IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Time To Go

Londoner

5 minutes ago, J D said:

And not because Boro are better than us?

They weren’t better than us for a large part of last season, especially when we beat them...players leave for bigger salaries at our level....I bumped into an ex City striker on holiday a few years ago, had a chat with him, he said his sole ambition in football was to be transferred as often as possible so he get as many signing on fees as possible.....

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They weren’t better than us for a large part of last season, especially when we beat them...players leave for bigger salaries at our level....I bumped into an ex City striker on holiday a few years ago, had a chat with him, he said his sole ambition in football was to be transferred as often as possible so he get as many signing on fees as possible.....

Do you reckon at 29 he would have left Boro for us ?

8 minutes ago, RumRed said:

So the question becomes why are Boro better than us?

Because they have more money than us, so they can buy better players than we can. 

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They were better than us last season though,  as proven by the table. 

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

Do you reckon at 29 he would have left Boro for us ?

Exactly.

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What’ was Nicky Maynard like , in person BS4 ?

35 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Go away for a bit and well.

I'm on me phone so apologies if formatting is off

To start I've not actually critisised anything other than the perennially toxic nature of this thread and others, hihlighted by a number of threads and posts on here.

Genuinely if people hate the team, the management and the owner so much then why do they bother.

It's like the very worst of relationships that causes MH issues and it's clear it's exacerbated here 

Anyone who continues in an unhealthy codependency with a football team tying their teams success into their own is going to run in to trouble. There's loads of studies out there supporting this starting with Heart Attacks at Fiorentina in the early mid 90s.

So what I'm saying is cut yourselves some slack.

Well great for you writing everything off and dooming yourself for failure already 

I'll enjoy a healthy relationship where I'm not going to get bent out of shape and frustrated with a team that hasnt done anything of note in wider football terms in my lifetime and enjoy seeing where we go. Makes support a hell of a lot easier.

She...

See my opening response 

So, your using the past to determine that which hasnt happened yet as your marker.

You've also written 3 players off who did a lot for the team or are actually starting to deliver.

Then the big thing that everyone seems to ignore is that at season 5 at this level I think.. Ill stand corrected, our current manager hasnt actually got us relegated, which for us is actually an achievement given our history. If we make this season, he's actually one of our most successful managers, ever for doing that. 

Yup we have issues, yip we arent perfect. However we seem to have lost sight of ourselves high on the promise of the Premiershit (havent watched it in years, really dont care) rather than the riches in front of us.

Certainly the most expensive squad we've ever had, remaining competative in a league where we arent a big fish and able to dominate games, but not quite get things right, yet.

It will click, we will win games and we will see where we end up. 

Lot easier and restful supporting that way than hate and resentment at a team who've never given what they promised.

Have a great night 

Love your chilled approach and after 40+ years of this I suppose I should be able to develop such calmness myself. However this was a team today that was beaten before it set foot on the turf. Don’t know why but I suppose us fans have some responsibility too. 

This squad is not good enough. No creativity and no goals. The defence is carp too. It looks like a relegation group to me. 

There were some positives today. Kelly  won his battle with Asolonga (sp) and Weimann was busy. Mistakes killed us but generally this is looking dire. Let’s give it five games but it if no improvement then we have to change it up. 

44 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Bob......you tend to pass comment of lots players ability when you or any of us have barely seen any of them play over a number of games. 

I guess you consider yourself an expert on players ‘intial’  performances.......

In my considerable experience of seeing numerous players come and go over many years I realise that some players start poorly but gradually improve as they adapt to their new environment over a number of games.

The opposite applies to. They start impressively but over a number of games their game loses its intial enthusiasm to impress.

Thats why I often comment on here that it’s premature to evaluate a player until they’ve played 12 - 15 games but you seem to seem to think that your powers of assessing a player are superior to everyone else’s.

Robbo

i like to watch individual players and probably do give a lot of initial impressions

(That word initial again - would you like me to explain or are you able to look it up via Google)

Judge ?

Totall different thing and comes at a later stage after sustained views

Can views change - absolutely

Consider myself an expert ?

Not at all

I Did work for a number of years for a number of Clubs and in particular for one well known manager scouting (The reason I like to watch individuals rather than the flow of a game often)

Does that make me an expert or a good judge ?

No - not at all - all it means is they / he were more than happy with my opinions

I judge your opinions by what you post 

Most of which are laughable whether 12 / 15 games or 5 years in

Hope that clarifies 

36 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Bit of a weird statement BS4.They weren't better than us for a large part of last season,add about another ten teams to that list.We finished eleventh and at one time sat second so what's your point?

3 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Bit of a weird statement BS4.They weren't better than us for a large part of last season,add about another ten teams to that list.We finished eleventh and at one time sat second so what's your point?

I was replying to a post that said Boro are better than us....I just pointed out that they weren’t better than us for a large part of last season when we beat them and were above them....pretty clear I think....

39 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There have been quite a few over the years that needed the signing on fees and moved about quite a bit. For some it was needed to pay off their gambling debts.

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I was replying to a post that said Boro are better than us....I just pointed out that they weren’t better than us for a large part of last season when we beat them and were above them....pretty clear I think....

But they were better than us,they finished in the play offs,if you look at the tables from January on we were better but it's the final table that matters not the one when we were better.

2 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

But they were better than us,they finished in the play offs,if you look at the tables from January on we were better but it's the final table that matters not the one when we were better.

That’s why I said we were better than them “for a large part of last season” - which is true....

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s why I said we were better than them “for a large part of last season” - which is true....

Without meaning to be pedantic but it means absolutely jackshit because we were better than a lot of teams "for a large part of last season"

I judge your opinions by what you post 

As I do yours and whilst you watch individual players I watch the flow of the game. That’s why I think it’s takes a number of games to gather enough information on any particular player to form an opinion.

Im delighted that you’re  perceptive enough form an opinion on players you’ve seen two or three times or as in the case of of our new signings, not at all.

Quite a skill. Fair play to you.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

As I do yours and whilst you watch individual players I watch the flow of the game. That’s why I think it’s takes a number of games to gather enough information on any particular player to form an opinion.

Im delighted that you’re  perceptive enough form an opinion on players you’ve seen two or three times or as in the case of of our new signings, not at all.

Quite a skill. Fair play to you.

Clearly on one of your moronic WUM posting sessions

Maybe you’d like to point out where I’ve given even an initial view on a player I’ve not seen

any one example

Maybe if you opened your eyes you’d have a better understanding of both the game and individuals

I

have never known a claimed football fan of so many claimed years who has less of a clue

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Clearly on one of your moronic WUM posting sessions

You made error in assessing me tonight Bob despite having read numerous amounts of my posts over several years.

Im not in the slightest in a wind up mood - I’m far more likely to be in the mornings when I’m at my most cutting. 

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You made error in assessing me tonight Bob despite having read numerous amounts of my posts over several years.

Im not in the slightest in a wind up mood - I’m far more likely to be in the mornings when I’m at my most cutting. 

You seem to misunderstand 

I am more than  clear , and comfortable in my assessment of you / your understanding of the game

Im done with you and your constant drivel again

5 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

If you can make it over to Corfu next week I'll have 'em lined up on the bar 

Ewwwww nice

You living there ?

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You seem to misunderstand 

I am more than my clear in my assessment of you

Im done with you and your constant drivel again

Ewwwww nice

You living there ?

For a while mate but missing the ST in S24. Popped home for the Man City game last season and treated the lad and myself to a corporate hospitality package.With flights and tickets was a fair old whack but what a great night,only the result ruined it.

Archived