IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Time To Go

Londoner

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Some merely post on a game by game basis, but sadly are lumped into the same 'faction'.

Many do, but conveniently don’t get around to posting much, when we are doing well. 

Strange how their free time tends to coincide with our bad spells...!    

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Many do, but conveniently don’t get around to posting much, when we are doing well. 

Sorry but if they post on a game by game basis they post on every game?. I know that I do.

Once more I think you are totally confusing people who do this with those who constantly moan about everything and anything and then keep away during bad spells and we know who they are, giving an honest critique should not be vilified by anybody.

23 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I want johnson out, have done for a while and continue to do so, I don't shout about it i just get on with it, my mind is made up about him,

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Sorry but if they post on a game by game basis they post on every game?. I know that I do.

Once more I think you are totally confusing people who do this with those who constantly moan about everything and anything and then keep away during bad spells and we know who they are, giving an honest critique should not be vilified by anybody.

I don’t think anyone has any problem with someone giving a balanced, factual review of the previous 90 mins performance. 

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

winning the champions league

Realistically though I maintain he's a good coach never said otherwise, players improve under him,

He's just not a leader of men

He’s “lead us” into the play off positions. 

I think he’s still learning, of course. 

I can understand some people having reservations. He certainly needs to resolve the prolonged bad spells. 

I do find it very odd that “your mind is made up” though. What if he gets us promoted and established in the Premier league..? Even if we become and sustain a threat to the top of the championship..? 

I believe you are too young, but I’m guessing you’d have “made your mind up” about Alan Dicks, after his first few years too..? 

He’s “lead us” into the play off positions. 

I think he’s still learning, of course. 

I can understand some people having reservations. He certainly needs to resolve the prolonged bad spells. 

I do find it very odd that “your mind is made up” though. What if he gets us promoted and established in the Premier league..? Even if we become and sustain a threat to the top of the championship..? 

I believe you are too young, but I’m guessing you’d have “made your mind up” about Alan Dicks, after his first few years too..? 

no he hasn't, we've never been in the play-offs under him,

I was brought up in the 80's  so no never was here under Dicks,

Like i said he's a good coach but he isn't a leader he wasn't when he was a player and I thought he was a tidy player who came into unjust criticism,

He's got plenty of good points don't get me wrong but I don't believe leadership is one of them, when things are going bad for example, he's far to quick to throw players under the bus (Maggers for example),

Warnock wouldn't do that ('m not saying we should have warnock as manager I'd hate that)  

I don’t think anyone has any problem with someone giving a balanced, factual review of the previous 90 mins performance. 

Strange considering your original reply.

But hey it is a 2 way street and some people support LJ without question and try to suppress any discussion, which is as sad as those who moan about everything.

But I will tell you where I am, I am in the unconvinced camp but still try to be balanced in my view on a game by game basis, I still believe we are light in midfield, however if we continue with the form and tactics of the last 3 games then I will be happy because the higher press, higher energy game suits us and was why were successful last year up until the end of December and we could compete with anybody, however the slower more languid possession based almost creativeless style that crept in from January and appeared in the first 3 games of this season will never work for us, unless we adopt a Wolves type transfer policy to sign players that can play that style in the championship and that ain't going to happen.

Yesterday we even proved that with our centre midfield pairing generally misfiring at the business end of their task, they were more productive in an attacking sense in and around the box and both weighing in with a goal, the point being that because of the higher press we got away with their below par overall performance.

LJ don't change back please.

11 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Strange considering your original reply.

But hey it is a 2 way street and some people support LJ without question and try to suppress any discussion, which is as sad as those who moan about everything.

I don't think that's true at all actually. From what I can see on here, some posters tend to rally round LJ when there's unfair criticism, but I don't notice anyone who has no concerns at all about his management. No obvious suppressing of discussion.

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't think that's true at all actually. From what I can see on here, some posters tend to rally round LJ when there's unfair criticism, but I don't notice anyone who has no concerns at all about his management. No obvious suppressing of discussion.

I suppose that depends on what you consider to be unfair criticism and yes there is a fair bit, but by the same token there is also a fair bit of over egging LJ's so called achievements, incredible excuse making and sometimes even ignoring the facts.

I am in the unconvinced camp and will remain there until at least the end of the season, because that is when I will know whether or not LJ has finally banished his roller coaster managerial record.

But for the moment I am happy because of the way we have performed over the past 3 games.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I suppose that depends on what you consider to be unfair criticism and yes there is a fair bit, but by the same token there is also a fair bit of over egging LJ's so called achievements, incredible excuse making and sometimes even ignoring the facts.

I am in the unconvinced camp and will remain there until at least the end of the season, because that is when I will know whether or not LJ has finally banished his roller coaster managerial record.

But for the moment I am happy because of the way we have performed over the past 3 games.

I think there are very few posters who think LJ is a genius or an outstanding manager.

Thrre are however quite a few like me who feel his overall record is good enough not to justify chucking him out any time we have a poor run.

Looking at the bigger picture, he has achieved steady progress on a moderate budget. Sacking him because we have a couple of bad months in there doesn’t make sense. Unless you’re a pessimist who “knows” that there won’t be another good run ever again (which covers a lot of people).

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Do you think it's a skill you can acquire? I do, although definitely comes more naturally to some.

Agree, its a skill you can acquire but like most talents in life, if you don't have natural abilities in that area you need to work hard at it to get there.  My hope is that he learns from these difficult periods and it 'hardens' him to not be so soft.  Obviously don't know him personally but doesn't come across as someone who is hard on his players when it's needed.

