IGNORED

Club website content is very poor (Merged)

bcfcnick

2 hours ago, Im_over_ere said:

I have been trying to watch the free highlights this morning and all the link does is take me to the BCTV sign in page. Even after signing in, still cant watch the videos.

Is this unique to me or just another issue with the decline of the service/official web site?

Same problem for me as well, the website seems to have gone backwards so far this season, bit like our back four ?

I was having the same experience...I don't think I have a Bristol Sport account and don't particularly want one - I already have an account to buy tickets and my assumption is that it's not the same thing. Fortunately the highlights are on the club's YouTube channel!

...I'm left scratching my head as to what the 'strategy' is here...seems a right mess to me.

On 18/08/2018 at 01:41, havanatopia said:

More of the nationwide, né, worldwide dumbing down. You see it everywhere. Routinely depressing and we have to forgive the younger generation for they know not how utterly crap at writing they are; the fault lies at Tony Blairs door if you care to read his first manifesto; " university for all, more a levels, we will be the best" ... Supremely easy....lower the standards and reduce the pass percentage" one of the greatest hoodwink policies of any government and the Labour party of Bevan and Attlee would be turning in their graves. Blair of course owes us apologies on a swathe of poor policy decisions; one of which should have sent him to prison. 

Inexorable dumbing down, could have catastrophic consequences in the future. 

was going to give you an emoji but there was not a "aTooFuckingRightOne"

On 20/08/2018 at 12:07, Red Right Hand said:

Anyone else noticed that the line-ups don`t get put on the website any more prior to kick off? Last season they were put on there by about ten past two but now they don`t appear at all. I think they are on twitter but I`m not on that so the first I hear is when Downsey goes through them at about 2:45.

They also tweet the team in numerical rather than formation order. Smacks of someone who’s not got a clue about football 

On 17/08/2018 at 23:59, cidered abroad said:

Last season I pointed out to Adam that the picture of Rob Newman on the Hall of Fame page of the website, is not in fact Rob Newman.

It is David Smith of the 1989-90 promotion team. He said that he got the picture off the internet and that it is correct - Rob Newman.

Well it isn't so perhaps somebody from the club will now sort it out because it's an insult to Rob Newman to leave it as it is.

So second rate aren't we.

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Edit. Changed as I was massively grumpy about this. Did myself no favours with my bike filled agreement with you ?

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Bugs the crap out of me that it doesn’t get laid out in formation order! It’s not that hard to do is it? :blink:

That’s because no-one has any idea how LJ is gonna play them!!!  Last Saturday v Boro you might have expected this order:

Maenpaa

Hunt

Kelly

Pisano

Webster

Brownhill

Smith 

Pack 

Watkins

Paterson

Weimann

Whereas the ones in bold would all have been out of order.

8 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

@Davefevs so whoever is putting the teamsheet up online spends 30 seconds asking LJ or one of the others the formation? Not that hard to do is it? Adam managed it? :) 

I've seen the official team sheets that get handed to the ref and the press, I'm pretty sure these are listed in formation so why can't they just copy what's on that?

12 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

@Davefevs so whoever is putting the teamsheet up online spends 30 seconds asking LJ or one of the others the formation? Not that hard to do is it? Adam managed it? :) 

Yeah that annoys me too. Small thing, but pretty irritating. @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO can this be fed back? I see lots of people on Twitter complaining about it too.

The reason we don’t put the formation up is not to give any insight to the opposition with regard how the team is going to be set up. 

Appreciate that this may be frustrating for fans but it’s the small things that could give the team an advantage come kick off. 

A good example is Tuesday night. Would QPR have guessed that Lloyd Kelly & Eros Pisano would have switched positions from the weekends match? A formation announced before kick off would have given them this detail. 

All team sheets this season have had the formation removed. See attached.

51115B61-2D29-4B5E-A3CC-4A2785D30961.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

The reason we don’t put the formation up is not to give any insight to the opposition with regard how the team is going to be set up. 

Appreciate that this may be frustrating for fans but it’s the small things that could give the team an advantage come kick off. 

A good example is Tuesday night. Would QPR have guessed that Lloyd Kelly & Eros Pisano would have switched positions from the weekends match? A formation announced before kick off would have given them this detail. 

Any chance you could get the line-ups posted on the website when they`re announced like they were last season Matt? I don`t do twitter (and have no intention of ever being on it) so I for one would appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Ta Matt.  I’m actually glad about that, it used to bug me that we’d put our formation on team sheets (ditto opponents).  And actually it becomes irrelevant as 1 minute in the manager might change it anyway as he’s spotted something to exploit.

41 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Any chance you could get the line-ups posted on the website when they`re announced like they were last season Matt? I don`t do twitter (and have no intention of ever being on it) so I for one would appreciate it.

Hello, just spoken to the media team and you should see this on the club website from today. 

Dear Matt Parsons,

Could you put Lee Johnson's press conference interviews up in full, unedited, like last season?

Saves us going to the Bristol Post website and is more traffic for you, as you are providing a better service. Saves you editing them. As media outlets report the whole content anyway it is all in the public domain. You gain nothing by taking bits out.

I think most City fans would appreciate this.

Thanks,

Boston Red

Archived