IGNORED

Joe Bryan, top bloke

Old Rascal

13 hours ago, Old Rascal said:

Just wanted to put on here what Joe is doing for some City fans.

My daughter buys a new home shirt every season. For several seasons her favourite player has been Joe, so it’s his number and name across the back and she usually gets him to sign it.

This year, fully aware he was likely to leave, she waited until the squad numbers came out and because he had No 3 again, decided to have his name on the back. Of course he left a couple of days later and she was gutted.

She decided to go into the club shop today and ask if they can take his name off her new shirt or exchange it. The staff there said it wasn’t a problem, as Joe will pick up the tab for fans to change their shirts if they had his name on the back! They took her old shirt and gave her a new one free. Plus returned the cost of printing his name and number on the back!

What a top bloke and what a fantastic gesture!

What a lovely gesture, absolutely need for him to do this and the fact he thought about it and set this up is great. I hope this has been well publicized! 

Think he's guranteed himself a place in my FF team for the season ... 

17 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I've not like the "rubbish" or "snake" options since they came in.

They allow the social inadequates to make their fart noises without having to justify their idiot position for others to laugh at.

I’m actually with you on that. Despite being guilty of handing out a couple myself, it seems like the ‘rubbish’ icon has become the new ‘I can’t be bothered to engage in a debate or respond to your points’ response. 

@Tomarse any chance of removing these? I think back when your only choice was to ‘like’ a post worked really well as it stimulated the debate from the other side. 

When you agree with someone you don’t really need to explain why you agree, or have 50 responses all in agreement. When someone feels strongly the other way I’d much rather read their thoughts than seeing a bin icon.

(Just a thought, feel free to rubbish/snake as appropriate)

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’m actually with you on that. Despite being guilty of handing out a couple myself, it seems like the ‘rubbish’ icon has become the new ‘I can’t be bothered to engage in a debate or respond to your points’ response. 

@Tomarse any chance of removing these? I think back when your only choice was to ‘like’ a post worked really well as it stimulated the debate from the other side. 

When you agree with someone you don’t really need to explain why you agree, or have 50 responses all in agreement. When someone feels strongly the other way I’d much rather read their thoughts than seeing a bin icon.

(Just a thought, feel free to rubbish/snake as appropriate)

They've gone as of today.  I was never keen on reintroducing a negative vote down as it got abused last time. Even setting them to neutral didn't help.   

17 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Fair play to him 

Anyone else surprised though that he hasn't put out any kind of thank you message to the club or fans? 

My hunch is he's waiting a wee while to not get a backlash from the Villa fans etc.  

35 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

My hunch is he's waiting a wee while to not get a backlash from the Villa fans etc.  

I thought he did, it was just something like `thanks for all the memories` though. Mind you, Joe was always a bit quirky and understated on social media so I reckon that`s just his way - he`s not one for big expansive `look at me` gestures. After all, all the good stuff he has done down the years has always been publicised by others, never by Joe himself, this being the latest case in point.

On 16/08/2018 at 20:23, Old Rascal said:

Just wanted to put on here what Joe is doing for some City fans.

My daughter buys a new home shirt every season. For several seasons her favourite player has been Joe, so it’s his number and name across the back and she usually gets him to sign it.

This year, fully aware he was likely to leave, she waited until the squad numbers came out and because he had No 3 again, decided to have his name on the back. Of course he left a couple of days later and she was gutted.

She decided to go into the club shop today and ask if they can take his name off her new shirt or exchange it. The staff there said it wasn’t a problem, as Joe will pick up the tab for fans to change their shirts if they had his name on the back! They took her old shirt and gave her a new one free. Plus returned the cost of printing his name and number on the back!

What a top bloke and what a fantastic gesture!

Now I can put a name to  face after all these years. 

Archived