IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Time To Go

Londoner

4 hours ago, Londoner said:

Lee Johnson you have done a great job in stabilising our championship status, in helping us become a standard club for this division and for helping youth develop and become first team regulars, for that you deserve massive credit.

However, the next step for us is to push and progress to the next level, play off candidates and a reputation for being s top championship team....unfortunately you do not know how to help us progress.

We are on another poor run, 3 wins in 20 odd games, you don't know your best formation, you don't know your best starting co, you don't know how to utilise players in their best positions, and ultimately you do not have the knowledge or nouse to create an identity leading to success.

The difference between you and others is obvious. Look at Warnock, real identity with success, look at Dean Smith, outstanding football on a shoe string budget and playoff contenders again.

Lee Johnson will never be accepted as Bristol City manager unless we reach the play offs. The toxic negativity from the Rotherham game shows that when things go wrong the fans will go for him.

Steve, let him Go, and do your best to get Dean Smith into this club.

Hard to attack the post and not the post when the poster is a complete ******* idiot.

Londoner, **** off. Easily the most ridiculous online contributor I've ever come across. Absolutely full of shite.

1 minute ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Hard to attack the post and not the post when the poster is a complete ******* idiot.

Londoner, **** off. Easily the most ridiculous online contributor I've ever come across. Absolutely full of shite.

In fairness to him he has PM'd me his Instagram handle as requested!

The usual negative boring rubbish on this negative forum!! I think city fans have a lot of issues at home and they take out there frustrations on the players and management each week, every season. What do people expect from this club. We are where we should be and have been a yo yo club for as long as I remember. Why all of a sudden should we be a prem club under Johnson? We finish 14/15 this year, where I think we will. How is that not a good season? If how ever we get taken over by foreign rich owners. Which I may add has never looked likely. We may ask for a bit more. Then will become a different pressure for a manager with these pathetic negative supporters!! I wouldn't want to be manager of this club even if I got paid millions. Too many miserable clueless people support my great club!!

20 minutes ago, BRISTOLCITY26 said:

What a load of nonsense. The club is 10x better on the pitch since his arrival.

This should have started NSFW I nearly spat my coffee all over myself reading this! 

How are you feeling Gary anyway? Hope you are fully recovered from your heart surgery 

6 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Who picks Johnson?

I'd include Mark Ashton in this too, I'd be willing to bet one or both of them aren't employed by us at the end of the season 

3 hours ago, Londoner said:

1. Finishes higher in the table with smaller transfer and wage budget.

2. Overachieved every season buying nobodies and turning them into assets

3. Irrelevant still does better than they should

As for selling your key players statement that just highlights just how little you understand. 

Everything you have said there bar the first point could be said of Lee Johnson as well.

In fact he gets criticised for buying nobodies!

5 minutes ago, BRISTOLCITY26 said:

Everything you have said there bar the first point could be said of Lee Johnson as well.

In fact he gets criticised for buying nobodies!

Tell me a nobody he has signed, for a limited fee that has had a big impact off us.

4 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

This should have started NSFW I nearly spat my coffee all over myself reading this! 

How are you feeling Gary anyway? Hope you are fully recovered from your heart surgery 

I'd include Mark Ashton in this too, I'd be willing to bet one or both of them aren't employed by us at the end of the season 

In what way are we worse off than when Lee Johnson came in? Honestly interested to hear your take on it.

i honestly do not get the criticism he faces, baffles me personally.

18 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

The usual negative boring rubbish on this negative forum!! I think city fans have a lot of issues at home and they take out there frustrations on the players and management each week, every season. What do people expect from this club. We are where we should be and have been a yo yo club for as long as I remember. Why all of a sudden should we be a prem club under Johnson? We finish 14/15 this year, where I think we will. How is that not a good season? If how ever we get taken over by foreign rich owners. Which I may add has never looked likely. We may ask for a bit more. Then will become a different pressure for a manager with these pathetic negative supporters!! I wouldn't want to be manager of this club even if I got paid millions. Too many miserable clueless people support my great club!!

Two small points 

1 - please try and use your enter key when ranting, it makes it so much easier for us to read 

2 - if you think this place is bad you should visit the awful city till I die Facebook page 

Would love to see Londoner sit down in a room full of people who actually work in the game and understand it.

