IGNORED

Marley Watkins

marcofisher

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yep

Can see as I said he’s something we havnt got

(Although he doesn’t fit into Lees playing ethos) 

I Think we lack pace and power through the side so he will at least give us that

That’s why I thought we’d go 433 this season.

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s why I thought we’d go 433 this season.

Been banging on about 4-3-3 as at least a viable Plan B for at least a year- but yeah it's overdue IMO. :laughcont:

I do agree with you however- and with the wingers, and general changes in personnel, it would make even more sense I think. Diedhiou Eliasson and O'Dowda is one configuration. Or maybe if it's more about through balls to Diedhiou (unsure it plays to his strengths necessarily) Weimann and Paterson in a more modern 4-3-3 who can both pull wide, come inside and do the through balls- extra flexibility, maybe Weimann and Diedhiou with Paterson as the '1' in a 4-3-1-2.

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Been banging on about 4-3-3 as at least a viable Plan B for at least a year- but yeah it's overdue IMO. :laughcont:

I do agree with you however- and with the wingers, and general changes in personnel, it would make even more sense I think. Diedhiou Eliasson and O'Dowda is one configuration. Or maybe if it's more about through balls to Diedhiou (unsure it plays to his strengths necessarily) Weimann and Paterson in a more modern 4-3-3 who can both pull wide, come inside and do the through balls- extra flexibility, maybe Weimann and Diedhiou with Paterson as the '1' in a 4-3-1-2.

I think 433 opens up the option to play Smith, Pack and Brownhill, or 2 of them plus say O’Dowda as a ‘Hourihane’ type player in the midfield.  Not forgetting Walsh too, and even Hegeler, as probably made for a 3.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think 433 opens up the option to play Smith, Pack and Brownhill, or 2 of them plus say O’Dowda as a ‘Hourihane’ type player in the midfield.  Not forgetting Walsh too, and even Hegeler, as probably made for a 3.

Agree with all that.

O'Dowda in the Hourihane role is interesting, perhaps he has a future centrally. 3 in central mid would give us a lot more options, flexibility and versatility tbh.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Do you rate O’Dowda Dave? Needs to stay fit & find an end product for me. At the minute he seems to promise the world but deliver **** all. I wouldn’t be surprised if we make a loan bid for Connor Hourihane especially after they signed the impressive McGinn. CH was on the bench Sat, Recommend him when at Plymouth. Just what we need next to MP. Strong, can break up play, gets stuck in & can create & score goals. 

56 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

Do you rate O’Dowda Dave? Needs to stay fit & find an end product for me. At the minute he seems to promise the world but deliver **** all. I wouldn’t be surprised if we make a loan bid for Connor Hourihane especially after they signed the impressive McGinn. CH was on the bench Sat, Recommend him when at Plymouth. Just what we need next to MP. Strong, can break up play, gets stuck in & can create & score goals. 

A lot still to do for me.  Not done anywhere near as much as Brownhill but both oft quoted as being the next £5m men (not by me).  He’s had one spell of 5/6/7 games leading up to his injury v Hull where he started to deliver, inc goals v Cardiff and Palace. It looked like in that spell he’d learned (finally) what was required at this level...that you can’t coast and look pretty.  Got to re-find that or he’ll be another player on the list of “LJ’s recruitment critique”.

2 hours ago, redcherryberry said:

Personally I`d carry Conor Hourihane to Bristol on my back if he`d come here. I do recall though, that amongst all the rumours and hearsay that went on when LJ cam here, some of the Barnsley fans that commented did say he was a player who did actually fall out with him.

Archived