IGNORED

Away grounds and doing the 92

1960maaan

I went on to https://www.footballgroundmap.com earlier, I had put my details in some time ago, but I was surprised by how few of the 92 grounds I have currently done. I used to travel regularly but for a few years I have done the odd games when I could. At the highest I can recall I was on about 76, now according to them I have done 55/92 even though in total I have done 105 grounds. Now some are non league, and some are no longer here, plus one visit to Pisa as my only foreign ground. But it shows how many teams have moved grounds over the years, it makes it very difficult to actually complete the 92 and anyone who dose complete it I applaud you.
I'd be interested to know if anyone on here has done the lot, I guess it's not for your ordinary football fan but more for a ground hopper. 
I do intend to get a couple of grounds in this year that don't involve City, I hope to get to Goodison before it disappears and we are planning a weekend in Glasgow for a visit to Ibrox. New grounds with City this year could be Villa (unless like the last 2 years something crops up) and maybe Derby and Hull depending on circumstances again. I doubt I'll ever do all 92, but in the meantime I'll enjoy going to new grounds. 
I'm interested to hear how close you guys are to the 92 and if we have any ground hoppers out there.

4 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm a bit of a ground geek. I have done 89 out of the 92 and  230 odd in total. Was chuffed Rovers got QPR away as that will make it 172 different grounds with The Gas.

Decent going that. I have done 82/92. Swansea next week will be 83. Done around 90 grounds (old and new V teams at all levels) with City and 171 grounds in total. Done a fair few England games which help

1 minute ago, antlers said:

Decent going that. I have done 82/92. Swansea next week will be 83. Done around 90 grounds (old and new V teams at all levels) with City and 171 grounds in total. Done a fair few England games which help

Just had a recount and QPR will actually be my 173rd with Rovers. Not that I'm obsessive or anything :)

15 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm a bit of a ground geek. I have done 89 out of the 92 and  230 odd in total. Was chuffed Rovers got QPR away as that will make it 173 different grounds with The Gas.

Impressive :worship2:, do anything to see a proper ground then ;)

10 minutes ago, antlers said:

I'm away next weekend or Swansea would be a new one for me too. Bloody Wigan moving to a Friday buggers that one and last year Derby moving to the Friday not only meant I missed a new one but cost a lot in Train fair when we changed the tickets to Burton.

4 minutes ago, glynriley said:

A few of those for home games....

Even I've seen his lot at 3  4 different grounds, well I got thrown out before the game kicked off t the Gate but I paid to get in :yes:

Edit , can't count ?

15 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm a bit of a ground geek. I have done 89 out of the 92 and  230 odd in total. Was chuffed Rovers got QPR away as that will make it 173 different grounds with The Gas.

I take it you must be looking forward to the, not too distant, day when Rovers go bust and have to reform as a team in the Gloucestershire County League. Plenty of local derbies so not too far to travel and some of the grounds have proper stands 

61 current league grounds out of 66. That's clubs, so I was counting the old Burnden Park for Bolton for example although that's now academic having visited the impressively named University of Bolton Stadium last week.

I thought I was doing alright until I did a quick count up.  How wrong can you be.

18 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Swansea will be my 61st - but those trips to Bootham Crescent, Boothferry Park and The Shay...and indeed Burden Park...count for nothing these days...

I wouldn’t say grounds such as The Shay count for nothing. You have an advantage over younger fans - you’ve visited absolute dumps and seen quagmire pitches that are difficult to envisage these days 

Having missed City playing in the 1st (prem) division, I have followed home and away for over 27 years so have visited a lot of grounds including clubs that have moved and visited both  but missed Man U, Spurs,Chelsea,Everton etc in fact I have been to more non league grounds watching City than top Premiership.

So I would love us to spend some time in the premiership and it would be cheaper as they can only charge £30 for away fans. 

Been to 77 of the existing ones and seen matches on 100 ish ( due to ground movers and teams going out the league). Still not been to the Mem for footy but did the other two. Need to make sure that the Mem is not 92, wouldn’t feel right! Only one new one this season and that is Stoke. 51 years to get this far and not convinced it will ever happen. Bloody parents evening last year meant I missed the Ethihad ?

When I left England 6 years ago I was mid 50s. 

Now I'm down to 42. (43 if walking all the way round the outside of a stadium counts? Which i did when i lived in Newcastle)

Though I can add

Real Madrid , atletico old and new, recretivo huelva, malaga, and Mallorca, and lille In France (In the Russian end, @El Hombrecito  unusual way to add one eh)

For the non match but seen list!!

I pass leganes once a week, seen espanyol from the motorway (Brentford style)and elche is a damn fine stadium for a Spanish lower league club......

Braga in Portugal is also very impressive, 2 side stands with one open end kinda of built into a hill. (I hope to go back this year and see a game)

In hope some will appreciate this.....

The views from Toledo are incredible, once i got to the top,  My focus was to find the football stadium. I succeeded , people were looking at me as if to say you are in a historic city and that's your focus  ?whereas in Grenada I failed ?

Archived