Jump to content
IGNORED

The Bristol City v Middlesbrough Match Day 3


Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Sorry but this line up is embarrassing. 

We have a billionaire owner. £23m in the green from the summer. And we have Pisano at LB & Kelly at CB, as well as a winger up front. Paterson still starting games too.  

Joke

The bigger joke is Kelly has put the so called proper Centre Half we paid £3m for to shame. How you can use Kelly to make your point like that is laughable tbh.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

Men against boys . It is a ridiculous charade that has now gone on too much . They are simply blagging it . Have been from day one and extraordinary that SL has been hoodwinked for so long 

What is not surprising is SL's incompetence . We are in the second decade of this. By comparison LJ has hardly begun

  • Like 2
Link to comment

This is the most ridiculous matchday thread I can remember. We're playing one of the better teams in the league, we've been on top for long spells of the game and people are acting like we've been destroyed and completely outplayed. Its a game we could easily have got something out of on another day, we've created plenty and its not quite run for us.

Obviously, there are things to be concerned about particularly at the back where we have been sloppy at times and Hunt in particular needs better concentration on his first touch and passing. But GK looks good (particularly for a free), Kelly had a great game, Pack looks fantastic and Wieman is quality. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I am actually grateful for the role LJ has done and I would accept that, over 3 seasons, he has established us as a Championship club and brought us some very positive memories. But it's now 8 months (admittedly 'only' 6 months of football) since we last played consistently well and, so far this season, I'm struggling to see the evidence we have learned any lessons or put improvements in place from last season and he is in danger of undoing all the good work he has done.

I don't think LJ has done anywhere near as bad a job as some have made out and, all in all, if he went now then he would have been a broadly successful appointment but I just don't see any reason to believe he can take us further, or indeed arrest the run of poor form we have experienced since January. It's early in the season - and perhaps some would say too early in the season to judge - but I just don't see what he is going to do differently this season that will produce improved results. I hope I am wrong but I just feel that, much like the last week of Cotts in the role, it is just sitting through poorer and poorer results until a change is finally made. 

Lansdown must have had a few discussions with Lee since January and now probably another.....how long can he let it go on

Edited by Top Robin
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

This is the most ridiculous matchday thread I can remember. We're playing one of the better teams in the league, we've been on top for long spells of the game and people are acting like we've been destroyed and completely outplayed. Its a game we could easily have got something out of on another day, we've created plenty and its not quite run for us.

Obviously, there are things to be concerned about particularly at the back where we have been sloppy at times and Hunt in particular needs better concentration on his first touch and passing. But GK looks good (particularly for a free), Kelly had a great game, Pack looks fantastic and Wieman is quality. 

Another loss.

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I am actually grateful for the role LJ has done and I would accept that, over 3 seasons, he has established us as a Championship club and brought us some very positive memories. But it's now 8 months (admittedly 'only' 6 months of football) since we last played consistently well and, so far this season, I'm struggling to see the evidence we have learned any lessons or put improvements in place from last season and he is in danger of undoing all the good work he has done.

I don't think LJ has done anywhere near as bad a job as some have made out and, all in all, if he went now then he would have been a broadly successful appointment but I just don't see any reason to believe he can take us further, or indeed arrest the run of poor form we have experienced since January. It's early in the season - and perhaps some would say too early in the season to judge - but I just don't see what he is going to do differently this season that will produce improved results. I hope I am wrong but I just feel that, much like the last week of Cotts in the role, it is just sitting through poorer and poorer results until a change is finally made. 

100% agree.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

I reckon there is worthy team inside this lot. Some really good individual performances, Kelly, Webster, Pack, Mapeena (can’t remember how his name is spelt). Deserved at least one goal. I think with Famara back there’ll be a presence up top.

So you have diagnosed our problem. The coaching staff, and specifically The Head Coach

Link to comment

Gave it more of a go second half, maybe unlucky not to score, but equally they could have had more.

Let them get ahead and they will always then be happy with us playing in front of them. If we continue to be toothless, and give away poor goals, we will go down. 

Kelly and Peck our best players for me. 

 

Edited by cityexile
Link to comment
Just now, old_eastender said:

FT - better 2nd half performance as pressed Boro players more and hit the bar twice, but overall far too easy for Boro to take the 3 points today.

Pato, Watkins (being played centre forward!), COD & Taylor all looked really poor. Kelly & Pack the two stand out players for us.

Hit the bar twice. Johnsons get out 

Link to comment
Just now, Ivorguy said:

So you have diagnosed our problem. The coaching staff, and specifically The Head Coach

Your view not mine. Give this lot a few games, and with Famara back, we’ll win more than lose. Arguably a really tough 2 games to start with,  got to stop the sloppy goals though.

Lets give the manager 10 games and and not just 2 against potential promotion contenders then determine how he has got the team performing. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...