IGNORED

New Sub Forum name

Redshorts

Just now, Redshorts said:

Totally agree we are missing 2-3 players. I would say we are missing a big commanding centre back to back up existing centre back. Quality midfielder to sit there put the tackles in and have quality on the ball. Plus a big lump up top for a plan B. 

This season I think we will finish top 10 if we can add to the squad with 2-3 more as it stands 12/14.

we have been crying out for a quality midfielder for years it seems lj cant see it .

1 minute ago, boss hogg said:

lose by 1 goal or 5 you get the same amount of points , exciting signings i cant agree with you on that one , think we have tried to do it on the cheap , which for the record i dont think is ljs fault  ,but as lee said last season he has the final say on all signings which have been for the most part poor.

It’s way to early to say if our signings have been poor! 

Weimann isn’t looking poor, at all. 

Hunt looks like an improvement. 

Webster - jury still out. 

GK - jury still out, but we are openly still looking for another. 

The rest have hardly featured yet. 

22 minutes ago, Redshorts said:

Yes it does but I’m not moaning about my club! I’m now moaning at you for attempting to say my statement was incorrect. I’m allowed to moan at the moaners!!! 

I did not say your statement was incorrect in any way.

However, isn’t the whole idea of a forum to moan and debate factors about our football club? Take out the moaning and we would just have a forum of people agreeing with eachother, sounds a bit boring to me.

6 minutes ago, Redshorts said:

So since December we’ve had 7 draws and 6 defeats, take out villa and all games have been by the odd goal. Which could have gone in our favour. We’ve played good football throughout, signings we’ve made have been exciting, who ever we sign people will moan about it cause people always have different options on players. Just like Pack is our best players and some city fans think he shouldn’t be on the team. 

Or to put it another way since December 24 league games 22 points gained which = relegation form.

6 minutes ago, Redshorts said:

Totally agree we are missing 2-3 players. I would say we are missing a big commanding centre back to back up existing centre back. Quality midfielder to sit there put the tackles in and have quality on the ball. Plus a big lump up top for a plan B. 

This season I think we will finish top 10 if we can add to the squad with 2-3 more as it stands 12/14.

So you are saying that our recruitment has so far fallen short? 

So we are now 'hoping' to find loans to fill the gaps that you mentioned or wait for another spectacular January window?

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I honestly don’t know!

I’m happy with the signings, but think we need 2 or 3 more. 

We certainly need Famara back ASAP.

Theres no doubting we’ve lost a big part of our first team, albeit for good money and without fault in them leaving. So it largely depends how the replacements perform and bed in. 

I’m finding it hard to see us finishing top half, but I think we are good enough to avoid any relegation battle - so 12th-15th would be my prediction, which, if we can eradicate the problem of prolonged bad runs and maintain a more consistently “average” level, I’ll accept. 

It are these types of comments which I find so disheartening, preparing to accept mediocrity.

53 minutes ago, Redshorts said:

MOD’s Can we add Moaners Section alongside football chat and Transfers. Getting fed up of so many negative people on here moan about our football team and manager. We are 2 league games into the season, still unbeaten, playing attractive football and bedding in a lot of new players. Can’t understand people’s constant backlash at LJ, he’s got some very exciting players in his squad, he’s got us playing attacking attactive football and we are still unbeaten. Let’s get behind him and the team and if you’ve got to moan stick to the moaning section where you can all be negative together. 

So, you want everyone who disagrees with your rose-tinted view of the world to be hidden away on another part of the forum?! A forum is a platform on which to discuss differing views and opinions....don’t read posts if you don’t like them, simple....no need to demand that people are moved away from you online....

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s way to early to say if our signings have been poor! 

Weimann isn’t looking poor, at all. 

Hunt looks like an improvement. 

Webster - jury still out. 

GK - jury still out, but we are openly still looking for another. 

The rest have hardly featured yet. 

i ment all of his signings , diony , kent , mathews,  moore , o, neil, , pisano, taylor, engvall, duric, Hegeler, leko , typing that out and its  criminal what weve wasted.

1 minute ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

It are these types of comments which I find so disheartening, preparing to accept mediocrity.

I knew someone would say something like that. 

I was asked for my honest prediction, not what I was hoping for. 

Also, what’s actually written in my post, I believe, would represent some progress, if we can eradicate  the prolonged bad spells. 

If to do this we need a more steady, average set of results, then that’s ok, this season. 

