IGNORED

Lee Johnson - Time To Go

Londoner

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

only because you've lost the debate with youre well reasoned answer,

go on tell us how smith is an improvement on johnson? is it because he can keep his best players? oh wait brentford sell key players every year

is it because brentford always challenge for promotion.... oh wait they've never finished higher then 9th under him 

is it because he's improved their league position every season, oh wait he hasn't 

if you don'#t want to debate just don't bother trolling the forum with your unintelligent narrow minded bullshit 

I can't debate with people who do not understand football. Read some of the other posts quoting Brentford and that will save me wasting my time explaining.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

only way the board will take notice is if attendances and match day revenue drop significantly 

This.

And with circa 15,000 SC holders whilst the seats might be empty, it will take a significant drop in walk in punters to make it clear to SL that the natives are restless.

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

This.

And with circa 15,000 SC holders whilst the seats might be empty, it will take a significant drop in walk in punters to make it clear to SL that the natives are restless.

small bit I'm thinking more along the lines of the kiosks beer and merch 

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

small bit I'm thinking more along the lines of the kiosks beer and merch 

I know we disagree on this, but I think SL will back his man until the atmosphere is obviously toxic and will underwrite falling match day revenue.

An empty stadium in front of Sky however will hurt him.

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

I know we disagree on this, but I think SL will back his man until the atmosphere is obviously toxic and will underwrite falling match day revenue.

An empty stadium in front of Sky however will hurt him.

I don't think it was toxic when Cotts got the boot, more bums on seats with him and o'dismal,

but a combanation of both would do it, it got pretty toxic in Johnson's first full season if I recall when he went on his record breaking run, attendances didn't drop however

18 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

only because you've lost the debate with youre well reasoned answer,

go on tell us how smith is an improvement on johnson? is it because he can keep his best players? oh wait brentford sell key players every year

is it because brentford always challenge for promotion.... oh wait they've never finished higher then 9th under him 

is it because he's improved their league position every season, oh wait he hasn't 

if you don''t want to debate just don't bother trolling the forum with your unintelligent narrow minded bullshit 

1. Finishes higher in the table with smaller transfer and wage budget.

2. Overachieved every season buying nobodies and turning them into assets

3. Irrelevant still does better than they should

As for selling your key players statement that just highlights just how little you understand. 

1 minute ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Easy to say. If your scouting teams come to you with a player that they think can fit into your system and your style of play a la Engvall, and they turn out to be a bit of a dud just tell me exactly how that’s LJs fault?

Are you telling me he doesn't go watch a player before they are signed ?

If he doesn't he should be sacked for negligence, and whatever his failings are as a coach, I don't believe for one moment that he isn't dedicated to his profession so to suggest he simply follows the recommendations of a scout is with respect, nonsense.

I should probably copy and paste this every time someone calls for LJ to go.

Let's say we sack LJ. We need someone to replace him, but that can't just be anyone off the street. It can't even be a standard manager. Since GJ and Coppell, with the exception of Cotterill, the club has operated on a head coach basis, and many top-tier managers with experience of promotion won't want to transition to a head coach role. They need control to get the staff and the players they need to get promotion.

To be fair to our owners, they've given LJ control in areas a lot of head coaches don't usually get. They consulted LJ on coaches, and they got his favoured people in. They also consult him on transfer options. It's likely that if LJ were to go we wouldn't afford the same luxuries to his replacement. It also puts a lot of the current criticism in perspective. Our signings didn't get us to the semi-finals of the league cup - the coach did. The coach didn't balls up our transfer window by selling key players at the same time, our board did.

Ultimately this leaves us with two options. We replace him with a top coach, and one with a history of turning teams around and getting them to play with the kind of tactics that the board want Bristol City to play in, or we hire a manager. Any coach we bring in would probably either be a complete unknown or someone recommended to Lansdown, so it's a risk. Also, I can't see the board wanting to give transfer and staff control over to a manager unless we can bring in someone with proven experience.

