IGNORED

New Sub Forum name

Redshorts

MOD’s Can we add Moaners Section alongside football chat and Transfers. Getting fed up of so many negative people on here moan about our football team and manager. We are 2 league games into the season, still unbeaten, playing attractive football and bedding in a lot of new players. Can’t understand people’s constant backlash at LJ, he’s got some very exciting players in his squad, he’s got us playing attacking attactive football and we are still unbeaten. Let’s get behind him and the team and if you’ve got to moan stick to the moaning section where you can all be negative together. 

1 minute ago, Redshorts said:

MOD’s Can we add Moaners Section alongside football chat and Transfers. Getting fed up of so many negative people on here moan about our football team and manager. We are 2 league games into the season, still unbeaten, playing attractive football and bedding in a lot of new players. Can’t understand people’s constant backlash at LJ, he’s got some very exciting players in his squad, he’s got us playing attacking attactive football and we are still unbeaten. Let’s get behind him and the team and if you’ve got to moan stick to the moaning section where you can all be negative together. 

If we multiply 2 negative posters together, do they then make a positive one?

And can I have my own section for middle ground people like me who neither think he's brilliant not want him sacked but are happy to give him the season unless we look at risk of relegation then would want him replaced.

Call it:

The "We're fine with Lee for now but if there becomes a strong possibility of relegation then he should be let go" section.

Something snappy like that.

It all stems back to when he was playing for this Father, people didnt like him then for this fact and the same people still dont like him today, personally i thought he was a good player and those 6 games he was injured near the end of the season in our playoff year stopped us going up automatically.

Ok with the sentiment but the problem with these posts is it drives out the “them” and “us” mentality which ruins this forum for days, weeks, even months and certainly I visit less at that point and some good posters disappear all together. 

Everybody ends up over positive (aka rose tinted) or negative (aka LJ out brigade) whilst the truth is that some are people that believe things can/will turn round and others are concerned things will not and possibly looking for a bit of hope and good debate to boost them.

If we tried, we could have good friendly debate on the pros and cons and get some real valid points on the table BUT as long as posts start in this way, they will descend into argument and people being placed in one group or the other whilst many are actually somewhere in the middle.

#justsaying

5 minutes ago, boss hogg said:

can we have a happy clapper sub forum or a bury  your head in the sand sub forum.

So how are people who get behind their club and LJ be happy clappers/head in sand? Surely your a realist and you except that you are not going to win every game and following a team like Bristol City you will go through the highs and lows in a season. You will just get behind the team no matter what, be disappointed if we lose but get behind the team and manager next game. Not slate them with everything that goes wrong from time to time. 

2 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

That would go in the following moaning about people moaning sub-forum!

Yes it does but I’m not moaning about my club! I’m now moaning at you for attempting to say my statement was incorrect. I’m allowed to moan at the moaners!!! 

11 minutes ago, boss hogg said:

can we have a happy clapper sub forum or a bury  your head in the sand sub forum.

9 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

How about a rose tinted, excusers, happy clappers sub forum as well?

Then between the op, Mr Hitler and myself, everybody has a shot.

Could that sub forum contain copies of the league tables from the last 3 seasons, showing us finishing higher each season that LJ has been here, having taken over with us being almost nailed on to be going straight back to league one..? 

12 minutes ago, cidercity said:

It all stems back to when he was playing for this Father, people didnt like him then for this fact and the same people still dont like him today, personally i thought he was a good player and those 6 games he was injured near the end of the season in our playoff year stopped us going up automatically.

No it doesn't - it all stems from our inability to string a consistent set of performances together. I don't think it's even about winning.

Apart from a few posters who generally seem to have it in for LJ.

I think the vast majority just want to see progress on the pitch and avoid these massive slumps each season, which are explained away with complete and inconsistent nonsense a lot of the time by LJ.

1 minute ago, boss hogg said:

i do get behind the team but just not happy with lj would love it if he proved me wrong but just cant see it happening.

So what’s LJ done?? Top half finish last season, cup semi final, unbeaten start to the league this season, bringing through the youngsters, building a new team that’s playing attractive football this season after losing star players in the summer. So what’s wrong with that??? 

2 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

No it doesn't - it all stems from our inability to string a consistent set of performances together. I don't think it's even about winning.

Like last August -January, you mean..?

Apart from a few posters who generally seem to have it in for LJ.

