IGNORED

New Sub Forum name

Redshorts

I quite like challenging those who post negative stuff. It’s usually because the poster hasn’t understood what SLs  long term strategy is and how it can effect the way in which LJ goes about creating a squad. It some ways his hands are tied because of it but, unlike previous managers he’s willing to work within it.

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And there are many  :whistle2: on here who label debate about any concerns as 

Moaning

Perhaps we can ban the blind faith contingent as well

And we’d have .......

A very boring frorum 

THIS! 

Is 'moaning' aimed at anyone who has an opinion different from the OP? 

If people didn't disagree, we wouldn't have a forum, or an extremely quiet one if we did! 

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

THIS! 

Is 'moaning' aimed at anyone who has an opinion different from the OP? 

If people didn't disagree, we wouldn't have a forum, or an extremely quiet one if we did! 

Nailed it Ska

Their are some on both sides who never have any credit but also a large number who could be categorised as ‘Club pissed’

I tend to find myself reading and appreciating whose views are genuine and dependant on their views on particular part of a subject

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

And can I have my own section for middle ground people like me who neither think he's brilliant not want him sacked but are happy to give him the season unless we look at risk of relegation then would want him replaced.

Call it:

The "We're fine with Lee for now but if there becomes a strong possibility of relegation then he should be let go" section.

Something snappy like that.

Bit wordy. How about the Nick Clegg sub forum.

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Nailed it Ska

Their are some on both sides who never have any credit but also a large number who could be categorised as ‘Club pissed’

I tend to find myself reading and appreciating whose views are genuine and dependant on their views on particular part of a subject

Similar to myself Bob and, no doubt many others.

I find myself in agreement with a small number of posters most of the time, your good self included but, if I did disagree with you, I would debate the point as I'm sure you would. To me, that is a 'forum', not just a place where everyone agrees. It's one of the reasons I don't get people having constant 'pops' at Robbored TBH. His opinions might not tow the party line and can be perceived as WUM material but it stimulates debate and he's more than welcome to hold an opinion different to the norm IMO.

The OP is plain wrong, simples! 

1 hour ago, Redshorts said:

So since December we’ve had 7 draws and 6 defeats, take out villa and all games have been by the odd goal. Which could have gone in our favour. We’ve played good football throughout, signings we’ve made have been exciting, who ever we sign people will moan about it cause people always have different options on players. Just like Pack is our best players and some city fans think he shouldn’t be on the team. 

“On the team”?

Can I just hijack the thread to complain about these Americanisms? Thank you.

25 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And there are many  :whistle2: on here who label debate about any concerns as 

Moaning

Perhaps we can ban the blind faith contingent as well

And we’d have .......

A very boring frorum 

There's a difference between moaning and having concerns.

Equally, there's a difference between not being inherently negative about every miniscule thing and blind faith.

Perhaps some need to work that out.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Equally, there's a difference between not being inherently negative about every miniscule thing and blind faith.

That's a very fine line James and surely open to how people perceive others' posts? I appreciate the sentiment though. 

An example, Someone may have a concern that we are weaker up front than we were last year. That could easily be perceived as moaning but it's not, it's a genuine concern by a fellow supporter. I would imagine the OP reads that as 'moaning' but the majority wouldn't. 

Moan away ladies and gents! 

28 minutes ago, lenred said:

You're right of course it would be.  But I have seen very very few what I would call 'serious' posters actually calling for his head at the moment and that's the point that seems to get lost in these never ending debates of 'he said she said'.  People are sensationalising from the LJ in camp,  making out that this place is toxic and that half of OTIB is calling for him to go and they just simply aren't. They are debating his selections, his transfer record and his overall performance. Which is justified and right.  

The sensationalising happens from both sides. And once one side starts the other is likely to sensationalise their counter point.

However those being critical tend to be more likely to discount part of Johnsons time here to suit them.

Such as when listing all the 'failed' transfers'  (evidence in this thread already). Or exaggerated, like saying that last seasons form post December was relegation form (it wasnt, there were 4 or 5 teams who performed worse during that time).

Or when they point out the horrendous second half of the season in 2016-17, but don't mention that we had been around the playoff places for the first third of the season then.

When looking at Johnsons time here objectively you have to look at the entire picture. That's including the good and the bad, but most who are critical of him (at least those on a regular basis) don't. They discount the good parts, or try to diminish it ("oh, we had a cup run"), yet most who are generally supportive of him acknowledge those bad runs, and probably have concerns about certain aspects (I certainly do), but a lot of the criticisms aired on here are exaggerated or half truths.

But what doesn't help is when anyone who defends Johnson is labelled a "happy clapper", "head in the sand" or "rose tinted" (and vice versa). 

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

That's a very fine line James and surely open to how people perceive others' posts? I appreciate the sentiment though. 

An example, Someone may have a concern that we are weaker up front than we were last year. That could easily be perceived as moaning but it's not, it's a genuine concern by a fellow supporter. I would imagine the OP reads that as 'moaning' but the majority wouldn't. 

