now need to get us out of it.

I bloody hope they can do it, ‘cause I fear SLs patience with the football club is beginning to ebb.

I can’t get out of my head the very astute Mr Warnock’s comments that ‘he talks a good game’ - which undoubtedly he does.  Now is the time for the man with the ‘golden ticket’ to break this run and stop entering any more.

LJ, you’re now rid of virtually all Cotts players (unfortunately, as I see it) and you’ve now got your own squad. It’s your own tactics, your motivation, your leadership ... now go get three points on Saturday. Nothing would please me more.

COYRs

1 minute ago, Robert the bruce said:

I get what your saying..how Lee can't see that we need a quality centre mid is really odd..

not just a quality centre midfielder,

If our midfield did some defensive duties we'd be fine, but look how teams carve us apart, between the halfway line and our 18 yard box you can count on one hand the number of challenges made by the midfield,

the amount of crosses that comes into the box is criminal, we have a decent championship keeper in Fielding who has a weakness on crosses, so tell me why our fall backs and wide players don't challenge and let those crosses come into the box

The final weakness in this team is we switch off at half time, how many goals did we concede in the first 15 minutes of the second half for example?,

Our head coaches inability to see or address these weaknesses will cost us a promotion bid, but we have more then enough talent in the squad to finish between 10th and 15th

I was gonna go for a bin, but considering Smith has never been promoted and we've done a Brentford so far this season (dominated possession, nothing to show for it) downgrades your post to being laughed at.

1 hour ago, Super said:

I'm not sure I want him sacked but this is probably the least enthusiastic I have been about a season in a very long time. If we are all honest he isn't going to succeed here and if we are going out of this league it's going to be down not up.

Depends what your definition of success is. I suggest it isn't necessarily what only 1 bloke in 100 years has done.

Fortunately most on here are not such drama queens and flappers wanting a manager sacked after 2 league games. Whilst you try to use the last 20 games record, in reality its a new squad / team and what they do, which we are also having to manage without our record signing and unlucky with injuries. Last season has results do not affect this seasons table.

The players that left were apart of the team you also try to judge the run on, but you know for certain we are weaker without them, who knows what games were being played by agents etc behind the scenes last january and if players wanted out.

I run a recent poll about the transfers with 447 votes, in sumary

31% were happy with transfers

17% would be happy with a loan added

40% were unsure and wanted to see how the team develops

11% thought we are weaker and will struggle 

Whilst maybe the questions could have been positioned differently, it was an interesting gauge of overall opinion and demonstrated the negative hype that surrounds this forum is generated by a few of the same posters starting lots of threads and not the overall view.

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

we have a midtable team, we've got a stronger team then more then a few in this league, we're starting to resemble Ipswich in that regard

Like Bolton? but we still struggled.

I hope you are correct, I just cannot see it.

Middlesborough at home and QPR (we never beat them away) Swansea away to come do not look like fixtures that will be any better viewing for what will then be 31 games in 2018.

September doesn't look much better.

13 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Why did flint sign a new contract? If his head was turned in January you'd think not signing a new contract would've made him cheaper and showed intention to leave. 

Release clause probably, the move to Middlesbrough went through so quickly 

Like Bolton? but we still struggled.

I hope you are correct, I just cannot see it.

Middlesborough at home and QPR (we never beat them away) Swansea away to come do not look like fixtures that will be any better viewing for what will then be 31 games in 2018.

September doesn't look much better.

we didn't struggle at bolton we completely out played them but conceded two very familiar goals 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

We need another CB and striker, more than we need another CM!

no we need a midfielder above all else and have needed that midfielder since wade elliot hung up his boots,

we've never had a problem scoring goals and our defensive issues stem from a weak midfield not helping out or tracking back 

Just now, Monkeh said:

we didn't struggle at bolton we completely out played them but conceded two very familiar goals 

And only created anything at all once we out of the necessity of being 2-0 down on the hour mark suddenly upped the urgency and played at pace, for the first hour we looked pretty but totally unthreatening.

If LJ plays with that pace, you might be right, if we continue with the slow unthreatening running out of ideas system, we will struggle, let's hope he has learned his lesson?

1 hour ago, Coppello said:

@Londoner this is all getting a bit tedious now. Why not just relax a little, take some time away from football and find some joy in your life. Yes, I appreciate that things aren't going well for City, and I also recognise that, but broadcasting it all day everyday is boring. I didn't even need to read the who was the OP to realise it was you. You clearly get little joy in watching City or football, why not try something else? 

Maybe he could support Hamilton Not-Very-Academicals?

10 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

no we need a midfielder above all else and have needed that midfielder since wade elliot hung up his boots,

we've never had a problem scoring goals and our defensive issues stem from a weak midfield not helping out or tracking back 

I’d say that we look weak aerially defensively. We did even when we had Flint..!

I’m not sure which strikers are going to weigh in with goals, apart from Wiemann & Fammy. 

I’m not saying we don’t need a top level midfielder, but I don’t think it’s priority above the front & back lines. 

I know some people on here struggle to grasp football, but you do take it to another level.

I will sum it up in one word for you "over achieve".

The whole reason people are going for Johnson is that he got our squad to hugely overachieve for half of last season, and now we can't achieve that again he has to go, supposedly.

Dean Smith and shoestring budget made me laugh. They’re comparable to us in wages and fees. 

As for the wildly successful Smith, he has averaged 0.05 points per game more at Brentford than Johnson has here. 

Over 46 games that’s a whole......2 points. 

Talking guff as per usual. 

Archived