1 hour ago, Redshorts said:

MOD’s Can we add Moaners Section alongside football chat and Transfers. Getting fed up of so many negative people on here moan about our football team and manager. We are 2 league games into the season, still unbeaten, playing attractive football and bedding in a lot of new players. Can’t understand people’s constant backlash at LJ, he’s got some very exciting players in his squad, he’s got us playing attacking attactive football and we are still unbeaten. Let’s get behind him and the team and if you’ve got to moan stick to the moaning section where you can all be negative together. 

Wow

a poster  of the forum  for a whole 4 months

Non paying / contributing member 

Moaning about ‘moaning’ on the forum

Fails to understand purpose of forum or the word debate

Wants ‘MODS’ to restructure the forum

WOW

What a nonsense post

Good start

1 hour ago, Redshorts said:

Seeing as your moaning about everyone moaning does that mean you can be the first to go in the moaning sub forum, if not I shall moan  about you moaning about people moaning and not being the first to go in the sub forum about moaning ?

56 minutes ago, Redshorts said:

Absolute rubbish, have you never disagreed with anything the club/management does/says then?

What would the, "I never moan I just accept everything the club/managers/players/refs super fan section" be called then? oh yes that's it I`ve just said it.

There wouldn`t be many posts needed though, as all would think the same.

28 minutes ago, Redshorts said:

So since December we’ve had 7 draws and 6 defeats, take out villa and all games have been by the odd goal. Which could have gone in our favour. We’ve played good football throughout, signings we’ve made have been exciting, who ever we sign people will moan about it cause people always have different options on players. Just like Pack is our best players and some city fans think he shouldn’t be on the team. 

No, we’ve had 9 defeats and 10 draws in the league since the end of December 2017 - and wasn’t Millwall 2 City 0 losing by more than the ‘odd goal’?! Re-adjust the rose-tinted specs....

29 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

I did not say your statement was incorrect in any way.

However, isn’t the whole idea of a forum to moan and debate factors about our football club? Take out the moaning and we would just have a forum of people agreeing with eachother, sounds a bit boring to me.

If the forum is for moaning and debate, and you remove the moaning then you are left with debate.

14 minutes ago, gordie said:

Seeing as your moaning about everyone moaning does that mean you can be the first to go in the moaning sub forum, if not I shall moan  about you moaning about people moaning and not being the first to go in the sub forum about moaning ?

Would that be the "moaners moaning about the non - moaners moaning about the moaners moaning" sub forum, the " non - moaners moaning about the moaners moaning at the non- moaners " sub forum,  the " non - manors moaning at the moaners" sub forum or the "moaners moaning at the non-moaners?

24 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

If the forum is for moaning and debate, and you remove the moaning then you are left with debate.

And there are many  :whistle2: on here who label debate about any concerns as 

Moaning

Perhaps we can ban the blind faith contingent as well

And we’d have .......

A very boring frorum 

17 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I generally ignore the constant moaners. The ones that moan before even seeing new signings play, and don't seem to have seen them play at other clubs. That's the kind of people who I have no respect for. Not able to learn from or have any sensible debate with. I expect when we did well pre Christmas these people disappeared. I think subconsciously, or maybe even in some cases conciously they want us to fail. Then there's others that are deluded in thinking we are some massive championship club that should be bringing in expensive prem/high end championship players. I'm just happy to have become a championship team that should stay here for many years as we gradually look to progress. Obviously if we find ourselves down the other end of the table much of this season, then I might have the opinion that we should change the manager. But sack him after 2 draws and a league cup loss? That's just ridiculous, and would be an embarrassing decision from Lansdown.

You're right of course it would be.  But I have seen very very few what I would call 'serious' posters actually calling for his head at the moment and that's the point that seems to get lost in these never ending debates of 'he said she said'.  People are sensationalising from the LJ in camp,  making out that this place is toxic and that half of OTIB is calling for him to go and they just simply aren't. They are debating his selections, his transfer record and his overall performance. Which is justified and right.  

46 minutes ago, boss hogg said:

i ment all of his signings , diony , kent , mathews,  moore , o, neil, , pisano, taylor, engvall, duric, Hegeler, leko , typing that out and its  criminal what weve wasted.

That’s not “all of his signings” though. 

Youv’e conveniently missed out Famara, Elliason, Brownhill, Patterson, COD, Tammy, Baker, Wright. Plus this season’s signings. 

Name me a manager, at any level, who doesn’t make bad signings, in persuit of finding the next crop of players..? 

Archived