IGNORED

New players

Polly Joke

18 minutes ago, Polly Joke said:

Has anyone got a list of the new players we have signed this season and which club they came from? I missed the Forrest game as I was on holiday and it always takes me a couple of months to get used to new players and there seem to have been so many changes.

TIA 

4b35b7fd2d13ecc30186bae52e4db2eb.png

7 minutes ago, SnozRobin said:

Did we really pay £1m for Watkins?

Not judging/criticising but was a pretty low key signing if we paid that much for him.

Not really £1m isn't much these days, 5 years ago or so would have been like buying someone for £500,000

48 minutes ago, SnozRobin said:

Did we really pay £1m for Watkins?

Not judging/criticising but was a pretty low key signing if we paid that much for him.

Always surprised to read this. 

£1m was a lot for a signing when we bought Soren Anderson.

That was, oh 18 years ago.

£1m is not a lot these days: The league 2 transfer record I believe is, or was £1.5m. League 1 is £2m.

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I'm guessing this is from a wiki page looking at the font etc?

Remember anyone can edit that page

Yes it is. The source for the Watkins £1m fee is BBC Sport:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44503178

The source for the Eisa £1.5m fee is Bristol Post:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-confirm-mo-eisa-1816072

So yeah, make your mind up if you believe the info to be accurate.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

When you think about what we got for Joe, Aden and Bobby, a million or 1.5 mil is peanuts.  Unfortunately, if you pay peanuts, you usually get monkeys and I fear that this looks like the tesult in our case.

Andi Weimann looks good piece of business though.

Really??

It looks like we've bought monkeys?

Webster and Hunt  have had two full League games losing neither. Watkins and Eisa none whilst Adelakun is injured. the idea that they are already monkeys in footballing terms is ridiculous.

If you said that they're no where near as good as what we've sold or even that at best they seem like they may be pretty average then I think you may almost have a point.

Due to outside circumstances, we are rebuilding a new team and it looks like it will take some time.

Archived