IGNORED

Positives..?

Andy082005

13 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Are you serious, did he actually get the MOM award?

Who decided that LJ?

Dunno who decides it but it is what I (just about) heard on the tannoy walking out.

I reckon it is somebody in hospitality pissed up?

Positives

Weimann - Great attitude , covered every blade of grass and did everything he could to get us firing

Kelly - Unfair ask for the lad but came through great and looked our best of the back four and certainly better than Webster who was awful

Spirit - Didn’t throw the towel in and kept going albeit like a blunt stick

45 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Our opponents on Tuesday have had an even worse day than we have?

18 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Positives are that Rotherham Bolton Reading and QPR are in our league,apart from that then I am struggling 

Come on I have already lodged Tuesday nights excuse in the excuse book, we never win at loftus road (1977 was the last time in the league).

40 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Lloyd Kelly had a good game. 

As did Marlon Pack. 

We dominated, but at the times that mattered they were sharp. 

All in all, pretty shit. 

Dominated Fordy ?

They sat back with their slippers on at 2-0

And As a Pack convertee and fan I thought he was poor today

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Come on I have already lodged Tuesday nights excuse in the excuse book, we never win at loftus road (1977 was the last time in the league).

As you say, an excuse. These stats are always a nonsense - hardly as if it is was the same team each time. As far as I am concerned, we have three games to the international break and need a minimum of 6 points. Otherwise we will already be in a relegation fight.

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

As you say, an excuse. These stats are always a nonsense - hardly as if it is was the same team each time. As far as I am concerned, we have three games to the international break and need a minimum of 6 points. Otherwise we will already be in a relegation fight.

Hold on I thought Swansea away had been declared a "did you expect anything from that game" in the excuse book.

Positives:

- Weimann, Kelly, Taylor were all excellent. 

- IF we can play like we did for 45 minutes for 90 we might actually look a good side. Easy to say Boro sat back at 2-0, and obviously hey didn’t need to be as urgent, but we were still very good in the second half. Woodwork at least twice and a couple of other decent chances that just didn’t quite drop for us. 

Negatives:

- Defending

- Defending

- Did I mention defending?

- The fact that people wil still fixated on bringing a striker in when the problems are - as hey have been for 3 years - at the other end. Yes we didn’t score but on another day we get 2/3 in the second half alone. Really just one of those days on that front in the second half. 

- Crap subs. Taylor aside. Game was crying out for Eliasson. They were on the ropes and it desperately needed someone who would be direct and bloody well run at someone instead of the tippy tappy. 

59 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

In fairness we did. Although I accept that we didn’t create much. 

You did ask for positives - it was pretty much the best I could do. 

Absolutely correct.

The positives were we were much improved in the Second Half and were denied twice by the wordwork and twice by decent saves.

Having managed to defeat ourselves in the First Half through Keystone Cops defending and loads of unhurried play-it-around-the-back-line-but-fail-to-find-a-forward-pass cack, we improved by in the second period by utilising our only advantage:

We weren't tougher; we weren't more skillful; we certainly weren't taller!! - but we were faster.

Once we started moving the ball - and ourselves - faster we looked actually a bit unlucky to score.  Still would've lost 1-2 probably, but watching a scratch side against a team almost nailed on for a Top 6 finish, I'm not going to slit my wrists over that.

City's problem this season is that teams from the top half have guys like Assombalonga who you know will score if he's given the ball in your 5 yard box. We don't. It's wrong to say we don't create. It's accurate to say we don't convert.

Second positive of the day: we aren't QPR....

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

We didn’t score but on another day we get 2/3 in the second half alone. Really just one of those days on that front in the second half. 

Not that old one again. Got a feeling we will hear that one trotted out on a regular basis for the next few games.

Put another way - we had loads of possession and a few chances that better sides would've scored from. It is the lack of quality that leads to us missing them, not bad luck.

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Positives:

- Weimann, Kelly, Taylor were all excellent. 

- IF we can play like we did for 45 minutes for 90 we might actually look a good side. Easy to say Boro sat back at 2-0, and obviously hey didn’t need to be as urgent, but we were still very good in the second half. Woodwork at least twice and a couple of other decent chances that just didn’t quite drop for us. 

Negatives:

- Defending

- Defending

- Did I mention defending?

- The fact that people wil still fixated on bringing a striker in when the problems are - as hey have been for 3 years - at the other end. Yes we didn’t score but on another day we get 2/3 in the second half alone. Really just one of those days on that front in the second half. 

- Crap subs. Taylor aside. Game was crying out for Eliasson. They were on the ropes and it desperately needed someone who would be direct and bloody well run at someone instead of the tippy tappy. 

Subs. From my seat, Dasilva did more than Taylor. Why did you think Taylor was excellent?

4 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Subs. From my seat, Dasilva did more than Taylor. Why did you think Taylor was excellent?

Did you watch him? He was pulling their centre backs here there and everywhere. Almost every time we got in behind their back line came after his introduction 

Unfortunately we didn’t have the quality from anyone to take advantage of it. 

11 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Not that old one again. Got a feeling we will hear that one trotted out on a regular basis for the next few games.

Put another way - we had loads of possession and a few chances that better sides would've scored from. It is the lack of quality that leads to us missing them, not bad luck.

Come on, even the most negative must admit we didn’t get much luck today. Was it two or three of the woodwork? I don’t deny we lack quality but unfortunately we don’t have the resources that some teams do (£25m was it the combined cost of the two goal scorers today?) and probably the wages each of 2 or 3 of our best players  

I’m definitely not averse to a loan striker coming in if we can find anyone who genuinely improves the squad but we’re falling into the usual trap of trying to make up for defensive deficiencies by looking to add more goals (or ‘buy a striker’ syndrome as I call it, that we seem to suffer from as fans) 

Simply put you shouldn’t have to score 3 every week to win games. And the reason we do is because we’re soft as shit defensively. 

Positives...... OK I'll give it a go. 

Da Silva looks exciting.
Hunt looks ok going forward.
Kelly will be a very good player (although I'd give him a year or 2 at FB before even thinking of moving him inside)
Keeper caught a cross and never kicked it straight out.
Webster can play a bit.
Weimann looks good, at last we have some movement up front.
But the one thing I did like from today? For short periods, when Brownhill moved inside we looked like we were playing with a 3 ( I know it was accidental ) and I think it looked really promising . Brownhill is quality (next to go??) and the movement and passing between the 3 was excellent at times. Yes I know it was probably too easy for Boro and it was when they didn't have to chase the game, but I've been banging on about this for some time. Sadly with LJ's obsession with wingers in a 4-4-2 (although not always playing them) he'll never try this.
and I'm out..... 

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Come on, even the most negative must admit we didn’t get much luck today. Was it two or three of the woodwork?

I agree with much of your post....but a shot against ‘the woodwork’ is a shot off target, I don’t get why people often quote the number of shots that hit a post or the bar....

4 hours ago, Neo said:

Dunno who decides it but it is what I (just about) heard on the tannoy walking out.

I reckon it is somebody in hospitality pissed up?

It was sponsored by Thatchers today....that might explain it.  [thats genuine too]

3 hours ago, Leveller said:

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Did you watch him? He was pulling their centre backs here there and everywhere. Almost every time we got in behind their back line came after his introduction 

Unfortunately we didn’t have the quality from anyone to take advantage of it. 

I thought he was poor, looked sluggish and appeared to lack trust in his touch.  Thought he was gonna get a red card too.  Seemed to lose the plot after tussle with the Boro player.  It wasn’t his fault in fairness, but he lost his cool.

Archived