IGNORED

Away grounds and doing the 92

1960maaan

There's quite a few websites that log which grounds you've been to, if you're interested, I had a play with a few of them a couple of seasons ago and must point you to: http://www.doingthe92.com which in my opinion is by far the best.

It's a bit slow (I think it's a hobbyist website), but it produces more interesting stats for you (and some interesting albeit 1990's web-design looking charts and tables of your grounds visited alphabetically, by season, by division, etc).

But the best thing is it can actually show you season by season lists of City fixtures so you simply checkbox the matches you went to, and it automatically builds your record of grounds, working out what ground a club was at for each.

Currently only on 58 (active league grounds) with another 10 or so I've done that became non-league or replaced with newer grounds. Like a few people, Liberty Stadium is the only new one this year - depending who we get in the cup.

On 57 currently (not all with City). Would be 58 but i was ill both of the previous times we played Scunthorpe so despite having tickets already purchased didn’t attend. 

Only 4 grounds in the divison that i haven't done yet and unfortunately i can't do Swansea or milwall this season but hopefully i can get to norwich and west brom.

Most recent loss was chesterfield but tranmere coming back meant my numbers remained the same! I guess ill have to do white hart lane again when it opens though.... 

Isn't it Brentfords last season at their ground this season as well?

12 hours ago, Unan said:

Still never done Loftus Road, probably never will

Horrible ground. Been there once with City and once for the Game for Grenfell charity game. Obviously I sat in the away end, top tier with City which was cramped and restricted view from pillars. For the Grenfell game we had seats right next to the directors box, which was also cramped ( and the directors seats were exactly the same). Worse leg room I have ever experienced, anywhere. Lucky I am only 5’ 3”. Horrendous, horrible place. Giving it a swerve this season. 

I don’t know how many grounds I’ve done, 60 odd maybe. Have lost a load of the old ones which bumps my total down. Going to Swansea so that will be a new one for me. I don’t count them unless I’ve seen a City play there, have been to Swansea twice before for concerts though.

13 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm a bit of a ground geek. I have done 89 out of the 92 and  230 odd in total. Was chuffed Rovers got QPR away as that will make it 173 different grounds with The Gas.

For a supporter of any other club I would say that is pretty good going but if your lot are to be believed there must be tens of thousands of rovers fans who have done around the same?

12 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I wouldn’t say grounds such as The Shay count for nothing. You have an advantage over younger fans - you’ve visited absolute dumps and seen quagmire pitches that are difficult to envisage these days 

I don't know....I can think of one absolute dump that's still open for viewing, and it's not very far away....

5 hours ago, Olé said:

There's quite a few websites that log which grounds you've been to, if you're interested, I had a play with a few of them a couple of seasons ago and must point you to: http://www.doingthe92.com which in my opinion is by far the best.

It's a bit slow (I think it's a hobbyist website), but it produces more interesting stats for you (and some interesting albeit 1990's web-design looking charts and tables of your grounds visited alphabetically, by season, by division, etc).

But the best thing is it can actually show you season by season lists of City fixtures so you simply checkbox the matches you went to, and it automatically builds your record of grounds, working out what ground a club was at for each.

Currently only on 58 (active league grounds) with another 10 or so I've done that became non-league or replaced with newer grounds. Like a few people, Liberty Stadium is the only new one this year - depending who we get in the cup.

Really interesting site - putting all those matches in brings back some memories - but rather more clubs had moved grounds that I realised...been to 56 current grounds from 77 visited.

1 hour ago, City18 said:

Whats the general consensus around new stadiums?

Does visiting the old ground count or do you have to revisit a club if they move/redevelop stadium?

I don’t count them if they move, but do if they redevelop. Eg Ashton Gate is in the same location but of course very, very different, but I would still count them. Newport I wouldn’t count for example as I’ve only been to their old ground, years ago but not to their current, Rodney Parade. I’ve also been to West Ham’s ground for a tour and not to see City, so I don’t count them even though I went to Upton Park/Boleyn Ground. 

I think everyone counts differently though, complicated innit!

Been to 54 out of the current 92 all with City, think I was in the 70,s at one time so many have gone or out of the league, been to 3 non City, Southampton v Millwall at the Dell with a Millwall "mate", Newport v Everton FA cup and Millwall and Cardiff turned up as their game was called off and Bournemouth v Hull( for something to do on a Saturday) and went in the Hull end with about 80 others and I obviously stood out in my white Sergio Tacchini tracksuit top as I got hit over a wall by Bournemouth fans after the game, not my finest hour !!!

23 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm interested to hear how close you guys are to the 92 and if we have any ground hoppers out there.

Between August 1979 and April 83, City played at Nearly all the other 91 grounds, so anyone who went to every City game in that period must be in with a shout.

11 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

I once worked with a woman whose husband insisted that their summer holiday be planned around foreign football grounds to visit not to see a game or anything just to visit the ground.

She has sinced divorced him for unreasonable behaviour

I normally check up to see if I can sneak a game in before we book a  holiday :)

Archived