So, unless we've got a coach (not a manager, a coach) in mind that is a PROVEN step above LJ, I think LJ should stay until 10th or above is unattainable for him.

49 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Lee Johnson you have done a great job in stabilising our championship status, in helping us become a standard club for this division and for helping youth develop and become first team regulars, for that you deserve massive credit.

We are on another poor run, 3 wins in 20 odd games, you don't know your best formation, you don't know your best starting co, you don't know how to utilise players in their best positions, and ultimately you do not have the knowledge or nouse to create an identity leading to success.

Lee Johnson will never be accepted as Bristol City manager unless we reach the play offs. The toxic negativity from the Rotherham game shows that when things go wrong the fans will go for him.

I know you're the king at these fishing threads at the moment, but I've tried to look at it objectively and actually you've made some reasonable points there. Some I'd agree with a bit.

I've kept in the parts that I think have some truth to them. I agree with the bit about deserving credit, that's true.

I actually think you may have a point about formation, starting 11 and even utilising players - Hegeler for example. Far too early in the season to say much definitively about the setup and team overall though.

Last point - I agree too. I don't think he'll ever be accepted by some, he's very divisive for our supporters. For those who could go either way, it'll take 8th place and up with no winless run to alleviate the doubts.

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

No league defeats so far this season and you want the manager sacked! FFS! 

He’s rebuilding the team, again, after losing key players. 

To even suggest it before 10-15 games are played show that this pure agenda. 

So judge him on the last 10 -15 games, this idea of resetting the clock at the beginning of a new season is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

No league defeats so far this season and you want the manager sacked! FFS! 

He’s rebuilding the team, again, after losing key players. 

To even suggest it before 10-15 games are played show that this pure agenda. 

no league wins, he has to go 

ffs why can't people see that 

7 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Are you telling me he doesn't go watch a player before they are signed ?

If he doesn't he should be sacked for negligence, and whatever his failings are as a coach, I don't believe for one moment that he isn't dedicated to his profession so to suggest he simply follows the recommendations of a scout is with respect, nonsense.

I 100% believe he does. But what’s going to give you more information about a specific target? Watching him for 1 game? Or having a comprehensive report from a team of scouts? 

I firmly feel our scouting team needs replacing and that half of LJs recruits have come from recommendations that he has trusted them with and have been poor recruits.

1 minute ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I 100% believe he does. But what’s going to give you more information about a specific target? Watching him for 1 game? Or having a comprehensive report from a team of scouts? 

I firmly feel our scouting team needs replacing and that half of LJs recruits have come from recommendations that he has trusted them with and have been poor recruits.

Uncle Pete?

I do like the way Smith has Brentford playing and are a joy at times, but so were we 12 months ago for a few months and then the bubble burst (tired and injuries part excuse). I am unsure if he is an upgrade though myself. SOD had teams playing some nice stuff but was a disaster here. 

We have also just sold Flint, Bryan and Reid and unsure what people want this season after seeing 2 games, and without Diedhiou as well. Arguably with Diedhiou we could have won at least one of our league games imo and would be sitting quite nicely. Getting rid of Johnson now would be a ridiculous decision 2 games in with all the new signings plus Diedhiou out.

It wasn't his decision to get rid of those players and replace them with cheaper options, therefore the team as it is definitely needs some time imo. 

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

So judge him on the last 10 -15 games, this idea of resetting the clock at the beginning of a new season is ridiculous.

Why is it? He’s lost his 3 most important players, we done ok against Forest and played some lovely football against Bolton,  the players switched off for the goals v Bolton so hardly LJ fault.

If any of you think SL is suddenly going to change his vision for this club just because a few on here don’t want LJ the your sadly mistaken!!

How did your last protest go when you did not want LJ last time out? A bit embarrassing wasn’t it if memory serves me right!! 

44 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Bad 8 months

If you are including the off season as part of that 8 months (and you have) then you cannot brush aside the preseason games.

Those games weren't great by any stretch, but not particularly bad either.

Equally the 2 league games this season are only 'bad' when made an extension onto last season?

Archived