I think the vast majority just want to see progress on the pitch and avoid these massive slumps each season, which are explained away with complete and inconsistent nonsense a lot of the time by LJ.

Progress like finishing higher in the league each season that he’s been here..? 

20 minutes ago, cidercity said:

there you are it was Johnson's fault!

Dismiss it as moaning if you want but I personally think there's been a lot of interesting discussion this last week or two - more so than there often is on fact. I like some of the longer threads where there's a proper back and forth from a whole range of "sides".

Often the best posts come a fair few in to a thread, even if the first one is an attempted wind up it can still provoke interesting views.

3 minutes ago, Redshorts said:

So what’s LJ done?? Top half finish last season, cup semi final, unbeaten start to the league this season, bringing through the youngsters, building a new team that’s playing attractive football this season after losing star players in the summer. So what’s wrong with that??? 

no away wins since december , mediocre signings at best, record losing run of results, been in shocking form for about 20 odd games.

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Could that sub forum contain copies of the league tables from the last 3 seasons, showing us finishing higher each season that LJ has been here, having taken over with us being almost nailed on to be going straight back to league one..? 

where do you think we will finish this season bs3 ?

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Well of course you can because it's a democracy, you could have a virtual bar and jacuzzi room as well.

25 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

And can I have my own section for middle ground people like me who neither think he's brilliant not want him sacked but are happy to give him the season unless we look at risk of relegation then would want him replaced.

Call it:

The "We're fine with Lee for now but if there becomes a strong possibility of relegation then he should be let go" section.

Something snappy like that.

That section would be named "Sitting on the fence and getting splinters up my ass!" 

1 minute ago, boss hogg said:

where do you think we will finish this season bs3 ?

I honestly don’t know!

I’m happy with the signings, but think we need 2 or 3 more. 

We certainly need Famara back ASAP.

Theres no doubting we’ve lost a big part of our first team, albeit for good money and without fault in them leaving. So it largely depends how the replacements perform and bed in. 

I’m finding it hard to see us finishing top half, but I think we are good enough to avoid any relegation battle - so 12th-15th would be my prediction, which, if we can eradicate the problem of prolonged bad runs and maintain a more consistently “average” level, I’ll accept. 

So since December we’ve had 7 draws and 6 defeats, take out villa and all games have been by the odd goal. Which could have gone in our favour. We’ve played good football throughout, signings we’ve made have been exciting, who ever we sign people will moan about it cause people always have different options on players. Just like Pack is our best players and some city fans think he shouldn’t be on the team. 

34 minutes ago, Redshorts said:

But it’s two games into a season which follows a season where we went on an  appalling run a threw away an opportunity which may or not not come our way again soon.  On top of that, a unenviable away record and a previous relegation threatened season.  Even given all this, two games is far to early to judge LJ but in my eyes at least, he hasn’t the luxury of bags of time to prove he has what it takes.  Time to walk the walk LJ.

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I honestly don’t know!

I’m happy with the signings, but think we need 2 or 3 more. 

We certainly need Famara back ASAP.

Theres no doubting we’ve lost a big part of our first team, albeit for good money and without fault in them leaving. So it largely depends how the replacements perform and bed in. 

I’m finding it hard to see us finishing top half, but I think we are good enough to avoid any relegation battle - so 12th-15th would be my prediction, which, if we can eradicate the problem of prolonged bad runs and maintain a more consistently “average” level, I’ll accept. 

Totally agree we are missing 2-3 players. I would say we are missing a big commanding centre back to back up existing centre back. Quality midfielder to sit there put the tackles in and have quality on the ball. Plus a big lump up top for a plan B. 

This season I think we will finish top 10 if we can add to the squad with 2-3 more as it stands 12/14.

1 minute ago, Redshorts said:

So since December we’ve had 7 draws and 6 defeats, take out villa and all games have been by the odd goal. Which could have gone in our favour. We’ve played good football throughout, signings we’ve made have been exciting, who ever we sign people will moan about it cause people always have different options on players. Just like Pack is our best players and some city fans think he shouldn’t be on the team. 

lose by 1 goal or 5 you get the same amount of points , exciting signings i cant agree with you on that one , think we have tried to do it on the cheap , which for the record i dont think is ljs fault  ,but as lee said last season he has the final say on all signings which have been for the most part poor.

Archived