IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Time To Go

Londoner

20 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

It's part of his record, it will go with him just like any other sportsman and daresay will be part of SL's farewell speech to the fans (if it ever came to that). It is totally relevant and needs to be addressed, the results have not been good enough for the whole of 2018.

Of course his record of last year is incredibly relevant and is what has kept him employed at BCFC.

My point being you can’t selectively choose how far to go back based on whether you’re making a pro or con argument. 

If you’ve made the decision that his performance last season was satisfactory  enough to keep him employed, then you need to assess his performance from this point on based on what he does since that point. 

Else if you’re insistent on ‘rolling’ form from one season to another you need to go back to the start of his tenure and not just cherry pick which portion of the tenure you’re assessing. 

I think we’re in agreement that another spell of form such as how we ended last season will only have one outcome! 

Interestingly, while we are all swooning, or not, all over Brentford, last season - having sold Harlee Dean, Jota and Vibe, amongst others - it took them until September 23rd and nine league games to win their first league game (it was very nearly thier third game, nearly). I'm guessing they had a fair few new faces to integrate into the team. A crumb of comfort for @Londoner, no doubt.

Lee has achieved nothing as a manager. He has never won a promotion and he has never won a trophy of any sort His record in the transfer market ignoring the sale of players he inherited is little short of a farce. His record in the loan market bar one player is even worse. Why anyone thinks he will succeed as a championship manager almost beggars belief - based on what ?

Truth is at any other club he would be long gone. Quite why SL thinks he is the answer again beggars belief.

The above is factual - if you wish to shoot me down please be factual also !

4 minutes ago, Sturny said:

You could argue he turned Bobby into a big impact player after seeing his potential upfront. 

Yep you could 

5 minutes ago, BRISTOLCITY26 said:

How big of an impact.

Could you please list:

- Impact rating

- Limited fee size

- How well known

Not taking the mick, just need to know for my answers.

One of his first names on team sheet.

Million and under 

Highly rated based on evidence by fans

I can think of one, Brownhill.

4 hours ago, Super said:

I'm not sure I want him sacked but this is probably the least enthusiastic I have been about a season in a very long time. If we are all honest he isn't going to succeed here and if we are going out of this league it's going to be down not up.

Sorry everyone haven’t read all the pages. 

For me I’ve still hits lots of enthusiasm for the season, but do I see LJ taking us to the Prem?  Probably not. 

Having said that, I don’t think any manager could come to City and be a guaranteed success. 

I actually want to see LJ progress, learn quickly from his mistakes, I still his principles into the football style we play. I really want an identity, one we stick to, one we see correlating with recruitment. 

To some extent I think we have recruited to play football from back to front. The question that we don’t know the answer to is whether the new players will compliment the existing group and ultimately be a better group than last years bunch. 

• Admin
22 minutes ago, BRISTOLCITY26 said:

I won't write anyone a blank cheque and if we are bottom by Christmas as everyone on here is suggesting then I think questions should and will be asked, but until then I can't see the point in giving him so much grief.

Interesting choice of words..... 

"I WON'T WRITE ANYONE A BLANK CHEQUE" 

Is that you Mr L? 

I'd like Lee to succeed here but I just can't see it. As others have said his teams are very inconsistent, transfer incomings are very mixed and I just get the feeling players probably don't respect him enough. He's had time especially after after the comment about needing 3-4 transfer windows to get a team he wants but these bad runs that his teams have are concerning and obviously something to do with his managerial style etc. 

Now if there was a chance of Dean Smith, which there probably is then not many on here would be disappointed 

5 hours ago, Londoner said:

Lee Johnson you have done a great job in stabilising our championship status, in helping us become a standard club for this division and for helping youth develop and become first team regulars, for that you deserve massive credit.

However, the next step for us is to push and progress to the next level, play off candidates and a reputation for being s top championship team....unfortunately you do not know how to help us progress.

We are on another poor run, 3 wins in 20 odd games, you don't know your best formation, you don't know your best starting co, you don't know how to utilise players in their best positions, and ultimately you do not have the knowledge or nouse to create an identity leading to success.

The difference between you and others is obvious. Look at Warnock, real identity with success, look at Dean Smith, outstanding football on a shoe string budget and playoff contenders again.

Lee Johnson will never be accepted as Bristol City manager unless we reach the play offs. The toxic negativity from the Rotherham game shows that when things go wrong the fans will go for him.

Steve, let him Go, and do your best to get Dean Smith into this club.

What utter cack

I would also like Lee Johnson to leave. I believe a stronger coach will do more with this squad. His signings have generally been poor and he goes on streaks that would see him sacked at 90% of other clubs. 

He's brought some moments that will be remembered but have no confidence he is the right man to progress this club forward. 

9 minutes ago, Londoner said:

You are right it's only had 250 replies....including yours.

The number of replies doesn’t make any less boring and pointless.