Personally, I like what LJ is doing, the football played at times is streets ahead of the pre-Cotterill days, I mean, we witnessed some absolute crap in our last time in the Championship before we were relegated, least not under O'Driscoll and the short lived Coppell.  LJ does have some weaknesses and needs to learn how to 'stop the rot' quicker, so to speak, if he's to crave out a fairly decent career at management level but on the whole players do improve under him and we play a decent possession based game.  The way I look at it, LJ at this moment of time is a middle of the road manager, not great but certainly not bad compared to what we had 5 - 7 years ago.

28 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

There is a "LJ out brigade post here " thread. Seems like some want to suppress the discussion and place it all into one thread they can ignore.

"Us happy clappers want to enjoy the rest of the board..."

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

I think there are very few posters who think LJ is a genius or an outstanding manager.

Thrre are however quite a few like me who feel his overall record is good enough not to justify chucking him out any time we have a poor run.

Looking at the bigger picture, he has achieved steady progress on a moderate budget. Sacking him because we have a couple of bad months in there doesn’t make sense. Unless you’re a pessimist who “knows” that there won’t be another good run ever again (which covers a lot of people).

Firstly let me say that the sacking issue tends to come from the people who this op is mainly aimed at and not the people whom I am defending, so it's a bit of red herring to my point.

But anyway.

Every time he has a poor run.

We have one of the more competitive budgets in our league.

So far about half of each season.

I am trying to weigh up whether the highlighted points fall into over egging or excuses.

I am not a pessimist I am a long standing and mainly long suffering fan, so I expect nothing and hope for more.

5 minutes ago, Sturny said:

There is a "LJ out brigade post here " thread. Seems like some want to suppress the discussion and place it all into one thread they can ignore.

"Us happy clappers want to enjoy the rest of the board..."

Stuff like that shouldn't be taken seriously. All the ridiculous point scoring from one anonymous avatar on a forum to another is pretty sad. I think that thread was probably intended to be a bit of a joke though.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Stuff like that shouldn't be taken seriously. All the ridiculous point scoring from one anonymous avatar on a forum to another is pretty sad. I think that thread was probably intended to be a bit of a joke though.

I would agree apart from the fact that threads like this happen all to often and end up attacking the wrong posters.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I want johnson out, have done for a while and continue to do so, I don't shout about it i just get on with it, my mind is made up about him,

Three on the bounce, and you have made your mind up about him, no wonder you don't shout about it you just get on with and say it.

You are a plonker Monkeh.

On 17/08/2018 at 13:40, KnowleUtd City said:

Sadly so many of you are deluded on here, I can only assume that a good section have only started watching City fairly recently and don't understand where we have been over the years, we are making good progress as a club, the negativity on here is laughable, no wonder all the lads down the ground think this forum is a joke. Get a grip, and get behind the side.

I always thought everything on OTIB was deadly serious.

Mods have been lying to us.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I would agree apart from the fact that threads like this happen all to often and end up attacking the wrong posters.

Silly threads are started by people on both 'sides' though - and there are unquestionably posters who are on here more often after a defeat.

If you post on here as much as we do you know which posters to read and which to scroll past. There are some who are a very good read on here and it remains a really good forum despite the tit-for-tat sillyness about what you feel re: LJ.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Silly threads are started by people on both 'sides' though - and there are unquestionably posters who are on here more often after a defeat.

If you post on here as much as we do you know which posters to read and which to scroll past. There are some who are a very good read on here and it remains a really good forum despite the tit-for-tat sillyness about what you feel re: LJ.

Robbored is around tonight if you fancy a pint.

23 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Can relate to this a lot. Many people seem to get carried away with our current form and it's like they're ignoring the past two seasons where we've seen this all before and subtly ended with a 8-10 losing streak. Guess I've just learnt not to get carried away with LJ. 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

winning the champions league

Realistically though I maintain he's a good coach never said otherwise, players improve under him,

He's just not a leader of men

How on Earth do you know that? Anyway is a 'leader of men' type of thing the requirement..whatever that would be, or is it a coach who can think about the game and transmit that to his players, the tub thumping hair dryer smashing cups type went...possibly with Dad.  

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Threads against LJ are taken seriously 

3 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Can relate to this a lot. Many people seem to get carried away with our current form and it's like they're ignoring the past two seasons where we've seen this all before and subtly ended with a 8-10 losing streak. Guess I've just learnt not to get carried away with LJ. 

Who can’t get carried away with it! 3 wins in 3 we’re never going to lose again!

E I E I E I O

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

How on Earth do you know that? Anyway is a 'leader of men' type of thing the requirement..whatever that would be, or is it a coach who can think about the game and transmit that to his players, the tub thumping hair dryer smashing cups type went...possibly with Dad.  

Look.

Lets give him another 15 years, and IF he does not win the Champions League, as the Monkster says, then he can be judged.

Lets just see how we get on in the Europa League: lets not run before we can walk.

FFS.

My support of Lee is not unconditional, it could never be with any Head Coach at Ashton Gate, but to have a blinkered view now, just now when we are 6th and have won THREE in a row is just not the time to cast a shadow over his tenure. It's almost as if the doubters want us to lose just to cement their views that they are right. But they don't have a plan B , that is getting a coach in that would improve on what we have, so if they have I would love to know who when and how.

Of course they don't we all know that, so just get behind Lee and see where that takes us.

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

My support of Lee is not unconditional, it could never be with any Head Coach at Ashton Gate, but to have a blinkered view now, just now when we are 6th and have won THREE in a row is just not the time to cast a shadow over his tenure. It's almost as if the doubters want us to lose just to cement their views that they are right. But they don't have a plan B , that is getting a coach in that would improve on what we have, so if they have I would love to know who when and how.

Of course they don't we all know that, so just get behind Lee and see where that takes us.

There is no one available for us at the moment who can take us further. LJ has done a good job here. Room for improvement yes, but he’s hardly been a disaster. 

Archived