IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Time To Go

Londoner

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

winning the champions league

Realistically though I maintain he's a good coach never said otherwise, players improve under him,

He's just not a leader of men

I don't know why I am posting this because as you say, your mind is made up..... but

Leadership comes in many different forms, some lead by example, some from a position of strength, some from generating popularity,  some from creating a dictatorship and many more. To say someone is not a leader of men is a strange statement because you are saying that someone doesn't fit into many categories. As head coach he appears from the outside to lead two teams effectively, the one on the pitch and the coaching team. 

There is one point I would like to make, that I think means he has some leadership qualities about him,  during each of the bad runs there was never a point where I felt the players weren't playing for him. I have seen teams in the past that had clearly given up on their leader,  but not since Johnson took over, no matter how poor our form it was never from a lack of effort. 

2 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

My support of Lee is not unconditional, it could never be with any Head Coach at Ashton Gate, but to have a blinkered view now, just now when we are 6th and have won THREE in a row is just not the time to cast a shadow over his tenure. It's almost as if the doubters want us to lose just to cement their views that they are right. But they don't have a plan B , that is getting a coach in that would improve on what we have, so if they have I would love to know who when and how.

Of course they don't we all know that, so just get behind Lee and see where that takes us.

I see this a lot. We really don't. The only people to come in and give it all the "I told you so" are the LJ w@nk off brigade. 

I'm staying grounded, very grounded. As with LJ the results behind him mean diddly to the next game. 

1 minute ago, Londoner said:

Sorry been busy decided to stay in Venice for another week.

Results are going well since you left. Can you apply for citizenship? 

5 minutes ago, ... said:

Look.

Lets give him another 15 years, and IF he does not win the Champions League, as the Monkster says, then he can be judged.

Lets just see how we get on in the Europa League: lets not run before we can walk.

FFS.

Tongue in cheek, but no way should any coach have job security to the detriment of results.... And yet Lee kept his job with that bad run, when surely he should have been sacked, I wanted him gone, as most did, but the boss saw something in him, and he didn't pull the trigger, this had to make him a better coach I am sure, you learn as you go along, but in this game it was a remarkable escape for him. This is why this club is a bit special, and why are City.

5 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I see this a lot. We really don't. The only people to come in and give it all the "I told you so" are the LJ w@nk off brigade. 

I'm staying grounded, very grounded. As with LJ the results behind him mean diddly to the next game. 

Nah.

4 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Head firmly in the sand then....results behind him mean everything, it is the life blood of what is Football, the difference between success and failure, loss 1 drawn 2 Won three, 6th in the league and just played one duff team....not bad is it? and I feel we are getting better as a unit, that second half yesterday was superb, full of movement and confidence, look solid at the back too, which is a real treat, something this team has been missing for years. Lee wants to put his own stamp on things, and he has and he will get batter I am sure.  

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

no he hasn't, we've never been in the play-offs under him,

I was brought up in the 80's  so no never was here under Dicks,

Like i said he's a good coach but he isn't a leader he wasn't when he was a player and I thought he was a tidy player who came into unjust criticism,

He's got plenty of good points don't get me wrong but I don't believe leadership is one of them, when things are going bad for example, he's far to quick to throw players under the bus (Maggers for example),

Warnock wouldn't do that ('m not saying we should have warnock as manager I'd hate that)  

I don’t agree with you, but I appreciate that you have your own sensible opinion and reasoning behind it. 

19 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Sorry been busy decided to stay in Venice for another week.

Thank god you’ve not had to endure the torment of 3 straight wins. That would have been a struggle for you, I’m sure. 

“Another week” how long have you been out there..? Venice is gorgeous, for a few days. A couple of weeks sounds tedious. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Venice is gorgeous, for a few days. A couple of weeks sounds tedious. 

Totally agree, there isn't that much that doesn't appear to be sinking and they have given up on saving........ Personally I find Verona and the Garde Lakes region or Sorrento and Capri far more engaging.

33 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Not at all. There are “I told you so’s” flying around after every result, good or bad, depending on the viewpoint of the posters.

Which is crazy. Every one of us should know by now that our results are as predictable and consistent as the British weather. So it’s a bit like claiming our climate is great or rubbish after a sunny or a rainy day - too shortsighted.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Thank god you’ve not had to endure the torment of 3 straight wins. That would have been a struggle for you, I’m sure. 

“Another week” how long have you been out there..? Venice is gorgeous, for a few days. A couple of weeks sounds tedious. 

I haven't endured any football this season as I'm not going to the gate while we have such ridiculous prices.

Stayed in Venice and Genoa being a big follower of Sampdoria 

53 minutes ago, Londoner said:

I haven't endured any football this season as I'm not going to the gate while we have such ridiculous prices.

Oh I see. Makes your negativity even more unfounded then..! 

Could you do us all a favour and frequent the Sampdoria forum instead..?!

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

The prices of the pies at Ashton Gate are so expensive that I refused to buy one and just had a Lobster salad at Hotel Du Vin instead.

Archived