Its a non starter unless, as I pointed out in a similar dull and pointless thread LJ hits a substantial run of poor results. Then, possibly SL might wield the axe.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The number of replies doesn’t make any less boring and pointless.

Its a non starter unless, as I pointed out in a similar dull and pointless thread LJ hits a substantial run of poor results. Then, possibly SL might wield the axe.

Let's leave the conversation there.

5 hours ago, Londoner said:

Lee Johnson you have done a great job in stabilising our championship status, in helping us become a standard club for this division and for helping youth develop and become first team regulars, for that you deserve massive credit.

However, the next step for us is to push and progress to the next level, play off candidates and a reputation for being s top championship team....unfortunately you do not know how to help us progress.

We are on another poor run, 3 wins in 20 odd games, you don't know your best formation, you don't know your best starting co, you don't know how to utilise players in their best positions, and ultimately you do not have the knowledge or nouse to create an identity leading to success.

The difference between you and others is obvious. Look at Warnock, real identity with success, look at Dean Smith, outstanding football on a shoe string budget and playoff contenders again.

Lee Johnson will never be accepted as Bristol City manager unless we reach the play offs. The toxic negativity from the Rotherham game shows that when things go wrong the fans will go for him.

Steve, let him Go, and do your best to get Dean Smith into this club.

**** me here we go again.

Tell you what. Let’s mount a protest. Let’s get the bed sheets out again.....

How many games in are we? What were you and the rest of your ilk spouting at the beginning of the year? This sort of shit?

Me? I’ve missed all the games so far thus season and I won’t be there Saturday either. Better things to do - off in me VW bus with my beautiful Mrs.

I’m still backing LJ though. He’s not the problem in BS3......

34 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yet another dull and pointless  thread..................so boring.............:sleeping:............and tiresome...........:fastasleep:

Jesus Christ. We agree ?

22 minutes ago, longyears said:

Lee has achieved nothing as a manager. He has never won a promotion and he has never won a trophy of any sort His record in the transfer market ignoring the sale of players he inherited is little short of a farce. His record in the loan market bar one player is even worse. Why anyone thinks he will succeed as a championship manager almost beggars belief - based on what ?

Truth is at any other club he would be long gone. Quite why SL thinks he is the answer again beggars belief.

The above is factual - if you wish to shoot me down please be factual also !

This post sums it up, won nothing, going nowhere - mediocre career as a player and has done nothing as a player or manager to suggest he will be a success. He's had support from SL that very few. EFL managers enjoy.

He's had

Time

Free reign to appoint new coaching staff

Revamped top class training facilities

Allowed to sign almost 50 players

5 windows

Inherited a nucleus of good players ( Kodgia Flint Pack Smith Bryan ) to build the basis of a good side or sell and reinvest the fees.

What else does he need?

40 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting choice of words..... 

"I WON'T WRITE ANYONE A BLANK CHEQUE" 

Is that you Mr L? 

Going off at a tangent, no one uses cheques anymore, in fact the phrase "get the cheque book out" only exists in football circles because "come on Steve, get the online banking transfer done" doesn't quite have the same impact.

Thank you for reading now carry on

I am still with Johnson, but he has to step up and deliver some results over the next 10 games otherwise the atmosphere will be toxic down AG. A lot on here have already lost patience with him, and to be fair, understand why. Too many good players have left in too short a time! Something is amiss.

A bad result Saturday and there will be meltdown on OTIB.

24 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

I am still with Johnson, but he has to step up and deliver some results over the next 10 games otherwise the atmosphere will be toxic down AG. A lot on here have already lost patience with him, and to be fair, understand why. Too many good players have left in too short a time! Something is amiss.

A bad result Saturday and there will be meltdown on OTIB.

The reason Bryan, Flint and Reid have left was because they all grew under LJs management. They developed...we stood out in games, and those individuals shone in certain games. We got noticed on the wider public stage. Other managers took note and were prepared to pay far more wages, and those players took the opportunity to either play in the Premium and get much more money, or in Flints case more money.

All were offered contracts...nothing amiss at the club...you aren't going to keep players if you can't match the wages or stop players wanting to challenge themselves at a higher level.

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

The reason Bryan, Flint and Reid have left was because they all grew under LJs management. They developed...we stood out in games, and those individuals shone in certain games. We got noticed on the wider public stage. Other managers took note and were prepared to pay far more wages, and those players took the opportunity to either play in the Premium and get much more money, or in Flints case more money.

All were offered contracts...nothing amiss at the club...you aren't going to keep players if you can't match the wages or stop players wanting to challenge themselves at a higher level.

Agree with all you say... just such a shame that LJ's hapless management took us from genuine promotion contenders to mid-table nobodies in the second half of last season. Had we at least got in the play-offs (which from our position at Xmas should have been the least achievement), those players might have had a belief they could reach the premier league without moving on. 

As for this season, having seen all 3 games, think we have enough not to go down but can't see us getting anywhere near the top 6. Not that I expect that will see LJs position under threat, after all he has the ready made excuse of losing our best 3 players.

Archived