IGNORED

What happened to the Snake?

Super

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

He's answered on this thread now, Evil Twin.

Yeah, I saw it but thought the original post might have a longer explanation.

Good decision anyway even if it does upset those members that don’t actually post anything.

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Positive move I think. Didn’t really add anything. To be honest, I think if people can’t articulate why they disagree with someone, there’s no reason to give them an easy route for a half arsed gesture.

Yeah, quite right.

I did start a thread about the bin icon and why posters didn’t explain why they issued one but got so many that I lost count.........:facepalm:

• Admin
17 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Can it not be limited it to a certain number per day? Some people do post some absolute dross that needs rubbishing at times! 

Feel free to articulate your feelings on their absolute dross, rip their point to shreds and counter argue, isn’t that the point of a forum, rather than a miniature picture that doesn’t set out any sort of counter argument.

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Positive move I think. Didn’t really add anything. To be honest, I think if people can’t articulate why they disagree with someone, there’s no reason to give them an easy route for a half arsed gesture.

A lot of truth here. It’s annoyingly when someone rubbishes a comment you make but doesn’t have the balls to back it up with a counter argument.

In some cases it’s obvious why we’re rubbishing stuff and probably doesn’t need further explanation, but at other times it does reduce the quality of the debate and makes it too easy for the trolly types without anything interesting to add.

35 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

A lot of truth here. It’s annoyingly when someone rubbishes a comment you make but doesn’t have the balls to back it up with a counter argument.

In some cases it’s obvious why we’re rubbishing stuff and probably doesn’t need further explanation, but at other times it does reduce the quality of the debate and makes it too easy for the trolly types without anything interesting to add.

I was trashed on one occasion, a couple of weeks ago, by someone who had a community reputation of zero and had only ever posted one comment, that being 18 months ago, yet had the cheek to rubbish quite a few posts on here in recent weeks, the last being the very recent one on Joe Bryan's great gesture regarding shirts purchased bearing his name. 

• Admin
44 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s that londerners fault,apart from a few a lot of people rubbished his thread tother day,guess OTIB has joined the pc brigade and class it is bullying 

Not true, you'd be surprised how many people on here just go through a certain posters threads and snake / rubbish EVERYTHING that person has posted. 

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

People abuse it, people lose it. 

I feel this is a positive development. OTIB has had the feel of a politicised kangaroo court these past few weeks, whereas at its best views will vary but debate is encouraged. 

There will always be a few trolls, argument pickers and multiple accounters, you can’t stop that. But the general feel and level of debate has really nosedived recently. 

44 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not true, you'd be surprised how many people on here just go through a certain posters threads and snake / rubbish EVERYTHING that person has posted. 

I’m sure something as petty & predictable as that won’t bother the recipient. 

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

I was trashed on one occasion, a couple of weeks ago, by someone who had a community reputation of zero and had only ever posted one comment, that being 18 months ago, yet had the cheek to rubbish quite a few posts on here in recent weeks, the last being the very recent one on Joe Bryan's great gesture regarding shirts purchased bearing his name. 

To be honest, I took the (relatively few) rubbishes I got with a sort of pride. Anyone using the rubbish symbol without presenting any kind of argument was basically admitting they didn’t like what someone said but couldn’t actually find reasons to disagree with it. It was essentially an admission of defeat.

2 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Can it not be limited it to a certain number per day? Some people do post some absolute dross that needs rubbishing at times! 

Personally I dislike the rubbish and snake UNLESS people provide a reason.

I am not sensitive so don’t care it I get them but find myself bemused when sometimes you post what you think is a valid point, you get a few likes and then suddenly you get a rubbish and you think why? What is rubbish exactly?

If it was :-

Rubbish

Reason: think your 5-2-3 formation is clearly crap

then all is good but simply being able to add a negative icon with no reason i find frustrating - it’s a forum - debate it as rubbish or at least state why you think so.

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

Personally I dislike the rubbish and snake UNLESS people provide a reason.

I am not sensitive so don’t care it I get them but find myself bemused when sometimes you post what you think is a valid point, you get a few likes and then suddenly you get a rubbish and you think why? What is rubbish exactly?

If it was :-

Rubbish

Reason: think your 5-2-3 formation is clearly crap

then all is good but simply being able to add a negative icon with no reason i find frustrating - it’s a forum - debate it as rubbish or at least state why you think so.

Why have the rubbish in the first place if they have to write out why anyway? Kinda defeats the point of a forum. Might aswell just explain in words rather than relying on an emoji to express your opinion 

Archived