IGNORED

The Bristol City v Middlesbrough Match Day 3

36 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Sorry but this line up is embarrassing. 

We have a billionaire owner. £23m in the green from the summer. And we have Pisano at LB & Kelly at CB, as well as a winger up front. Paterson still starting games too.  

Joke

The bigger joke is Kelly has put the so called proper Centre Half we paid £3m for to shame. How you can use Kelly to make your point like that is laughable tbh.

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

Men against boys . It is a ridiculous charade that has now gone on too much . They are simply blagging it . Have been from day one and extraordinary that SL has been hoodwinked for so long 

What is not surprising is SL's incompetence . We are in the second decade of this. By comparison LJ has hardly begun

• Like 2

This is the most ridiculous matchday thread I can remember. We're playing one of the better teams in the league, we've been on top for long spells of the game and people are acting like we've been destroyed and completely outplayed. Its a game we could easily have got something out of on another day, we've created plenty and its not quite run for us.

Obviously, there are things to be concerned about particularly at the back where we have been sloppy at times and Hunt in particular needs better concentration on his first touch and passing. But GK looks good (particularly for a free), Kelly had a great game, Pack looks fantastic and Wieman is quality. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
9 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I am actually grateful for the role LJ has done and I would accept that, over 3 seasons, he has established us as a Championship club and brought us some very positive memories. But it's now 8 months (admittedly 'only' 6 months of football) since we last played consistently well and, so far this season, I'm struggling to see the evidence we have learned any lessons or put improvements in place from last season and he is in danger of undoing all the good work he has done.

I don't think LJ has done anywhere near as bad a job as some have made out and, all in all, if he went now then he would have been a broadly successful appointment but I just don't see any reason to believe he can take us further, or indeed arrest the run of poor form we have experienced since January. It's early in the season - and perhaps some would say too early in the season to judge - but I just don't see what he is going to do differently this season that will produce improved results. I hope I am wrong but I just feel that, much like the last week of Cotts in the role, it is just sitting through poorer and poorer results until a change is finally made. 

Lansdown must have had a few discussions with Lee since January and now probably another.....how long can he let it go on

Edited by Top Robin
3 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

This is the most ridiculous matchday thread I can remember. We're playing one of the better teams in the league, we've been on top for long spells of the game and people are acting like we've been destroyed and completely outplayed. Its a game we could easily have got something out of on another day, we've created plenty and its not quite run for us.

Obviously, there are things to be concerned about particularly at the back where we have been sloppy at times and Hunt in particular needs better concentration on his first touch and passing. But GK looks good (particularly for a free), Kelly had a great game, Pack looks fantastic and Wieman is quality. 

Another loss.

10 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I am actually grateful for the role LJ has done and I would accept that, over 3 seasons, he has established us as a Championship club and brought us some very positive memories. But it's now 8 months (admittedly 'only' 6 months of football) since we last played consistently well and, so far this season, I'm struggling to see the evidence we have learned any lessons or put improvements in place from last season and he is in danger of undoing all the good work he has done.

I don't think LJ has done anywhere near as bad a job as some have made out and, all in all, if he went now then he would have been a broadly successful appointment but I just don't see any reason to believe he can take us further, or indeed arrest the run of poor form we have experienced since January. It's early in the season - and perhaps some would say too early in the season to judge - but I just don't see what he is going to do differently this season that will produce improved results. I hope I am wrong but I just feel that, much like the last week of Cotts in the role, it is just sitting through poorer and poorer results until a change is finally made. 

100% agree.

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

I reckon there is worthy team inside this lot. Some really good individual performances, Kelly, Webster, Pack, Mapeena (can’t remember how his name is spelt). Deserved at least one goal. I think with Famara back there’ll be a presence up top.

So you have diagnosed our problem. The coaching staff, and specifically The Head Coach

Gave it more of a go second half, maybe unlucky not to score, but equally they could have had more.

Let them get ahead and they will always then be happy with us playing in front of them. If we continue to be toothless, and give away poor goals, we will go down. 

Kelly and Peck our best players for me. 

Edited by cityexile
Just now, old_eastender said:

FT - better 2nd half performance as pressed Boro players more and hit the bar twice, but overall far too easy for Boro to take the 3 points today.

Pato, Watkins (being played centre forward!), COD & Taylor all looked really poor. Kelly & Pack the two stand out players for us.

Hit the bar twice. Johnsons get out 

Just now, Ivorguy said:

So you have diagnosed our problem. The coaching staff, and specifically The Head Coach

Your view not mine. Give this lot a few games, and with Famara back, we’ll win more than lose. Arguably a really tough 2 games to start with,  got to stop the sloppy goals though.

Lets give the manager 10 games and and not just 2 against potential promotion contenders then determine how he has got the team performing. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

What is not surprising is SL's incompetence . We are in the second decade of this. By comparison LJ has hardly begun

Spot on Ivor. The pair of them are hapless and hopeless.

Flint saw it. He left.

Reid saw it. He left.

Bryan saw it. He left.

The 3 of them, with far more ITK insight than any of us have on here realised that their dreams would be better met elsewhere.

And they left. Ok so we don’t know what those dreams might have been but I’m guessing one of them might well be Premier League football.

Under LJ and SL that’ll all it will ever be. 

A ******* dream.

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Lansdown must have had a few discussions with Lee since January and now probably another.....how long can he let it go on

I would assume - I am not in any way ITK - that, towards the end of last season, LJ would have been asked what he thoughts the reasons were for the poor form in the second half of the January and how he planned to fix it. And I would assume our summer transfer business was conducted based on solutions Johnson identified. All of which would make perfect sense to me - it is easy to pul the trigger but I think much more helpful to try and improve with the person already in the role. 

However, if SL and the board have carried out LJ's suggestions and results still are not improving, then sooner or later the conversation will surely be "thanks for your efforts but it's the end of the line". I reckon October on current form but it would not amaze me if it was much sooner...