Simply banding around a name that would magic a transformation under Lansdown's guidelines is laughable in itself.

He'd get ripped a new one for sure.

This thread is absolute bollox and cringe worthy to the extreme.

No wonder some players and managers want nothing to do with some fans...laughable.

Talking with such authority about something he thinks he knows about...gotta love the armschair fan with too much time on his hands.

4 minutes ago, BRISTOLCITY26 said:

I assume you've been to a city game this year? 

He's still naive tactically and consistently awful with his substitutions 

On the pitch we are no better off than when we came up with Gary Johnson, all the foundations and ground work Steve Cotterell has been undone. 

Sadly this season looks like it is going to get very toxic 

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

Would love to see Londoner sit down in a room full of people who actually work in the game and understand it.

Simply banding around a name that would magic a transformation under Lansdown's guidelines is laughable in itself.

He'd get ripped a new one for sure.

This thread is absolute bollox and cringe worthy to the extreme.

No wonder some players and managers want nothing to do with some fans...laughable.

Talking with such authority about something he thinks he knows about...gotta love the armschair fan with too much time on his hands.

Re your first sentance: I do regularly 

37 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I agree that another run of similar form will be inexcusable.

But I don’t agree that the assessment of the current performance of the manager starts with the start of a bad run last season. His job performance would have been evaluated at the end of last season, a line drawn and expectations set for the coming season. 

You cant selectively choose when to assess it from and coincidentally come out with the point that last season went pear shaped.

By that logic it’s just as reasonable to go back and include the exceptionally good performance at the start of the season. But both are equally irrelevant to the here and now. 

By the powers that be his position will rightfully be assessed on what happens this season and this season only. 

It's part of his record, it will go with him just like any other sportsman and daresay will be part of SL's farewell speech to the fans (if it ever came to that). It is totally relevant and needs to be addressed, the results have not been good enough for the whole of 2018.

Of course his record of last year is incredibly relevant and is what has kept him employed at BCFC.

13 minutes ago, BRISTOLCITY26 said:

In what way are we worse off than when Lee Johnson came in? Honestly interested to hear your take on it.

Depends what criticism we're talking about. Some of it is valid. 

3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I assume you've been to a city game this year? 

He's still naive tactically and consistently awful with his substitutions 

On the pitch we are no better off than when we came up with Gary Johnson, all the foundations and ground work Steve Cotterell has been undone. 

Sadly this season looks like it is going to get very toxic 

Season ticket holder since i can remember my good man. Was down Tuesday for the Plymouth game. Do you go often?

All the foundations Cotteril laid down? Are you serious? Didn't bother with the youth team, couldn't hack it as a manager in this league as proven with us and Birmingham, couldn't sign a player or went for unrealistoic targets.

.Best season ever in League One, but he was tactically naive in this division, aslo a side note, I wasn't in favour of sacking Cotteril when a lot of people were calling for his head.

.Will only get toxic due to people disliking Lee Johnson personally. He has almost established us as a Championship club, which no manager has done before. When have we signed good-age players from other Championship clubs before this summer? Never since I can remember. I remember McIness not being able to get a centre-half in because nobody wanted to come to us, not the case now.

I won't write anyone a blank cheque and if we are bottom by Christmas as everyone on here is suggesting then I think questions should and will be asked, but until then I can't see the point in giving him so much grief.

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

not the point,

you want some one to come in to push us for promtion and suggest Dean Smith, I ask what promotions has he got under his belt,

2015/16 Brentford finished 9th

2016/17 Brentford finished 10th

2017/18 Brentford finished 9th

How is dean smith an upgrade, he's just the same type of coach lee johnson is but with out the hate johnson gets for simply being lee johnson

Its not Dean Smith who is the genius it is their Chairman. Very canny use of moneyball strategy to put great players in the squad every season at minimum cost.

6 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Depends what criticism we're talking about. Some of it is valid. 

Completely fine, everyone is free to say what they like, especially in a forum!

The only thing that grates me is people forming opinions on things they think they know, or something they've heard or something they believe happened. When in reality 99% of us fans only see the very tip of the iceberg. The Tomlin situation being the prime example; people slagging Johnson off for not playing him, then finding out he had personal problems/wasn't fit/ being a general nause.

1 minute ago, Londoner said:

Limited fee I said.

Hahahaha how limited?

Archived