IGNORED

The Bristol City v Middlesbrough Match Day 3

26 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Which wouldn’t necessarily have been the correct decision. In fact, had he been sacked the season before last and the new man had come in and guided us to the league cup semis and an 11th place finish,  everyone who have said it was the right decision to get rid of him. The club’s faith has been rewarded with three seasons of league position improvement under Johnson. An inconvenient truth for some.

Not to say he’d survive another bad run if this continues - I think he’d be gone, and I would be fine with that. The feast and famine can’t continue forever.

I am actually grateful for the role LJ has done and I would accept that, over 3 seasons, he has established us as a Championship club and brought us some very positive memories. But it's now 8 months (admittedly 'only' 6 months of football) since we last played consistently well and, so far this season, I'm struggling to see the evidence we have learned any lessons or put improvements in place from last season and he is in danger of undoing all the good work he has done.

I don't think LJ has done anywhere near as bad a job as some have made out and, all in all, if he went now then he would have been a broadly successful appointment but I just don't see any reason to believe he can take us further, or indeed arrest the run of poor form we have experienced since January. It's early in the season - and perhaps some would say too early in the season to judge - but I just don't see what he is going to do differently this season that will produce improved results. I hope I am wrong but I just feel that, much like the last week of Cotts in the role, it is just sitting through poorer and poorer results until a change is finally made. 

• Like 2