IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Time To Go

Londoner

...to go around at the end of games and take a bit of credit himself for the style of play and the decent football.

Thanks LJ. thanks for the good start to our campaign, young man

PS I wanted him gone after Preston 5-0, and even towards the end of last season wasnt convinced.

But i'm becoming one who does realise our limitations in this money crazy league..

No, I think he's well worthy of a bit of praise tonight.

On 26/08/2018 at 15:49, pillred said:

for all those wanting lee out, according to the mail on Sunday report on our game, Gary Johnson is our manager! 

If he's a Mail reader, Robbored will require medial attention after reading this.

36 minutes ago, Super said:

3 wins in a row doesnt change my view that he wont take us up however credit today he sorted out the team at Half time.

He might take us up, he might not. 

Theres not a single manager on the planet who would bring us guaranteed promotion, so I’m pretty happy with our continued, steady improvement. Building the club and footballing ethos the right way, to be sustainable and with a certain level of continuity. 

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

...to go around at the end of games and take a bit of credit himself for the style of play and the decent football.

Thanks LJ. thanks for the good start to our campaign, young man

PS I wanted him gone after Preston 5-0, and even towards the end of last season wasnt convinced.

But i'm becoming one who does realise our limitations in this money crazy league..

No, I think he's well worthy of a bit of praise tonight.

That was the point where I suggested to SL via Twitter that he should change the “project manager”.

I started a clean slate thread at the start of the summer and LJ well in credit at the mo.  Long may it continue.  He’s not perfect, but he’s doing a good job currently.

Last season we were very good until january. Then the long bad run came. Football is like life, ups and downs. Think our manager have thought what went wrong last seasons second half. Like we have patience with our players think we do the same thing with our manager. We have and still are in progress, the team we have today is not complete but I think we are on the right track. The players that come in and the way we play, think that LJ have the ability to make a strong group and a strong team. He has the support from the board and can build the team without stress and panic. Dont say he is a super manager but think he and the Club doing more than ok. The long bad run we had was good for him and others when we look at it know. Football as life is about learning. COYR!!!

3 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Last season we were very good until january. Then the long bad run came. Football is like life, ups and downs. Think our manager have thought what went wrong last seasons second half. Like we have patience with our players think we do the same thing with our manager. We have and still are in progress, the team we have today is not complete but I think we are on the right track. The players that come in and the way we play, think that LJ have the ability to make a strong group and a strong team. He has the support from the board and can build the team without stress and panic. Dont say he is a super manager but think he and the Club doing more than ok. The long bad run we had was good for him and others when we look at it know. Football as life is about learning. COYR!!!

Forest Gump said that Bristol City is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get!

I was lucky enough to be around when City played those four seasons in the top flight. Brilliant memories as anyone who were there will say. I remember also the years leading up to that promotion. Without doubt I would say we were lucky there was'nt the same media/internet giving our keyboard warriors the opportunity to vent their spleens as they do now. I am sure they would have hounded out Alan Dicks before he had time to finish his team building. I remember the crowds singing Dicks out on more than one occasion.The same could also be said of Alex Ferguson who was also under extreme pressure to go. History rewritten because of the keyboard warrior.No matter who we have as manager, i want them to succeed. Its great to see young players in the team but those players can bring inconsistency. A time for patience that is not given by our instant gratification keyboard warriors. We can all be frustrated at times during games but also be out of our seats cheering. As I was against Blackburn. We are playing in the Championship, a great standard of football and improving. I also wonder if Harry Dolman would have put up with the same abuse that is aimed at SL. I think not. COYR

You have to hand it Londoner, he is nothing if not consistent...... Just a couple of examples, he posts this just before we win 3 in a row, and in the Taylor Moore thread he was adamant the lad wouldn't sign a new contract the day before he extended it by a year. Personally I would like him to come on here and predict us to be relegated and knocked out the 3rd round of the FA Cup by Arsenal.... That would set us up for a great season. :) 

He is consistently a muppet. He surely cannot be a City fan can he and this is all just some wind up? Nobody can so say support a team and be negative about everything they post on here like Londoner. Every fan of every club dislikes certain things and vents some anger when it is going horribly wrong, but nothing like this bloke. Just 3 games into a season with a side who have a few new players, who have hardly played competitively together plus after selling our 3 best players for fortunes (who have been replaced by cheaper options),  and the manager should be sacked!!

