IGNORED

The Bristol City v Middlesbrough Match Day 3

Firstly let me say we have the best player on the pitch in Marlon Pack, he is just terrific and I suspect Pulis would love to sign him.

Secondly we really do play some very pretty football but time and again the same thing happens we totally run out of ideas/creativity in and around the opponents penalty area, all we have to show for our pretty football is 2 half chances both way off target and bog standard BCFC free kick also way off target. Our final pass and crossing is piss poor again.

Now onto our defending, both goals had their roots in an unnecessary breakdown in our pretty football in the opponents half and then confounded by piss weak defending, Hunt looks great going forward but a liability defensively, he had a weak hand in both of their goals and nearly gave another way with a sloppy pass.

In a word we look brittle.

Watkins and of course Paterson struggling to get into the game.

And note to commentator don't call us ******* Bristol again, we are Bristol City or City FFS.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, B block said:

How many players gas he bought, I read previously it was 37 ? But I’m not sure what the number is now or if that’s true,

bob do you know ? 

37? Madness. I like Johnson, I appreciate he loves the club, no bad blood but think this run has gone on too long. I've never called for him to go but think he needs to. It's not been 4 games but 24.

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Disagree slightly. Pisano out of position, not his fault. Kelly, entirely blameless, the other two........rubbish, garbage, call them what you like, we spent £3m on a centre half who is about half the player Lloyd Kelly is.

A Downing in his 30s turned Pisano like he was flipping a coin for the second goal, he would not have gone past Dasilva like that.

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

Sadly not at the game today, but my football Svengali has just provided the following half time analysis 

“Looking like a side who have sold their best players and replaced them with shit “

Your Svengali isn’t far wrong, although Hunt and Weimann look ok in fairness.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Dont look good, we need a goal in the first 20 min in second half. Eliasson or someone else in. We have to change this, at least try. COYR!!!

Strange thing is when LJ took over from Cotts, one of things I liked about him was that he was not afraid to make subs to try and change things, but throughout the 2nd half of last season and again this, he is just leaving it far too late. Again no changes at HT today.

Edited by old_eastender