Why?

Aizoon

Why should I go to the football if:

I can't  swear because it upsets the kiddies

I can't boo because it upsets the players 

I can't drink because SYP lied about Hillsborough

I can't stand because (see above)

I can't complain because City play lovely tippy tappy football

At least I can have a pint while I watch the Glos being stuffed and they have at least won some hit 'n giggle this year...

1 hour ago, Aizoon said:

Why should I go to the football if:

I can't  swear because it upsets the kiddies

I can't boo because it upsets the players 

I can't drink because SYP lied about Hillsborough

I can't stand because (see above)

I can't complain because City play lovely tippy tappy football

At least I can have a pint while I watch the Glos being stuffed and they have at least won some hit 'n giggle this year...

Swear as much as you like if you're not in the 'family' area.

Pretty sure you can boo if you want, though you have to accept that people may not agree with you.

Two 45 minute periods without drinking shouldn't spoil your day.

You can stand, if you have a ticket in the right area.

And feel free to complain if you don't like what is served up!

10 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Swear as much as you like if you're not in the 'family' area.

Pretty sure you can boo if you want, though you have to accept that people may not agree with you.

Two 45 minute periods without drinking shouldn't spoil your day.

You can stand, if you have a ticket in the right area.

And feel free to complain if you don't like what is served up!

I like to have a drink while I'm watching the game. It's not a necessity, it's a pleasure. I hear that they're quite popular.

It is mainly poor refs that cause me to swear aloud at games.  Oliver Langford has got the brunt of it before from me....but I thought he did what was expected today.  Linesman on LS side was crap though!

However, the BCTV guys are now occupying the wheelchair section (Frankie Fielding was therefore in the building - co-commentating) so I might need to be more careful.

4 minutes ago, South-of-river said:

Which at a guess would make you around 70? And you no how to use a computer/smart phone? 

Thats impressive. 

I've been working with computers since 1967 and I worked with a woman who used one in 1944-5. You millenials didn't invent them, dees know...

And I know the difference between NO & KNOW.

11 minutes ago, South-of-river said:

No it’s fine. I was actually impressed, my nan who’s a similar age can just about turn a tv on and boil a kettle! 

Advanced technology there! Did you get the referenve to my workmate who dealt with a computer in 1944? There was only one on the world then. She worked at Bletchley Park on Colossus, decoding Enigma intercepts. About as secret as it gets :o

31 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Advanced technology there! Did you get the referenve to my workmate who dealt with a computer in 1944? There was only one on the world then. She worked at Bletchley Park on Colossus, decoding Enigma intercepts. About as secret as it gets :o

No I missed that! I was hurting by being called a millennial.. haha.. but that’s amazing though! I love history, Especially learning about WW2 and the effort by everyone. 

I always say if I could go out for a beer with anyone, it’d be with uncle Albert from only fools.. he had some stories! 

Archived