Now I would half agree if we spent what the likes of Bruce has spent at Villa over the years, squads of Stoke, Boro, West Brom, Leeds etc - but still not 3 games in. Like I say he is either a fan of another club and on a wind up or completely clueless. You decide....

For about 2 or 3 seasons we've been saying we want us to be:

• More streetwise - see Swansea away
  • Have more of a back-bone - see QPR away game control and Bolton away comeback
  • Be more clinical and take our chances - see Blackburn home and joint 4th goals scored

After the Boro game, which we dominated 70% of the possession, I said I'd be happy for us to sacrifice possession for goals and many wanted us to be more direct - the flip side is less possession at times, so we're going to be under the cosh in games sometimes like against QPR and Blackburn, fine, as long as we continue to show we've got the organisation and mental strength to survive that and go up the other end and score.

How many times have we played nice football and be well in games, for the opposition to go up the other end and sucker punch a goal? What's been good so far this season is that we seem that bit more streetwise and experienced. For some reason yesterday reminded me of City losing 4-2 (I think) at Birmingham the first season we came up. We still had a bit of promotion confidence and had chances but they were more clinical and that's what we did to Blackburn yesterday.

I also felt that at the start of the season we had a stronger squad, despite losing 3 key players. That was laughed at but I still think the start we've had, including having 3/4 first team players injured or suspended shows signs that hopefully that prediction is correct.

Still we're not even at 10 games yet, so many twists and turns, the Sheff Utd game is a massive test, but surely confidence will be high and - key word - the progression - seems to be evident.

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Is @Londoner not going to contribute his latest in depth, academically superior, updated opinion to this thread...?

I doubt it. Not until we’ve lost again, at least..! 

He's keeping his powder dry and has everything prepared to cut and paste,  in the certain knowledge that every victory brings us ever closer to the next defeat.

32 minutes ago, hail gus cesaer said:

So In same way Swindon won the league in November a few years back, 

Did we get relegated in August this season?

Some had us relegated before the season started and once we'd sold Reid, Flint and Bryan.

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

For about 2 or 3 seasons we've been saying we want us to be:

• More streetwise - see Swansea away
  • Have more of a back-bone - see QPR away game control and Bolton away comeback
  • Be more clinical and take our chances - see Blackburn home and joint 4th goals scored

After the Boro game, which we dominated 70% of the possession, I said I'd be happy for us to sacrifice possession for goals and many wanted us to be more direct - the flip side is less possession at times, so we're going to be under the cosh in games sometimes like against QPR and Blackburn, fine, as long as we continue to show we've got the organisation and mental strength to survive that and go up the other end and score.

How many times have we played nice football and be well in games, for the opposition to go up the other end and sucker punch a goal? What's been good so far this season is that we seem that bit more streetwise and experienced. For some reason yesterday reminded me of City losing 4-2 (I think) at Birmingham the first season we came up. We still had a bit of promotion confidence and had chances but they were more clinical and that's what we did to Blackburn yesterday.

I also felt that at the start of the season we had a stronger squad, despite losing 3 key players. That was laughed at but I still think the start we've had, including having 3/4 first team players injured or suspended shows signs that hopefully that prediction is correct.

Still we're not even at 10 games yet, so many twists and turns, the Sheff Utd game is a massive test, but surely confidence will be high and - key word - the progression - seems to be evident.

The next 6 games will be more of an indicator as to whether we have a bit more steel and  backbone about us. To win the last 3 games has been encouraging as well as the different tactics and approach LJ has applied. If we are still in the top 6 by November then we may well have reason to be hopeful 

Archived