Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bicester Red

I will start it!

6 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

Lj will be gone this season sometime

yet again example

Piscano left back

lj please leave us alone

What you moaning about,we are playing pretty looking football and a lot of people seem to like it

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

LJ is totally out of his depth - poor signings, poor team selections, poor tactics, bizarre substitutions, ballsh*t aftermatch interviews - nice guy but dreadful manager in so many ways.

• Like 16

we get a loan left back from Chelsea we have no defenders and the lad is on the bench. why is the club allowing Johnson to sign players that don't go into the first team .it is a waste of a loan. if the lad is not fit or ready for the first team then why sign him. it's a joke. 

• Like 16

36 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

yet again example

Piscano left back

lj please leave us alone

Start it? Didn't fancy adding your comment to the 'Lee Johnson - time to go thread'. Already on 9 pages so you're a little late to start it!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

LJ is totally out of his depth - poor signings, poor team selections, poor tactics, bizarre substitutions, ballsh*t aftermatch interviews - nice guy but dreadful manager in so many ways.

I don't actually think he's a nice guy either.

• Haha 1

I dont actually think Lee Johnson needs to go.

What needs to happen is people need to realise the model here is not related to promotion to the premier. It’s a rigged game and you either join in or you don’t go up.

i admire what Lansdown is trying to achieve, but it isn’t premier league football.

Make peace with that and the world is a better place.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Start it? Didn't fancy adding your comment to the 'Lee Johnson - time to go thread'. Already on 9 pages so you're a little late to start it!

But there's no attention to be found in that.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, 054123 said:

What needs to happen is people need to realise the model here is not related to promotion to the premier. It’s a rigged game and you either join in or you don’t go up.

i admire what Lansdown is trying to achieve, but it isn’t premier league football.

So the Billionaire SL, who has invested credit free millions in our team and stadium, doesn't want access to the hundreds of millions available in the Premiership?...............Why not? Pray tell?

Edited by maxjak
error

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

So the Billionaire SL, who has invested credit free millions in our team and stadium, doesn't want access to the hundreds of millions available in the Premiership?...............Why not? Pray tell?

Oh dear 

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Tell me more about these millions he’s invested in the team to reach the premier league? Believe me I’m not having a go. It’s a rigged game that requires you to pay far more than we do I’m afraid.

Steves millions to date are good enough for this I’m afraid (hopefully).

As for the stadium, I don’t see the link between the stands you have and whether or not you are promoted. I may be wrong though.

3 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Tell me more about these millions he’s invested in the team to reach the premier league? Believe me I’m not having a go. It’s a rigged game that requires you to pay far more than we do I’m afraid.

Steves millions to date are good enough for this I’m afraid (hopefully).

As for the stadium, I don’t see the link between the stands you have and whether or not you are promoted. I may be wrong though.

priceoffootball.com...............read it and weep.

An absolute outlier a Rich.

You may as well bank on your lottery win.

A fingers crossed approach?

Edited by 054123

I would of sacked him before last season, but I'm starting to think what's the point? He will only be replaced with another puppet. It lies deeper than Johnson. Look at the club's constantly passing us by. So called smaller club's. The Issue is right at the top I'm afraid.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

priceoffootball.com...............read it and weep.

Absolutely.

Again, make peace with who we are.

Id rather have a club that was here at a good level in 50 years time, than not at all.

Its why people like Flint and Bryan were prepared to leave us for other clubs at our level. It’s the same as when we drop to div 3 and pick up all the talent in the pool. They know we are serious about moving on from div 3 level. 

Villa snd boro are the same at this level.

Its alright.

I'm going to present a different side to this discussion. This isn't a problem created by LJ it's not his ability to coach that's put us in this position, we have sold quality and and bought average. 

This is problem created high up in the club than LJ. 

• Like 1

I don’t think LJ will ever become a good manager.  He certainly isn’t one yet but the hope is that he’s young and will develop into something special.  I just can’t see any sign that this will ever happen.  Nothing personal with LJ, he no doubt loves the club and wants to do his best but I can’t see he has it in him.  Tinion loved the club but struggled at management but at least he showed self awareness and knew when it was time to move aside. Will LJ ever put his hands up and admit his own limitations?  

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, maxjak said:

In his recent interview he would only say, and then rather reluctantly, that he wanted to finish higher than last season.

His top priority this year was evidently to realise the value in the squad to improve the club's finances. Making the club self sufficient is his key aim.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

How much money did Blackpool spend to get to the prem??

There has been enormous inflation in fees and wages since then so they are not the best yardstick. Plus of course the consequences of their promotion have been dire.

Holloway is available though.

• Haha 1

Too many simular midfield attacking players have been signed, hoping that another one will turn out like bobby did last season and no real real out and out strikers. Even with fam back there’s no other championship standard strikers on the bench

2 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

yet again example

Piscano left back

lj please leave us alone

Grow up.

Ironically Pisano had a good game today. And you've chosen to highlight his selection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

In his recent interview he would only say, and then rather reluctantly, that he wanted to finish higher than last season.

His top priority this year was evidently to realise the value in the squad to improve the club's finances. Making the club self sufficient is his key aim.

That works in accountancy but not necessarily in football

• Like 1

Just now, oldstandrobin said:

That works in accountancy but not necessarily in football

I don't think it is actually achievable in the Championship but both MA and SL have made it pretty clear that promotion is not the main priority.

I wonder if they see parallels with the Dicks era. Though doing what he did over a 9 year period is much harder in the modern game as we cannot compete financially as we did then.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

This is what people seem slow, or reluctant, to grasp.

Sustainability is the Number One objective. If sustainability somehow delivers promotion to the PL, then jolly good. "We'll take that." 

I think there is an idea that this careful, prudent approach has delivered promotion for say Burnley - and that with an inexperienced English manager with no promotions to his name - and so it can or will for us. But that idea was dreamed up more than five years ago, when we were relegated. The Championship has moved on massively in the three years we have been back in it. It is an unforgiving beast, and it feels to me like it is chewing us up, or it will do without something in the "plan" or "project" being looked at.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

I'm going to present a different side to this discussion. This isn't a problem created by LJ it's not his ability to coach that's put us in this position, we have sold quality and and bought average. 

This is problem created high up in the club than LJ. 

He’s had plenty of money and signed dozens of players over the last 2 years.

HE wanted to be judged after 3 transfer windows. 

The truth is that he’s signed a lot of players who are not Championship players. 

HE moans we have no leaders, but HE himself doesn’t sign leaders!.

I have real concerns about the squad HE has put together, I just don’t see any steel in it, I really think we are going to be a soft touch, and teams ( especially away from home) are going to bully us this season. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, 054123 said:

Top post. Exactly this.  First thing then is that lansdown needs to shut up and stop mentioning it !!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leadman said:

i dont blame lee j, owners this time, they raise the money and spend it,  zero ambition.

Oh come on, LJ has spent more money than any other City manager ever, he has been given money by the bucket full. 

Perhaps SL has realised that LJ just wont spend more money wisely. 

• Like 3