IGNORED

Stuffing tomorrow?

wendyredredrobin

Either a half fit Baker or a full back at centre half, our defence looks a bit shaky to me anyway.  We don't seem to have much up top at the moment, though I think Weimann and Fam might work well together when he is back.  Boro will likely play 5 across the middle nulifying our midfield which seems to be expert at little more than going backwards or sideways,  I have a horrible feeling that tomorrow will not be much fun for City supporters.

Nothing on the bench to pep things up either if we find ourselves chasing the game.

Hope I'm wrong, but Boro are a very good team and I can't see where our inspiration is going to come from at the moment. ☹️

I think we could cause them more problems going forward than we give ourselves credit for. They’re a big defensive side so you’d hope we might get opportunities if we have the conviction to play the quick attacking football we saw at 0-2 vs Bolton and in the first 20 mins or so of Forest. 

If we lose confidence and start pumping it long they’ll mop it up all day. 

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Either a half fit Baker or a full back at centre half, our defence looks a bit shaky to me anyway.  We don't seem to have much up top at the moment, though I think Weimann and Fam might work well together when he is back.  Boro will likely play 5 across the middle nulifying our midfield which seems to be expert at little more than going backwards or sideways,  I have a horrible feeling that tomorrow will not be much fun for City supporters.

Nothing on the bench to pep things up either if we find ourselves chasing the game.

Hope I'm wrong, but Boro are a very good team and I can't see where our inspiration is going to come from at the moment. ☹️

0-3

Flint 38 mins 

4 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Boro were 2.0 to Millwall and only drew level because Millwall's substitutions tipped the game away from them.  Let's hope LJ is on the ball with his subs.

I see a flaw with your hope....its got LJ in it.?

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Im already at glass half empty rather than full.

silly really as its only 3 games in. 

However, all 4 goals conceded have been from crosses and a certain dominant CB arriving tomorrow to fill his boots i think. 

LJ to me is back to tippy tappy tactics but more worryingly allowing full backs to defend very narrowly, hence leaving more room for the very same crosses weve conceded every goal from so far!!!!

CM will be over runif we only play 2 in there too. 

Dont want to be negative already but with zero goal threat as such, im not overly hopeful. Pretty sad for mid-August!!!:facepalm:

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I think we will lose, but not get ‘stuffed’. 

Borough are a good side - but so are we. There will be goals - I predict a 2-1 defeat.  

Are we a good side? I think the jury is out on that one at the moment. 4 wins in 500 games or whatever it is now certainly makes me question that statement.

Archived