I'd say that's fine as a concern if reasons can be given to back it up.

You cannot be concerned without a reason to be, so if voicing a concern provide a reason for it.

Things like squad strength are subjective, and someone may disagree (personally I am unsure and think it is too soon to tell just how good the replacements are), but providing they can provide their thoughts for why then that's fine too.

A healthy debate if people manage to provide their reasons.

"I think we're weaker defensively because we have lost Flints aerial dominance"

vs 

"Our defense it shit now"

Concern

vs

Moan

2 hours ago, Redshorts said:

MOD’s Can we add Moaners Section alongside football chat and Transfers. Getting fed up of so many negative people on here moan about our football team and manager. We are 2 league games into the season, still unbeaten, playing attractive football and bedding in a lot of new players. Can’t understand people’s constant backlash at LJ, he’s got some very exciting players in his squad, he’s got us playing attacking attactive football and we are still unbeaten. Let’s get behind him and the team and if you’ve got to moan stick to the moaning section where you can all be negative together. 

It's not even many it's literally the same 15 or so people giving each other reach around.  

1 hour ago, gordie said:

Seeing as your moaning about everyone moaning does that mean you can be the first to go in the moaning sub forum, if not I shall moan  about you moaning about people moaning and not being the first to go in the sub forum about moaning ?

I believe the Mods would seriously consider sending this new fella to the black hole sub forum... Ooops. 

31 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

How many of those are there then James ?

Im struggling to form any list

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You appear confused

How many posters are there that are

inherently negative about every minuscule thing’

I couldnt say, probably seems like more than there are because when they start on something they dont let it go.

Maybe a dozen- at a push.

More if you include those who vanish when we are performing well.

Missing the general point of what I was saying though.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

I couldnt say, probably seems like more than there are because when they start on something they dont let it go.

Maybe a dozen- at a push.

More if you include those who vanish when we are performing well.

Think you will struggle to achieve your dozen

using your label / criteria

So , being generous this is at the very most about up to a dozen posters 

Enough said

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

How have I missed your point

You claim that there’s posters who 

‘ inherently negative about every minuscule thing’

I asked you how many

Because that wasnt what my point was.

I drew a comparison, "theres a difference.... and blind faith"

You highlighted it the first time, but left that part out since.

Selective quoting?

I exagerrated a little with the "inherantly negative about every little thing", "about every little thing" wasnt needed. 

You have misread and then misquoted me by leaving out the context of the rest of the sentance.

"I would never say to kill someone"

"kill someone"

An extreme version.

"If our current form continues under LJ we are doomed"

"Under LJ we are doomed"

Not so extreme

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Because that wasnt what my point was.

I drew a comparison, "theres a difference.... and blind faith"

You highlighted it the first time, but left that part out since.

Selective quoting?

I exagerrated a little with the "inherantly negative about every little thing", "about every little thing" wasnt needed. 

You have misread and then misquoted me by leaving out the context of the rest of the sentance.

"I would never say to kill someone"

"kill someone"

An extreme version.

So what’s your criteria / explanation / definition of 

‘inherently negative’

This thread Bob?

When one struggles to get a point across its time to bail out I always feel. Nothing to be garnered from either side labouring a point because you both get bogged down. Reminds me of Philipson Masters at Gresty Road one wet tuesday evening as he tried to turn the tanker and avoid a certain Crewe goal. Arhhh those were the days me babbers... We should all be thankful from whence we have come.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Would that be the "moaners moaning about the non - moaners moaning about the moaners moaning" sub forum, the " non - moaners moaning about the moaners moaning at the non- moaners " sub forum,  the " non - manors moaning at the moaners" sub forum or the "moaners moaning at the non-moaners?

Got I wish I hadn't started that now??

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don’t object to anybody being positive or negative, optimistic or pessimistic  -  they obviously have their reasons.

I think the problem arises when someone else’s views are mocked, not just disagreed with, and the poster insulted for holding those views. The addition of mocking labels, such as moaners or happy clappers doesn’t help.

So, when is the Happy Clappers v Bedwetters charity match scheduled for? ?

21 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I think the problem arises when someone else’s views are mocked, not just disagreed with, and the poster insulted for holding those views. The addition of mocking labels, such as moaners or happy clappers doesn’t help.

Spot on as usual Leveller! The personal stuff is totally unnecessary.

I reckon we should have a happy clapper and a moaning emoji alongside the like and rubbish ones . ;)

5 hours ago, Redshorts said:

MOD’s Can we add Moaners Section alongside football chat and Transfers. Getting fed up of so many negative people on here moan about our football team and manager. We are 3 league games into the season, still haven’t won a game, playing attractive football in the middle of the pitch and bedding in a lot of new players. Can’t understand people’s constant backlash at LJ, he’s got some very exciting players in his squad, he’s got us playing attactive football and we are still without a win.Let’s get behind him and the team and if you’ve got to moan stick to the moaning section where you can all be negative together. 

Fixed that for you 

Archived